What tables did you play today?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
i finally got over 1,000,000 on gorgar. i didn't think i was gonna make it, by the start of my 3rd ball i only had about 600,000. when i finally did lose my last ball, i still had two diff extra balls lit (the hole and the roving arrow) that i could of collected that i didnt get to cash in. so i guess my new goal is to reach 1,500,000, that's gonna be tough.

to gorgar: sorry i had to hurt you tonight, but you have smacked me around so much and so often, you deserve your butt kicked once in awhile. i hope we can still be frienemies. i'll be back soon, so we can resume our lil war. but for this week i'm pulling a george costanza and leaving on a high note.

I'm in the club too. I decided to play a few games of Gorgar trying to break 1 mil tonight. In truth I've never even hit 800 thousand before. I enjoy Gorgar and play it often, but my scores never seem to improve. Something just clicked tonight and hit my new high of 1,530,780. Nice to get the better of Gorgar for a change.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
So how are you guys approaching Gorgar? Do you just light the saucer for 20K and shoot it over and over, or something else?

K

Korven

So how are you guys approaching Gorgar? Do you just light the saucer for 20K and shoot it over and over, or something else?

I go for everything really. Getting the EB's however is prio one. Never really tried milking the saucer since it would bore me silly. Don't play it much anymore and have a PB of 1,25M I think. Getting 1K HoF-points someday would be nice...

Edit: OnT; been busy with the new beta lately, those first two wiz goals on ECoG will be hard to get...

Last edited:

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012

i'm too afraid to milk the saucer. i get wild bounces when it ejects out of there. i just mostly go for EB's. i am getting pretty good at hitting the upper G-O-R targets. i can hit them from a cradled left flipper by back handing the ball up there hitting the left most bumper which usually hits a drop target or two. i ALWAYS make shooting the snake pit a priority when it's lit. other than that, its a constant fight for survival for me, which is why i love this machine so much.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
I just shoot for the saucers when they are lit, otherwise I keep going for the middle drop targets. They tend to bounce the ball to the left, causing it to hit a lot os juicy stuff up there (as well as lighting the bumpers), and hit the "shelf" in the top left side on its way down, ensuring a safe, slower descend every time.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I just shoot for the saucers when they are lit, otherwise I keep going for the middle drop targets. They tend to bounce the ball to the left, causing it to hit a lot os juicy stuff up there (as well as lighting the bumpers), and hit the "shelf" in the top left side on its way down, ensuring a safe, slower descend every time.

This is exactly what I was doing when I hit 1.5 mil. I also shot the spinner pretty frequently from the left flipper to get those rollover lanes.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
I've been focussing on the tables where my position is lowest, reasoning that I have the best chance of improving there. This morning there were ten tables where my best score was still outside the top 2000, but happily enough there are now just eight, as I got new high scores on WhirlWind (about 28M) and NoGood Gofers (about 103M).

Gained myself 70 points in the process and went up a place :)

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
Spent some time with Big Shot yesterday and I managed two games over the 250,000 wizard goal, bringing my total number of victories to five. It's nice to see them stacked up there on the high scores menu.

Hit Gorgar a few times this morning and had yet another 900,000+ game, but fell tragically short of one million due to the final two balls taking very quick right-outlane exits. I still have only one 1million+ game and I'm hoping to do it again so that it doesn't feel like a fluke.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
When I play Gorgar I mainly shoot for the drop targets for the same reasons others have stated. One other thing I keep an eye out for is when the spinner is lit, its actually pretty decent value to shoot for the brief time it stays lit. Hmmm.. maybe I'll play some Gorgar today and try to break 2M in between bouts of frustration with TCP.

As for yesterday I got to play a few really nice HUO top-end games when I visited the home of a great pinball enthusiast in the area to pick up a pinball moving device. I played his Spider-Man Black, AC/DC Premium, Iron-Man and looked over the rest of his amazing collection for a while.
http://www.pinballlifter.com/

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
i have been playing harley davidson the past couple of days. im still trying to get to milwaukee (the wizard mode) i have come fairly close a few times but always seem to choke when i get close to it. it actually takes quit a bit of time to get there. it doesnt help that i always for some reason deviate from whatever plan i have/had at the time on reaching this goal. im currently sitting at 633,000,000 points and my personal goal is to get 1 billion on it.

i also just recently almost doubled my personal best on EATPM. went from 37 million to 72 million. i think 72 million is just fine for me at the moment, while a fun game, it does get tedious after a while.

this coming week i plan on playing some black hole and funhouse. these two tables i am ok at, but by no means am i great at them. i just never really got into them. i am hoping that by spending some solid game time on them that i can learn to appreciate them more and perhaps learn to love them. if not, oh well, at very the least, i will have improved my pinball skills in some fashion or another.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
played about a solid hour of black hole. having fun with it. i got my personal best up to almost 2,800,000. im starting to learn the intricacies of the table. my game times vary on this machine, sometimes its brutal to me and i have a 2-3 minute game, but other times i get a "hot" ball and it seems like i can do no wrong. im gonna set my personal goal at 3.5 million.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
played about a solid hour of black hole. having fun with it. i got my personal best up to almost 2,800,000. im starting to learn the intricacies of the table. my game times vary on this machine, sometimes its brutal to me and i have a 2-3 minute game, but other times i get a "hot" ball and it seems like i can do no wrong. im gonna set my personal goal at 3.5 million.

I like the way you need to "set the table up" for high scores. Get all the drop targets, get lower playfield multiplier to 5x, then lock the balls and start multiball. Feels so satisfying when it works out.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
I like the way you need to "set the table up" for high scores. Get all the drop targets, get lower playfield multiplier to 5x, then lock the balls and start multiball. Feels so satisfying when it works out.

yeah, black hole finally "clicked" in for me. i finally understand why this table is beloved by people now. after some practice i am now able to hit the b-l-a-c-k h-o-l-e drop targets with alot more accuracy, and more importantly i can now survive ALOT longer on the lower playfield. got my high score above 5 million now. i still haven't been able to get all 3 balls on the lower playfield yet, which i am assuming is gotta be a blast. i can get 2 balls down there pretty regularly now. i am having alotta fun with this table, i am glad i finally decided to devote some time to learn it.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
decided to finally play STTNG. i bought this table when it first came out but never really played it. i really suck at it. before today i probably played it less than 20 times total. after about 5 games i started to get a lil better at it. i still suck at it, but i got my personal best up to a decent 2.4 billion and even managed to get a final frontier. i really need to work on learning where the 'dead zones' are and how to react to them in time. i'll probably play another 10-20 games on it to see where my skills take me before i move on to other games im not so good at.

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
Played some Cue Ball Wizard. Saw a few videos on how to play it right, and gave it a go. Feels nice to play a new table that you know what you have to do instead of just flip them flippers. :)

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
In case you're wondering, Borg MB + Q's Challenge is the way to go for big points, noid.

thanks captain, i had heard about the borg mb, but not q's challenge. at this point im still learning how to stay alive from the myriad of cheap drains. i was actually on my way to the strategy/tip thread right before i saw this post.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.