What tables did you play today?

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Centaur is an amazing machine. Flight 2K also has a very unique multiball. You should be getting that one soon too.

It's funny.....When I first got Centaur I did all the standard/Wizard goals within 3-4 games. I wasn't really looking into getting them accomplished... It just.....Did. Lately this table has been kicking my butt. Those out-lanes are starting to annoy me.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
It's funny.....When I first got Centaur I did all the standard/Wizard goals within 3-4 games. I wasn't really looking into getting them accomplished... It just.....Did. Lately this table has been kicking my butt. Those out-lanes are starting to annoy me.

centaur kicks my butt a lot too, but once in a while I can dish out a beating onto it. yesterday I had a 7 minute multiball going on and racked up around 4-5 million during it. it was so fun and felt so good.

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
Opened Centaur after avoiding it for a couple of weeks. I’m worse than ever. My 5 high scores are from 4.5 million to almost 8 million; those were completed weeks ago, before I read the rules. I didn’t know what I was doing. I was surprised that every once it a while it would chuck four more balls onto the table. So, to find out how I was getting those multi-balls, I read the instructions, figured out what to aim for, and my multi-ball games disappeared. I decided to put it away until I forgot the rules.

Today, I cracked 800,000 once. For about five other games I couldn’t breach 300,000. Only a couple of multi-balls when I hit ORBS in the correct order. I’m very disppointed, but I will commit most of my pinball-time this week to regaining some of that expertise I had before I tried to become an expert.

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
Gosh, I hope that’s it! I can’t believe I so completely lost whatever it was I had going on Centaur. Really, my decline has been abysmal. I’d much rather hear that they made it tougher.

TripleT

Sep 23, 2012
The outlanes seem much greedier, and those kickbacks into the inlane are few and far between now.

Also more SDTM's than I've noticed before. Have to pay closer attention now when the ball drops between the R and B drop targets.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
I have come to the hard decision of selling off part of my classic gaming collection. So today I started testing my Atari 2600/7800 collection and one of the first titles I came across was the 2600 "classic" Midnight Magic.

For an early video pinball,it wasn't too bad - definitely an upgrade from the Video Pinball game. C'mon now,it has 4 flippers,drop targets,& even a spinner:)

Boy,how times have changed...

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
IMO gorgar and centaur have the most random balls while in play... big shot and space shuttle fit in this category also..; but gorgar is my nemeisis and friend. the playfield on gorgar is so simple, but yet intriguing. ahhhh.

ok. lll amdit I have a personal grudge against gorgar. grrrrr .

Man-Machine

Dec 6, 2012
Yes! After a looong dry spell I hit my PB on Centaur! And then of course straight after that I hit my PB on Whirlwind. And then I had my new PB on CP robbed because of a bug....
Will probably be a year or so until next time.
But hey, what's up with Pinballarcade.com? It does notice my new best score on Centaur, but there's no WW or CP on the list if my tables! As if I never bought them at all.
Anybody know what to do to get the record straight?

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
IMO gorgar and centaur have the most random balls while in play... big shot and space shuttle fit in this category also..; but gorgar is my nemeisis and friend. the playfield on gorgar is so simple, but yet intriguing. ahhhh.

ok. lll amdit I have a personal grudge against gorgar. grrrrr .

Personally I think Firepower is much more randon than both put together. Right bumper can send to outlane, other bumper or left scoop. Left bumper will sometimes throw a ball into the left outlane from a right to left directional ball??? Can't be much more random than that.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I played a little Cactus Canyon today.. not much luck with it though, only finished one High Noon. I need to get back to it for a second time one of these games..

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
Curse you, Gorgar! Still haven't cracked 1mil. Had over 900,000 with two balls to go and choked out at 940,000ish, just shy of my highest score.

Centaur! Solved my Centaur slump with a 6 million game and a few 3 millions. Whew. Had a way cool cool four ball slam-dance-conga-line shoot straight down the middle to bring a brutal end to my 6 million+ game. Disappointing, but I feel like I got to see something nobody else has seen before.

Had a couple of multi-ball games in Flight 2000. I don't care about points in this game-- same way with Firepower, too -- any multi-ball game is a big win!

N

netizen

Space Shuttle and Firepower will eventually owe me a whole new set of patience.

How did I ever get the Wizard Goals on these tables when they were released? :rolleyes:

K

Korven

Haven't played for over a week due to not having a Internet connection.

Had a few games of Creature tonight and set a new pb and got 1k hof-points. Iirc hof-points gets synced once I connet to Internet next time?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Played Scared Stiff and White Water. White Water is one of my all time favorites on TPA. But playing Scared Stiff just reminded me how much I hate that dead head loop bug. Makes it just about impossible to to play a whole game on it. :(

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Just went with my wife to the local driving range. After we hit a bucket we went into the gameroom and played The Addams Family and World Cup Soccer. Even got a replay on WCS. Then got ice cream for the ride home. Great weather here in PA lately. Hope everyone one else is having just as nice a day. :)

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
Cactus Canyon, Monster Bash. Now I am going to play Elvira And The Party Monsters, and maybe some more of Goin' Nuts. Love that table.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
I had an opportunity to play in a league setting and played many tables for the first Time. Metallica, Tron, Congo, Dirty Harry, Pinball Wizard, Fathom, Medusa, Paragon, AC/DC. Had A great time and they invited me back next Month.

I found Tron to be my favorite of the Batch. Nice variety of shots getting each multiball. That Corra Shot is pretty tight.

Metallica is ok I can see the allure. This too had a variety of ways to get to Multiball that I saw. I only got to play it while in the tournament and did ok. It may grow on me if I play it again. As there are at least 4 types of mutiball and it's process of starting them.

Fathom is a great table. I voted for it in the poll hope that get's picked up for TPA. Challenging I thought. It was set on 5 balls per game and I did my best scoring on ball 5 though it was not the best score over-all.

Congo is a pretty good table too. The only draw back is that the ball time is long. I think that table took the longest to get people through. the length reminds me of LOTR but the theme isn't as fun. IMO.

Awesome experience.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts