Wife Gave Me The Green Light!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Found a good deal on a Circus widebody and hopefully getting it delivered tomorrow! The playfield looks pretty good, and I dig the drop targets and the roto target, and I love the artwork. It sounds like the far right flipper is a bit weak, but everything works. It's a couple hours away so I can't test it personally, but regardless I think it's a good deal for a working pin (only $600).

I loved the widebodies I played at the Arcade Expo. They have such a majestic feel to them.

The pic is dim, blurry, and has a ton of glare, but it looks to be in fairly good shape:

bIH9cVM.jpg

Last edited:

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Congratulations Jeff that is awesome! Drop targets a spinner AND a roto looks awesome. This one caught my eye in the past they did a great job on the art. Hopefully you can post some gameplay soon :)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Awesome dude! That the same era as Genie? I say anytime you can pick up a working machine for that price it's a good deal. You should buy some Mario legs to put on it so you can see it better from the chair :D

BStarfire

Jan 9, 2013
Congrats, Jeff. I think that's a good one. I missed out on a Roller Disco (system 1 widebody) and a Buccaneer! At the time I hadn't played Buc but after the positive comments about it from you and Kolchak, I gave it some time and love it.

Now you have an Ed Krynski Gottlieb. Congratulations again and enjoy.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Thanks dudes!
[MENTION=134]shutyertrap[/MENTION] it is indeed from the same era as Genie. It's one of the few "extra" widebodies (3 inches wider than a standard widebody). Without playing it yet, I like the look of this layout better than Genie though since it's more open and traditional around the bottom flippers.

My new wheelchair has a hydraulic lift so it can actually raise up a few feet so I'm all set. :cool:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Thanks dudes!
[MENTION=134]shutyertrap[/MENTION] it is indeed from the same era as Genie. It's one of the few "extra" widebodies (3 inches wider than a standard widebody). Without playing it yet, I like the look of this layout better than Genie though since it's more open and traditional around the bottom flippers.

My new wheelchair has a hydraulic lift so it can actually raise up a few feet so I'm all set. :cool:

Too cool. By the way, isn't it about time you changed your profile location?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I like this review from pinside:

This is one of the TOP outstanding Gottlieb System 80 games.
The "Cirqus Voltaire" of the 1980s.
Challenging, beautiful, AND fun.
Playfield layout is outstanding with a multitude of different shots to practice and achieve.
Rotary target at the top left corner is the pinnacle of the scoring.
Backglass and playfield artwork is beautiful.
Cabinet artwork is average.
Ruleset, sounds, and background music is typical of the period, but not annoying not some early SS machines.
The machine is a fantastic partner for Gottlieb Genie.
The only real negative I can find about this game is its low production.
It is very rare now to find one it superb condition outside of a collector's home.

Deserves to be remade.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I think I played this at Arcade Expo now that I think of it. Monstrously wide!

Right? I think it's like 30 inches from what I've read! So many cool shots though. I'll see how she plays and if it's too slow I can always do some tinkering, eh? So far, I've enjoyed every widebody I've played, and this one just has such a cool layout and art, I had to get it!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
There were a couple EM's I was considering, but when I saw this SS beauty, I couldn't resist! I'm sure my wife will love the scantly clad chicks plastered all over it, too. :D

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Little does she know, I'm planning to add more pins in the not-so-distant future, lol. They're like potato chips; one just ain't enough!

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Congrats Jeff! Looks like a real find, maybe put a Haunted House and Black Hole next to it, so you get 3x widebodies in a row..... :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts