Where's the IOS Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Yeah, Taxi alone will be really sweet with the new, speedier engine (the ball sometimes crawl through the trails at a snails pace), and AFM would be super cool as well, given that I'm going to spend my upcoming vacation with a Revenge From Mars machine nearby ;)

Hopefully the next DLC won't come out at the very end of the month again, I hope Farsight and Apple take the express lane with the next round! (*insert canned laughter here*)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah, Taxi alone will be really sweet with the new, speedier engine (the ball sometimes crawl through the trails at a snails pace), and AFM would be super cool as well, given that I'm going to spend my upcoming vacation with a Revenge From Mars machine nearby ;)

Hopefully the next DLC won't come out at the very end of the month again, I hope Farsight and Apple take the express lane with the next round! (*insert canned laughter here*)

It took longer this month because there was more extensive beta testing...so it's definitely better that they didn't rush it, even though there still will be a few bugs.

J2fold

Jul 28, 2012
Just got the update on my iPad....

Just kidding *hides under desk to avoid all the rocks throw at me*

Seriously though, does anyone think it was a bad idea to add this as a free app in the app store? There were over 200 1 star ratings. Personally I think they were from people who thought they were going to get everything for free which is a shame because Pinball Arcade and Zen Pinball are the best one's.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
It took longer this month because there was more extensive beta testing...so it's definitely better that they didn't rush it, even though there still will be a few bugs.

Oh, I definitely rather wait a little longer than having game-breaking bugs like in Monster Bash, that's for sure ;)

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012

Seriously though, does anyone think it was a bad idea to add this as a free app in the app store? There were over 200 1 star ratings. Personally I think they were from people who thought they were going to get everything for free which is a shame because Pinball Arcade and Zen Pinball are the best one's.

Well, it surely is good to give people a free sample so that they can see how much better than most other app store pinball games it is ;) Unfortunately there will always be enough people that will drag a free app down by having absolutely unreasonable attitudes, who want everything for free or a dollar max... Usually the paid versions of apps have much higher ratings, and people who have a real interest in pinball sims will certainly look beyond the many 1 stars.

Interestingly, on the german store the free app has 9 ratings, while the paid one has 158 - and both are 4 out of 5.

emb531

Mar 22, 2012

Yea, majority of people who download the free app of the week are cheap, immature, and generally uneducated about what it takes to make a game such a Pinball Arcade.

Also, I'm nervous about this update...don't want to say the word, but you know what I'm referring to. Got to play some of CFTBL on my coworker's tablet, was fun but graphics/frame rate were lacking.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yea, majority of people who download the free app of the week are cheap, immature, and generally uneducated about what it takes to make a game such a Pinball Arcade.

Also, I'm nervous about this update...don't want to say the word, but you know what I'm referring to. Got to play some of CFTBL on my coworker's tablet, was fun but graphics/frame rate were lacking.

Don't worry. It'll be smooth on your 4S.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
sure we'll have it soon. look Apple, it's already out on Android... I know you've had much right now, with Mountain Lion and all, but come on; you gonna let Google run the show now?...
It is really sad isn't it? Apple better get on the ball and approve these faster. They should have someone personally dedicated to their releases. Android first again, really Apple?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online