What tables did you play today?

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Yeah pretty much : ). And the upper playfield side targets are an interesting challenge to shoot for.

Yeah, they are really difficult shots, especially the lowest ones. I generally focus on the BLACK HOLE targets and the randomness takes care of the side targets in the process.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Yeah, they are really difficult shots, especially the lowest ones. I generally focus on the BLACK HOLE targets and the randomness takes care of the side targets in the process.

See I go the other way 'cause there's no way I'm gonna spell BLACK HOLE in order on purpose. Or hm it *is* supposed to be in order, isn't it? I could swear that's what the instructions said. Anyway I don't find them particularly fun shots.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
See I go the other way 'cause there's no way I'm gonna spell BLACK HOLE in order on purpose. Or hm it *is* supposed to be in order, isn't it? I could swear that's what the instructions said. Anyway I don't find them particularly fun shots.

It is in order, but BLACK and HOLE are separate. And if you spell it out of order, your "progress" is saved for the next time the drops pop up. So if you have BL, but then hit C, you can still hit A, and then need to hit K to clear the drop targets, so they pop up again and you can hit C and have it "count".

That way you always get at least one letter each time you clear the drop target bank, so the by brute fore, the maximum number of times you need to clear each bank is five for BLACK and four for HOLE.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Ohh I see, that explains how I get 'em eventually. ; ) Thanks, I probably never would have figured out how that worked!

~~~~~

The "Fatality" call out on Medieval Madness spooked me today, I dunno if I've ever heard that one before : oo

Decided to go for castles and see how that would work, of course Bowen was right and it's the way to start off if you're point-hunting. Should have stopped shooting the castle after I cleared them all on ball one though ; )

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Ohh I see, that explains how I get 'em eventually. ; ) Thanks, I probably never would have figured out how that worked!

~~~~~

The "Fatality" call out on Medieval Madness spooked me today, I dunno if I've ever heard that one before : oo

Decided to go for castles and see how that would work, of course Bowen was right and it's the way to start off if you're point-hunting. Should have stopped shooting the castle after I cleared them all on ball one though ; )

Also worth noting that spelling either BLACK or HOLE alone increases lower playfield scoring, but spelling both increases it even more. Can't remember the exact multiplier. But keep in mind that having just one spelled carries through to the next ball, but if you spell both and lose your ball, you need to start from scratch. So there's a risk/reward element there.

Love me some Black Hole!

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Also worth noting that spelling either BLACK or HOLE alone increases lower playfield scoring, but spelling both increases it even more. Can't remember the exact multiplier. But keep in mind that having just one spelled carries through to the next ball, but if you spell both and lose your ball, you need to start from scratch. So there's a risk/reward element there.

Love me some Black Hole!

With one g-force accelerator it's 2x lower playfield with both it's 3x.

Doesn't seem significant unless you have 4x or 5x bonus multiplier. Remember that with 2x it's essentially like getting a 10x bonus multiplier with both g-force it's like getting 15x so it does make a difference.

Basically what I like to do is try and get one g-force, then go downstairs, hit the right bank twice to light the extra ball. Then lock the ball. Back upstairs, try for the upper lock and the other bank and also try and snag that extra ball. If the ball ends up downstairs again I complete the bank and slap it around down there as long as possible and focus on the right loop to increase the bonus X. Once back upstairs I try for the other bank and once the lock happens to be lit I lock the ball. Once the ball is locked I shoot the third ball straight back downstairs and keep them both down there as long as possible. If one drops the keep the other one down there as much as possible as well. Once they both drop your top priority is to get all three back to the lower play field and keep them down there. This table is hugely stacked to the bonus. According to the separate scoreboard for bonus count the max bonus for one ball is just shy of 5 million which is a huge score for the game as it is. If you can build that bonus up to 250k with a multiplier consider it a great ball in practice.

Protip: the lower target banks are where the scoring is at.

TripleT

Sep 23, 2012
Victory. Rolled the score over and got tired of playing... only to discover the score really does roll back to 0.

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
I played White Water for several hours today while listening to the Coast to Coast pinball podcast. My best score was 124,361,890. I did this on a mini iPad and I realize it is a very low score but I really enjoyed playing the table. The only other time I ever even played it was on an iPod Touch and I didn't like it on that device.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Last two days I've been getting stuck into Table Packs 19 and 20 on PS3. No amazing tables, but will keep me quite happy until season 3 arrives.

Oddly enough my favourite is El Dorado. Simple rules but incredibly fun. The drop target focus reminds me of Big Shot. I'll miss Farsight not doing simpler tables like this one, I have to say.

Pinetwig

Dec 23, 2013
Found out a pub 15 minutes from me has a AC/DC so I went a had a few games not having a clue what to do. Had beginners luck and got mb and replay on the first ball while I didn't accomplished anything on all the other balls. I'll be back.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
Dr. Dude today. I have 4 more goals and I actually like this table. One of those that I played a lot IRL.

........... and done :)

Last edited:

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Found out a pub 15 minutes from me has a AC/DC so I went a had a few games not having a clue what to do. Had beginners luck and got mb and replay on the first ball while I didn't accomplished anything on all the other balls. I'll be back.

AC/DC is very complex. I don't really like it because I don't understand the rules and would have to spend a lot of money to get to that point where I have a good strategy. It's more a home machine than arcade machine. Unusual for a Ritchie, really.

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
I also played Big Shot today and really liked it. I got all the basic table goals and got a few scores on my leader board! I like that you get five balls per game believe me I need all of them.

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
The baby girl wakes me up a couple of hours early this morning and, after a bit of milk in a bottle, she settles down and I shamble back to bed. The cats, however, mistakenly believe the baby has given the official morning breakfast bell and they begin their daily antics. There is no point resisting, they’re persistent. Play, feed, scoop, play some more; there’s no choice.

After playtime I pause for a sit-down on the couch with a cat in the lap, and I pick up the iPad for some pinball before sunrise. One game of Fish Tales, I say. I’m sleepy, so it’ll be over quickly. Well, it’s my best Fish Tales performance ever. The sky, dark when I started, is glowing pink and blue and I have a new high score.

I’d go back to bed but the lap cat is still sleeping; don’t want to wake the little gal up! So, Black Rose, here I come. Time rolls, the sunlight chases the stars from the sky and the globe of the sun waits just below the horizon, and I have another high score! That’s unusual. Two excellent games in a row on different tables. I usually need a few warm up games.

The cat is gone because I was twitching my legs while nudging during that last game, but I’m almost awake now. Might as well play one more. Twilight Zone, and I’m unstoppable. I’ve polished off Lost In The Zone and I’m approaching my high score… all on my first ball! This is so far beyond any previous Twilight Zone session that I think I must BE in the Twilight Zone. It’s very nerve-wracking.

I trap the ball on the left flipper and shift in my seat because I haven’t moved since I started Fish Tales. I tip the iPad slightly as I stretch and the screen rotates, rotates back, and freezes. That’s it. Game over. The sun is almost free of the hills and I must get ready for work. But I’m on a roll!

What to do? Bah. It's only work. Twilight Zone again, of course! I try to pretend that I’m simply continuing the game I just lost to the fates, I pretend that I’m just starting ball 2... but it doesn’t work. Three quick drains and not a flicker of the magic remains. I am a pinball klutz once again. I glance over to the mirror and my reflection looks just like Burgess Meredith! Well, I don’t have my glasses on so I can’t see that far, but the fuzzy blob of my head resembles Mr. M in my imagination.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
I've been kicking gorgars butt.. most games have been over 1 mil. anyways I was just wondering if anyone could link me to the 'random' wheel. I lost it cuz im using a diff lappytoppy. I searched the forum but my googlefu isn't da best.

Patty

Banned
Jan 18, 2014
Actually trying to solve my last wizard-goal on Twilight Zone (PS4). I need to get to be " lost in the Zone"! Hard work, but fun.
My first impressions on TZ were not so positive, compared to the ranking of this table in reviews and ranking-lists. But the longer I play this table, the more "I´m lost in the zone".

While "Harley Davidson" is "finished" after 4-5 hours, TZ deliveres a long-time-motivation of first degree.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts