What tables did you play today?

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Twilight Zone. Actually a two-day marathon, I paused it overnight with 40 billion accumulated and maximum extra balls in stock.

I was finally on a roll, going infinite with extra balls, earning them faster than losing them. Left-right-piano-lock, hitting them all with ninety percent accuracy, turning over door after door, jackpot after jackpot, LITZ after LITZ. Rolled over the door panel count at 255 (that's 17 LITZes) and kept on going. Accumulated over 1 billion in Powerball Mania multiple times and doubled it with the camera Collect Bonus. Zoomed past 50 billion, 60, 80, 100. Firmly aiming at the #1 high score berth of 118B.

It was well past midnight, but I had to finish the game, with the snowstorm already in progress outside and terrified of losing power before the next day. (PC version on a desktop, no battery backup.) Here was the critical moment: I had run out of extra balls, but had 3 more ready. Outlanes were lit from the super skill shot, and I'd collected five Spiral Awards with the next being EB lit. But I had to light the gumball again to collect that next Spiral (see my latest post in the TZ strategy thread.) And Battle the Power was lit so the right ramp shot went to that. You guessed it, ball went from Powerfield > exit > bumpers > unlit outlane. Three potential extra balls gone in a flash.

I limped through a couple more doors, but couldn't hold focus after that and now past 1 AM. Final shot was supposed to be at the lock, but bricked it horribly off the left post by the slot machine, directly into the left outlane. Game over. Final score: 117,475,014,260, just over a billion short of the top slot. Aargh. I want that and know I'm capable, but don't think I can stomach yet another twelve hours of Twilight Zone.

DJI

Feb 16, 2014
GRAND CHAMPION IN TOTAN....21,898,280
As well as holding all positions in Sultans Court
jy9etu4y.jpg

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Was at the mall today and popped in the arcade. Bride of Pinbot and HS2 The Getaway were in their usual spots. But Austin Powers was missing. In his place was a Bally Cybernaut. I've only seen this pin once before but it was not working. It was only 25 cents per play so my wife and I played a couple of games. The four credits went by pretty quickly. This simple layout turned out to be a drain monster. Still fun though.

0k89.jpg

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
i finally got over 1,000,000 on gorgar. i didn't think i was gonna make it, by the start of my 3rd ball i only had about 600,000. when i finally did lose my last ball, i still had two diff extra balls lit (the hole and the roving arrow) that i could of collected that i didnt get to cash in. so i guess my new goal is to reach 1,500,000, that's gonna be tough.

to gorgar: sorry i had to hurt you tonight, but you have smacked me around so much and so often, you deserve your butt kicked once in awhile. i hope we can still be frienemies. i'll be back soon, so we can resume our lil war. but for this week i'm pulling a george costanza and leaving on a high note.

hahaha. the joke is on me. I have been wondering for months why my gorgar scores haven't been posting on the leaderboards for months now. turns out, I have had the tilt OFF. I don't usually turn the tilt off, but I must of done it sometime while in a drunken stooper. oh well. gives me one more reason to keep playing this classic table.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
ST:TNG! Finally decided to ignore everything except going for Borg Multiball, and of course quickly found that oh yeah you just let the ball roll down past the upper flipper for an easy dead pass and flip back up into the lock, duh! I love it when you get both a lock activation and a lock on one shot from a lucky carom off the top of the rollover lanes. : )

Also realized that I need to turn Event Camera back on if I'm going to follow this strategy because otherwise I really stink at aiming the phasers to increase the jackpot multiplier. : P

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
This weekend, I played:

Cue Ball Wizard
Victory
El Dorado
Class of 1812
Harley Davidson
Funhouse
Monster Bash
Cactus Canyon

A good session overall. I got a top 5 score on El Dorado, a top 20 score on 1812, and got Monsters of Rock for the first time on Monster Bash (very late to the party, I know!) It was a very tense final ball trying to light the microphone... if I wasn't in the Zen state I would have choked without a doubt.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
Saturday I played in my garage on mostly two games -
POTC
and WWF wrestling.

Yesterday I went to a league meet at Dawn's place. I've been there the last 4 years and the lineup hasn't changed:

TAF
TZ
Roadshow
Earthshaker
Strange Science
Rollercoaster Tycoon
Medusa

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Playing TotAN and trying to do post traps on the right flipper, I noticed that if you flip at a certain time as the ball is rolling down from the inlane, it will sort of squirt straight up in the air in a really artificial little trajectory, and fall straight down for an easy cradle. A bit weird physics-wise but I guess I can't complain!

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
I don't put much stock in the leaderboards. I play in Pro mode with extra balls off most of the time, so I rarely even glance at the rankings. It's not a true measure of the pinball player's soul, which some would say is the only thing that matters. That being said, for the "weekly," and "monthly" standings for Firepower, I am better than all of you chumps.

I know it's only Tuesday, and I am aware that we're only a few days into March, but it does not matter. Greatness has been confirmed by the Almightly Leaderboard. # 1, baby. If anyone would like a screenshot of the leaderboard to use as a background picture for your ipad, I can email one to you. For five bucks I will autograph it using photoshop.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Haven't played it yet but it sounds like there's a "Terminator 3 Rise of the Machines" on location at a Norwood bowling center, I'll update you when I get to playing it.

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
I have developed an affinity for both RBIoN and Victory. Ripley's to watch the idol jump up and down on the last two digits before. And Victory because of the looong, sloooooow arc of the ball. In my opinion, they are polar opposites. But for me, they're fun to play, and I played them both today.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
I played ToM while dead tired and got to the grand finale for the first time.

Only to fail it. Oh well, new high score of 2.7b

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I played ToM while dead tired and got to the grand finale for the first time.

Only to fail it. Oh well, new high score of 2.7b

I've only gotten there a few times myself. But after all that work to get there, don't you think the grand finale was a little disappointing? The first time I was like, is this it? Feels like the designer dropped the ball a bit there.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts