White Rose Gameroom Show, York PA, Oct 9-10

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
I always end up going to Wendys, so if there's a burrito place close by I'd go for that as an alternative.

Not like Allentown where it's right next door to the big indoor farmer's market.
Looks like there is one close by possibly within walking distance, called Roburrito's.

The farmers market in Allentown is awesome, as far as farmers markets go.
Daughter loves the milkshakes there.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
3af6a8cfe57da7a878d5763a35678220.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Lovely to meet John and his family today. And always a pleasure to see Eldar as well. Thanks for taking the time to chat a bit today. Was great seeing you guys.
John, how was that burrito joint?

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Lovely to meet John and his family today. And always a pleasure to see Eldar as well. Thanks for taking the time to chat a bit today. Was great seeing you guys.
John, how was that burrito joint?

Same here, would of liked to have had more time chatting and maybe have played a few tables together.

Burrito place was fantastic, saw Eldar there as he was finishing up his lunch.

Maybe sometime we could meet up at the Pinball Gallery in Malvern.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I was there today from 10 till about 1. Shame about the rain for the outside guys. I grabbed the project Centaur against the wall near the Critical Mass at the start of the show. I've wanted one of these for a LONG time. It was nice to see the Target Pool I fixed last summer still working good in the free play area. :)

photo hosting

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Congrats man! Know you've been looking for one for a couple of years. If you have time, start a thread and let us see your progress on that little honey.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Congrats man! Know you've been looking for one for a couple of years. If you have time, start a thread and let us see your progress on that little honey.

I will. She needs some work, including a solenoid driver board which was missing. But, the back glass is excellent and the playfield will clean up well without having to replace it. The boards will be pricey as I'll need to get Altek lamp driver boards to use LED"s and I'll probably get a new plastics set as the old ones are yellowed and the Queen's Chamber one is a little warped. I picked it up for a decent price considering how much some of these early Bally solid state games are going for so I don't mind sinking the money in since I have NO plans on selling it. It's really getting hard to find project games that haven't been touched anymore. Especially popular titles.

First, I have to finish a 1940 Stoner Brite Spot. What the heck is that? A flipperless game that my dad sold to an antique shop and the buyer was willing to pay a lot to have it fixed. I really didn't want to do it as there are NO references out there and NO spare parts. But the playfield is nice and the back glass had very little wear so I took the project on. I'm almost done and getting my Centaur will push me to finishing it at least.

BTW. I didn't read this thread before going but I think I saw you. Brown and yellow Pinball Podcast shirt around noon time near the Mayfair Amusements stand (guy with all the back glasses). Talking to two other guys? I only noticed because I have the same shirt.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
That was me alright. I was with a couple of guys I work with. We all played hookey.
Never heard of a Stoner Bright Spot. I'll have to look it up on IPDB.
Centaur sounds like a big job. But I'm sure you will give it the love it deserves. I look forward to hearing about your progress. Best of luck on it.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The York pin show is coming up again on Sept 29th and 30th, 2017. I will be there on Friday as usual.
Just heard on Pinside that Total Nuclear Annihilation will be there. Looking forward to playing that one. :)

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
So far waited 20 minutes to get on Dialed In, which was one guy playing his last ball! So my first ever game I score 1M+ and somehow get 4 EBs?! Set up easy or what.

Not impressed with Star Wars, gotta say.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Was there a lot of tables at the York Show? Wasn't able to get down this year. Saw some pics from the show and I think EldarOfSuburbia was in one of them.

Were you wearing a Jaws t shirt Eldar?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Was there a lot of tables at the York Show? Wasn't able to get down this year. Saw some pics from the show and I think EldarOfSuburbia was in one of them.

Were you wearing a Jaws t shirt Eldar?
Yep. Darn caught out ;)

Decent selection, plenty of new tables including Star Wars (Pro and Premium... neither of which did much for me), Dialed In (finally got to play it), and Total Nuclear Annihilation, which had long lines all day but is a very simple table that looks fun to play.

Also there was the AFM Remake, the Special and LE editions have massive color DMDs with the animations redone in color, looks spectacular.

Main floor was the usual mixed bag, a decent enough 8BD going for $2100(!), seemed to be far more 80s pins in the mix.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Yep. Darn caught out ;)

Decent selection, plenty of new tables including Star Wars (Pro and Premium... neither of which did much for me), Dialed In (finally got to play it), and Total Nuclear Annihilation, which had long lines all day but is a very simple table that looks fun to play.

Also there was the AFM Remake, the Special and LE editions have massive color DMDs with the animations redone in color, looks spectacular.

Main floor was the usual mixed bag, a decent enough 8BD going for $2100(!), seemed to be far more 80s pins in the mix.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Sounds like you had fun, haven't played any of those yet. I'm sure the AFM, is going for a good amount. Were there less Bingo machines this year?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Sounds like you had fun, haven't played any of those yet. I'm sure the AFM, is going for a good amount. Were there less Bingo machines this year?

There was a bingo row again. Always seemed busy. I don’t think as many bingos as last year though. Agree with Eldar on Star Wars, didn’t impress me at all.

Total Nuclear Annihilation was very cool. Lights and sound were top notch. Game play was fast and fun. Worth the wait in line to play it.

AFM remake is actually better than the original. The new color screen is beautiful. My wife and I both loved it.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014

If you want the big color DMD (and you want the big color DMD), it'll set you back $8k. Still a grand cheaper than an entry-level Dialed In! I still want my Ghostbusters Premium for the basement....

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts