Where is Sorcerer?

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
What system does the PHOF work on?

Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection. I had it for Xbox 360. Also was available for PS3 and Wii. The Wii version didn't have Tales, Medieval, or Gofers as far as I remember.

It's the game that got me hooked on pinball. Since the achievements were based on the rules, I learned about the different things you had to do to score better. As a kid, I just thought it was random flipping, keep the ball alive. Wish someone would have showed me a long time ago how to play.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
whatever happened to eight ball deluxe wasnt that a user voted pin like cebthries ago?

it was in two polls. The first one it lost to Centaur by only 9 votes. The second was a set of "endorsed by Farsight polls" for Bally tables and it finished number 9. Only black rose, Who Dunnit?, and the Party Zone finished ahead of it and have been produced. The others are either licensed tables that may have an issue stemming from that (Corvette, World Cup Soccer, Judge Dredd) or may be coming eventually (Safecracker, Xenon).

An interesting note is that Sorcerer was not included in the Williams poll done around the same time due to the assumption that it would be released.

Tarik

Banned
Dec 27, 2014
They don't have the physical table anymore.
That didn't stop them from releasing Goin' Nuts, they never owned that table.

...I recall a Facebook rep say that if they did Sorcerer, they wouldn't be able to use assets and would have to start from scratch.
They started Medieval Madness, Funhouse and a few other tables from scratch too and they were all released as a bonus to a new table.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
That didn't stop them from releasing Goin' Nuts, they never owned that table.

They started Medieval Madness, Funhouse and a few other tables from scratch too and they were all released as a bonus to a new table.

Well then, where's Sorcerer?

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I would also very much like to see Sorcerer; I had hoped it would be a paired table I the first couple of years, but alas. Fingers crossed for this season!

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection. I had it for Xbox 360. Also was available for PS3 and Wii. The Wii version didn't have Tales, Medieval, or Gofers as far as I remember.

It's the game that got me hooked on pinball. Since the achievements were based on the rules, I learned about the different things you had to do to score better. As a kid, I just thought it was random flipping, keep the ball alive. Wish someone would have showed me a long time ago how to play.

PHOF was actually on 360, PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP, and 3DS.

The Wii and PSP versions didn't have the DMD games, while the PS2 version lacked Jive Time and Sorcerer in addition to those (though you can still see them in the arcade). The 3DS version only had a handful of tables.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
What do you mean? Elaborate, please.

I think he's referring to some Steam files that may have accidentally got into a recent build, unless they didn't get there by accident. Someone else pointed them out to me a while ago. I imagine it's the same deal as the "Ace High" stuff that's been sitting there since day 1.

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
Yep. I may not have noticed it before. Wasn't High Speed II in there quite awhile before it finally released?

Most likely it's coming just perhaps not immediately.

xray23

Mar 18, 2015
Yes! We need Sorcerer! Simple yet challenging. I don't like the newer releases from FS as the tables are too cluttered. Plus Sorcerer is WAY cool!! Also, let's see some Williams Flash!

invitro

May 4, 2012
Yep. I may not have noticed it before. Wasn't High Speed II in there quite awhile before it finally released?
A month before... a stub was there on July 24, and it was released Aug 21. It wasn't there in May or June. It may have been before that, I don't have backups older than May.

The Sorcerer stub "TSorcerer_Enums.csv" is about as stubby as possible... it's just a 60-byte file, well here are its entire contents:

RSID_TSORCERER_START, 3550,,,
,[Offset], TALES_FLYER_1, 0,

It appears on Aug 24 with the HS2 release and is still there. I seem to remember another Sorcerer stub or two before May.

I have no idea if it means anything. Someone here had the idea that it might be a table that Farsight is keeping held in case they have difficulty making a table and can't release it on time. That sounds reasonable to me.

Another reason why these file stubs are not necessarily meaningless: a semi-stub for Frankenstein appeared in July. It has the names of the ROM files, that's the only Frankenstein-specific info in it. It was removed shortly thereafter.

Last edited:

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
I have no idea if it means anything. Someone here had the idea that it might be a table that Farsight is keeping held in case they have difficulty making a table and can't release it on time. That sounds reasonable to me.

Some of the other stubs that appeared when the Frankenstein stub showed up did seemed to be in that direction (stubs for Ghostbusters pin and an "EldoradoEM" stub also appeared, as well as a construction kit stub.)

Some of the accidental stub releases mean something and some of them don't mean anything. :)

SuperKaladrax

Feb 24, 2014
Some of the other stubs that appeared when the Frankenstein stub showed up did seemed to be in that direction (stubs for Ghostbusters pin and an "EldoradoEM" stub also appeared, as well as a construction kit stub.)

Some of the accidental stub releases mean something and some of them don't mean anything. :)

I wish we'd gotten the El Dorado EM instead of the Morse code jungle salad one we did.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I think Sorcerer should have been one of the first TPA tables. I'd still love to see it, but I'm hoping we get Road Show, Getaway, Banzai Run, and Cyclone first. It's one of the earlier real pinball tables I got into, last seen at a local pool hall in summer 2000, since closed.

Sorcerer is the one real table I would actually buy if I had the money. Oh well, there's always PHOF.

Well, looks like I'm 3 for 4 so far. I still want Sorcerer-it has a great mix of old-school sounds of Williams, fair objectives, fast gameplay, and great art. It may be a little repetitive (HS2 is too, IMO, and I still love it), but this is one I can enjoy for an hours-long bender purely on the strength of the old-school overall feel.
I would pay $5 for a stand-alone digital version of this game, even if it weren't to make it into TPA. Yet still, I hope FarSight decides to track down a table and get to work on it for TPA.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.