when will we see cabinet options?

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Yea basically Mike was in full flight ready to deliver a golden egg, until some ****** in the Farsight management just blasted him out of the sky with a sawn off shotgun.

Galahad999

Nov 1, 2015
Here's one way to look at cabinet mode, which is perhaps obvious, but I seldom see anyone mentioning it.

I assume FarSight is in business to sell their awesome pinball tables.

If Pinball Arcade "cabinet mode" were to show up (and worked on my cabinet), I would buy ALL of the tables FarSight has already made, as well as any they make in the future.
I assume many other cabinet owners would do the same thing to some degree. It might be a small market (I don't know how many people have a pinball cabinet), but these folks
clearly love pinball simulations and probably have some disposable cash.

Currently, Visual Pinball works great on a cabinet, as well as Pinball FX2, but the Pinball Arcade tables are gorgeous and would be a terrific addition.

tl;dr: Cabinet mode will sell some Pinball Arcade tables to people who don't already own them.

P1r

May 4, 2013
I agree completely, Galahad. It's exactly the same for me, plus it would get me to finally build that bloody cabinet I've been planning for years...

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Here's one way to look at cabinet mode, which is perhaps obvious, but I seldom see anyone mentioning it.

I assume FarSight is in business to sell their awesome pinball tables.

If Pinball Arcade "cabinet mode" were to show up (and worked on my cabinet), I would buy ALL of the tables FarSight has already made, as well as any they make in the future.
I assume many other cabinet owners would do the same thing to some degree. It might be a small market (I don't know how many people have a pinball cabinet), but these folks
clearly love pinball simulations and probably have some disposable cash.

Currently, Visual Pinball works great on a cabinet, as well as Pinball FX2, but the Pinball Arcade tables are gorgeous and would be a terrific addition.

tl;dr: Cabinet mode will sell some Pinball Arcade tables to people who don't already own them.

It seems to me that nearly everyone that went so far as to have a cabinet probably already owns all the tables. I actually think it's a bit odd that you don't when you consider the cost of a cab and how cheap all the tables are in comparison.

Carny_Priest

Jan 9, 2015
Not me. I've invested enough in hardware. Why pay $ for software whose feature set is so much less than the open source alternatives? No animated back glasses, no force feedback, no support for real DMD, few user adjustments, easy physics, etc.

I'm not here trash TPA. It looks good and it's fun to play. But FS is not providing much incentive to support them for cabinets. It's just something to get my fix on a tablet when I don't have access to my cab. That's it.

Rooter

Apr 23, 2012
It seems to me that nearly everyone that went so far as to have a cabinet probably already owns all the tables. I actually think it's a bit odd that you don't when you consider the cost of a cab and how cheap all the tables are in comparison.

Why would I buy tables that don't work properly on my device? For all I know, I will need to buy all new cabinet versions of the tables, making the ones I would have purchased worthless. I bought season 1, just to test out how well all the user hacks work, but I'm not going to bother with any more of tables until they work properly. I already have a lifetime supply of great games that actually work in my cabinet. There is no point in buying tables that don't even work as well as ones fans have created in their spare time.

fastdraw

Oct 29, 2015
Petition for mode cabinet (as fx2):D , With management active backglass and 2 or 3 displays ; for christmas possible ?

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Petition for mode cabinet (as fx2):D , With management active backglass and 2 or 3 displays ; for christmas possible ?

We have been asking for years and never got so much as a carrot. Not even adjustable views. Luckily NoEx did the camera mod and then the cab backgkass mod which means the tables that I (and others) previously bought to support Farsight on the premise cab that cab support was coming, aren't wasted. However since the announcement on cab support being delayed indefinitely I haven't and will not spend any more money on Farsight through mobile, consoles, and Steam. I also no longer promote the product to friends, forums, etc as I already got stung by that one - ie: told a friend that cab support was coming, he bought a couple of pro reasons based on that as he wanted to build a cab one day, etc.

I don't trust the management of this company. Too many broken promises, and too many to start naming here.

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
We have been asking for years and never got so much as a carrot. Not even adjustable views. Luckily NoEx did the camera mod and then the cab backgkass mod which means the tables that I (and others) previously bought to support Farsight on the premise cab that cab support was coming, aren't wasted. However since the announcement on cab support being delayed indefinitely I haven't and will not spend any more money on Farsight through mobile, consoles, and Steam. I also no longer promote the product to friends, forums, etc as I already got stung by that one - ie: told a friend that cab support was coming, he bought a couple of pro reasons based on that as he wanted to build a cab one day, etc.

I don't trust the management of this company. Too many broken promises, and too many to start naming here.

+1 Totally agree with what you have said. Unfortunately, this isn't something I recommend to friends anymore either.

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
+1 Totally agree with what you have said. Unfortunately, this isn't something I recommend to friends anymore either.

I recommend it because.... what else is there emulating real tables? EDIT - Okay that was stupid - or rather I forgot about Pin Mame so yeah, but still you know - it is totaly 3d and with oculus comming up it has that going for it. END EDIT
Although I do bring up its shortcomings so none will be surprised or expecting more than there is :/

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Hey Farsight. Can you stop screwing your fan base?

You're really coming across like a whiner posting your displeasure in a bunch of threads about this that haven't been posted in over a month. Yeah you're upset about the lack of cabinet support but let it go already. Move on with your life. Sheesh.

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
Still hoping Farsight will make good on the initial promise for cab support at some point.

Ben....Don't hold your breath. Unfortunately...Farsight projects are usually like a mirage.....you see it...then you don't! I still suspect this was further along in development than we thought and then GS killed it and now we will wait a year or so for the Stern app. (But Facebook says there will be news this summer....lol) Most likely indicating that it will be delayed 6-18 months....:p

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Ben....Don't hold your breath. Unfortunately...Farsight projects are usually like a mirage.....you see it...then you don't! I still suspect this was further along in development than we thought and then GS killed it and now we will wait a year or so for the Stern app. (But Facebook says there will be news this summer....lol) Most likely indicating that it will be delayed 6-18 months....:p

Very apt!

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
Just my annual check-in to see if Pinball Arcade has cabinet support yet.

Nope.

See you guys next year.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Just my annual check-in to see if Pinball Arcade has cabinet support yet.

Nope.

See you guys next year.

I said it before and will say it again.. It's like a driving sim game not supporting a driving rig setup / multi-monitors. Pretty insane.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.