Wife Gave Me The Green Light!

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Jeff, you don't know how really happy I am for you. Circus looks like a machine that has all the classic Gottlieb features that you like in a machine, me too. I think it should be in the next season of TPA. What pinball EM did your family have when you were a kid?

I am also very happy about your new chair. If I ever win the lotto big, you're getting one that climbs stairs and let you stand almost straight up for you to play pinball. Think of you every time I see one of those chairs. Again congrats, I'm glad it all came together for a nice person like you. :D

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Jeff, you don't know how really happy I am for you. Circus looks like a machine that has all the classic Gottlieb features that you like in a machine, me too. I think it should be in the next season of TPA. What pinball EM did your family have when you were a kid?

I am also very happy about your new chair. If I ever win the lotto big, you're getting one that climbs stairs and let you stand almost straight up for you to play pinball. Think of you every time I see one of those chairs. Again congrats, I'm glad it all came together for a nice person like you. :D

Thank you so much Frank! You are a true friend. :)

We had a William's Alpine Club from 1965. It had a little mountain climber on the backglass that would climb higher as the game went on. Really fun pin. I've only seen 2 since then and both weren't working. I hope to play it again someday, maybe even own one again if the stars align.

wolfson

May 24, 2013

Frank = Philotimo :cool:

karl

May 10, 2012
Group hug :cool:

I am not too good at expressing myself. But Frank said just what I felt, so no need :D

Reading that Jeff finally got his first machine made my day. He has always, from the very beginnings of this forum, been an ambassador of feelgood for me, with his laid back, easygoing, funny and cool posts.

And hearing that it will be even more enjoyable and easier to play, with the new chair, made my year.

Hope you will get many more machines, Jeff.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Right on, Karl. So many good vibes in this thread. Pretty cool that I've made so many great friends through a pinball video game. :cool:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Got the flippers back up to full strength and the playfield cleaned and waxed so it's much smoother now. Replaced a couple lamps too and tuned up the drop targets. Still no sound though. Also, for some reason the main dip switches aren't working at all, so not sure what's up with that?

At least the gameplay itself is very smooth. I'll have to see if I can get the Mrs. to hold a camera so I can get a video of some gameplay.

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
hey rock! nice interim tune-up at least... been seeing your posts and sending good vibes your way for a great rl table to play with! :) lol, only pb i ever had was, like plastic... and way undersized... and came from sears i think, back in like 73/74... ;) toy for xmas as a little kid. was nice at the time lol, but not quite the same thing! (anybody know what i'm talking about, i'd love to see a google-image of one of them, i might recognize it... it didn't last long; either i tore it up playing it, or more probably, eventually took it apart trying to figure out how it worked... i was growing up in those "radio shack kit" days of things back then; not ever really got that good at it. wish i did!)

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Well, since dropping off of FB I don't get regular updates on you and Heretic. This is great news. I'm hoping to be able to convince my gf to let me get one someday, hopefully a Royal Flush since my favorite machines are now part of tpa and probably way out of my price range.

Then we can be Gottlieb brothers woo hoo!

That new chair sounds like a godsend too. Hopefully this is the first of many.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
hey rock! nice interim tune-up at least... been seeing your posts and sending good vibes your way for a great rl table to play with! :) lol, only pb i ever had was, like plastic... and way undersized... and came from sears i think, back in like 73/74... ;) toy for xmas as a little kid. was nice at the time lol, but not quite the same thing! (anybody know what i'm talking about, i'd love to see a google-image of one of them, i might recognize it... it didn't last long; either i tore it up playing it, or more probably, eventually took it apart trying to figure out how it worked... i was growing up in those "radio shack kit" days of things back then; not ever really got that good at it. wish i did!)

Well, since dropping off of FB I don't get regular updates on you and Heretic. This is great news. I'm hoping to be able to convince my gf to let me get one someday, hopefully a Royal Flush since my favorite machines are now part of tpa and probably way out of my price range.

Then we can be Gottlieb brothers woo hoo!

That new chair sounds like a godsend too. Hopefully this is the first of many.

Right on dudes.
[MENTION=341]superballs[/MENTION] Royal Flush would be amazing man. Gottlieb brothers haha. Yeah I haven't been posting on Facebook lately myself. Kind of enjoying my privacy for a change. :D

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Right on dudes.
[MENTION=341]superballs[/MENTION] Royal Flush would be amazing man. Gottlieb brothers haha. Yeah I haven't been posting on Facebook lately myself. Kind of enjoying my privacy for a change. :D

Even though I definitely miss some people, leaving Fb has been the best thing I've done in a long time.
When I'm with friends we actually have something to talk about since we're not constantly updated on everything and whatnot.

Unfortunately it was the only way for me to communicate with a few people but that's life.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Still trying to figure out why the dip switches aren't working, as well as the sound. Had one guy take a look at it, but he wasn't entirely sure either. Ordered the manual and schematic so he's going to take another look once I get that.

In the meantime, everything on the playfield side of things is working great, so it's not slowing me down much.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I hope someone turns up to give a helping hand.in the meantime keep enjoying yourself with Circus !!!! 2 weeks tomorrow I`ll be roaming the streets of Surfers on Horizon 3.:cool:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Or just get the generic movie pinball sound (the chimes that all movie DMD machines make) and play them on a loud stereo when you play.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
It appears that one of the chips is bad on the control board, which is why the dip swithces and sound aren't working. It's hard to find that one chip for sale, so I might have to buy a new board, but they're out of stock everywhere. However, another option: there's a French guy who makes all-in-one boards for System 80, which is the CPU, driver and power supply boards on a single board. Problem is it's kind of expensive so I'll have to save up a bit. Seems like it would be worth it to get this all-in-one board to avoid old board-related headaches down the road as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts