White Rose Gameroom Show, York PA, Oct 9-10

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Played some Ghostbusters as well at the show. No balls thrown SDTM. A well setup machine is tough but fair. I wish GB had the color LCD like Aerosmith and Star Wars though. That’s my only complaint. Love the theme, layout and toys. The more I play it the more I like it. I also really like the new Aerosmith pin. Just wish it was Led Zep instead.

Last edited:

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Glad you guys had some fun at York. Beautiful, fall like, weekend too. It usually rains as we all know. I didn’t go this year. Didn’t feel like the drive and just not in the market for a new pin. Funny thing is, though I attend Allentown every year, I’ve always been more likely to come home with a pin from York. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Glad you guys had some fun at York. Beautiful, fall like, weekend too. It usually rains as we all know. I didn’t go this year. Didn’t feel like the drive and just not in the market for a new pin. Funny thing is, though I attend Allentown every year, I’ve always been more likely to come home with a pin from York. :rolleyes:

There was some good stuff, but prices are going crazy. $2k+ for a decent condition early-80s SS, and some good condition EMs going for $1500+. (I'd never buy a multiplayer EM; I've seen the mess of cables inside those backboxes, not going there.)

Getting to the point where I am seriously considering buying NITB, if I ever become an owner.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I’m no expert in pin repair but I’ve done work across a variety of types. All in all I’ve found the “easiest” machines to work on are the 70’s single player Gottlieb EM’s. I had always been afraid of EM’s but once you understand them, they’re pretty easy to restore. I did do one 4 player Gottlieb and I’ll never do one again. It wasn’t hard to repair. It’s just so time consuming with all the score reels and the player stepper. Not to mention a multiplayer EM is going to have less features than a single player. Also, the back box weighs a ton with all the metal in it.

It really seems that the “bargains” are pretty much just the poopy EMs anymore. That’s always been the case but there used to be some solid states in there too. Seems like anything with circuit boards in it is going up in price. Even though I’ve taken a break from this hobby, I looked long and hard at the flea market $600.00 Stern Galaxy at Allentown earlier this year. It was missing some posts (who cares!) but had a nice playfield , back glass and cabinet. Galaxy is a good game and would have been cool to play around with the lighting but, I’m rambling now. Pinball prices are going nowhere but up it seems.

Last edited:

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
If you want the big color DMD (and you want the big color DMD), it'll set you back $8k. Still a grand cheaper than an entry-level Dialed In! I still want my Ghostbusters Premium for the basement....

If I had the money I'd lean more towards AFM out of the three, haven't played GB all that much, maybe twice in the wild and about 5 times with SPA. As for DI, haven't seen much of it. Yes I would want the big color DMD.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts