Which of the TPA pins have you played the actual physical table?

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
I was just there the other day! I try to go every few months. Some guy was hogging the Black Knight 2000, was that you??? :cool:

Nah, not me! I actually haven't been in a couple of years but I'm due for a trip. I usually play BK2K when I go, though.

Father Time

Apr 21, 2013
None of them, unless it was when I was a kid and I forgot about it. I saw Ripley's at a cinema but when the movie was over the machine was turned off.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Sonmething pretty cool - the Barenaked Ladies tweeted a picture of the pinball arcade I go to regularly. My local joint is famous!

LanceBoyle

Jul 5, 2013
Went to an arcade a few blocks from the school I go to, to see what they had. And surprisingly, they had four pinball machines, two of them (Monster Bash and Medieval Madness) being on TPA (the other two were SMB and Earthshaker!)

(SMB was the one in the best condition, followed by Earthshaker!, Medieval Madness and Monster Bash)

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
I saw that this thread was posted back on,so I updated my list in the first posting to reflect the end do Season 2. Still hoping that TPWA can get some of the games I haven't played yet, like NGG & HH up and running...

Punisher

Jan 5, 2013
I've played TOM, AFM, BoP CFTBL, Pinbot, STTNG, and, uh, I think that's it. But the last time I played any of those pins was before Farsight even existed.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I've played TOM, AFM, BoP CFTBL, Pinbot, STTNG, and, uh, I think that's it. But the last time I played any of those pins was before Farsight even existed.

Farsight existed before any of those tables did, as a matter of fact!

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Pretty stark divide on the timeline for me. From the DMD era, I've played all but two TPA pins (not Champion Pub or Cactus Canyon.) But I've played zero of the machines from 1984 and earlier. In between, I've played only a few of the alphanumeric games (Pinbot, Taxi, Funhouse; not Elvira, Whirlwind, Bride, or any of the Gottliebs.)

LanceBoyle

Jul 5, 2013
Damnit I don't care what the song says. I'm gonna cry for you Argentina.

Heh.

To clarify, though: I had said that, out of all of the pins that were on TPA when I had made the post, the only one I had played IRL was Twilight Zone. Again, I did play plenty other pinballs throughout my childhood.

Also, I doubt Taito Brazil's machines saw a release over here anyway.

TMOverbeck

Dec 10, 2013
I've played everything IRL except Big Shot, Central Park, El Dorado, Genie, Goin Nuts and 1812. Some of them, like Cactus, Gorgar and Gofers, I managed to play only because they were at the Texas Pinball Festival.

Last edited:

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I've played,
Gorgar
Black Hole
Medieval Madness(a ton)
Theatre of Magic(also, a ton)
Whirlwind
Attack from Mars
Haunted House
Funhouse(quite a bit)
Pin*Bot
Taxi(a lot)

However, the ones I've probably played more than any other are BK2K(all time favorite) and High Speed. Hopefully in Season 3.....

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
My girlfriend played Harley Davidson. I was just finishing up a game of Johnny mnemonic and saw her put the last token in. After finishing she was like "that game sucked, I got bored before I lost my first ball." I tried to save her but was too late!!! The moral is, I need to have her play more on tpa before allowing her to go off on her own in an arcade. I had asked why she played it and she though there was no way it could have sucked with the theme!!!

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Yeah, fortunately she only really does pinball and Mario Kart. Not too much else.There's only ever been a few good movie themed games and never really a good movie based on a video game.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Yeah, fortunately she only really does pinball and Mario Kart. Not too much else.There's only ever been a few good movie themed games and never really a good movie based on a video game.

Not from Hollywood anyway...

HSM

Oct 27, 2013
With the exception of "Going Nuts", all of them. If you live near Pittsburgh or feel like making the trip in March, P.A.P.A. Pinburgh usually has a few hundred different tables or so open for play.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Pretty stark divide on the timeline for me. From the DMD era, I've played all but two TPA pins (not Champion Pub or Cactus Canyon.) But I've played zero of the machines from 1984 and earlier. In between, I've played only a few of the alphanumeric games (Pinbot, Taxi, Funhouse; not Elvira, Whirlwind, Bride, or any of the Gottliebs.)

Thanks to the Pinball Hall of Fame in Las Vegas, I got to fill in quite a few gaps today. Central Park, Haunted House, Firepower, Goin Nuts, Bride of Pinbot, Dr. Dude, Champion Pub, and Cactus Canyon. I even joined the Billionaire's Club! Bride may be boring as hell on TPA, but the real machine is actually pretty exciting. I also hit a Gazillion point shot, and made Pub Champion (and reached although lost Ultimate Challenge.)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.