Wife Gave Me The Green Light!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Congrats Jeff! Looks like a real find, maybe put a Haunted House and Black Hole next to it, so you get 3x widebodies in a row..... :)

Ohh, I like the way you think! Paragon and Black Hole would be the dream.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Ohh, I like the way you think! Paragon and Black Hole would be the dream.

:) Paragon is quite the popular table around here. I only saw a Bowen Kerrins tutorial of it, and it looked a whole lot like EBD in terms of gameplay and depth. Target shooting, going for an early carry-over bonus, maxing out the X-bonus etc.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
good onya Jeff,you bloody little bewdy !!!I`m very very happy for you.i hope you let your better half have a game,hehe !!!!your allowed to hog it for a couple of days,after that you gotta share the table !!!:cool::cool::cool:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Congrats on the pin Jeff. Should be a fun one to own. I always loved roto targets. Wish we saw them around more today.
So glad to hear you were able to get a W/C that rises. I see many different models in my work and they are a real game changer. The first time I saw the type that can climb stairs I was blow away. W/C innovations have added so much independence to people's lives. So I wish you the very best with you new W/C and your new Gottlieb pin.

Edited for spelling

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
You guys are the best! Well, it should be here in about an hour so I'll let you know how it goes. It definitely feels like Christmas morning. :)

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
Congrats Jeff on your purchase. I got my first one in 2010 after longing and lusting for one for 15 years, and have never looked back.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I just got it! It plays quite well with just the far right flipper being weak. No sound for some reason though so not sure if it's just turned off maybe? The guy who sold it to me really didn't know anything about it, so he wasn't able to help. I'm just thrilled to have a pin again! (haven't had one since the EM my family had when I was a kid).

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
have fun with the new toy man, if the flipper and mpu are fooked thats just a bonus. playing is now just a side effect heh but i say play away until the flipper makes it untenable old skool arcade style lol to tinker or play that is the question.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
have fun with the new toy man, if the flipper and mpu are fooked thats just a bonus. playing is now just a side effect heh but i say play away until the flipper makes it untenable old skool arcade style lol to tinker or play that is the question.

I should have chosen 'play' over 'tinker' with my machine. One day, one day.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Found a good deal on a Circus widebody and hopefully getting it delivered tomorrow! The playfield looks pretty good, and I dig the drop targets and the roto target, and I love the artwork. It sounds like the far right flipper is a bit weak, but everything works. It's a couple hours away so I can't test it personally, but regardless I think it's a good deal for a working pin (only $600).

I loved the widebodies I played at the Arcade Expo. They have such a majestic feel to them.

The pic is dim, blurry, and has a ton of glare, but it looks to be in fairly good shape:

bIH9cVM.jpg
Very nice one, mate.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Jeff,we are 2 happy little boys !!!!you got a great pinnie in Circus,i got Assetta Corsa on PS4 !!! I`ll tell ya wot,you beat me hands down every day of the year with Circus.:cool: may you and your family and friends have many hours and years of fun !!!! :cool::cool::cool:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Thanks dudes! I'm loving the hell out of it, despite the sound not working and the weak flipper. Can't wait till I get it spruced up a bit. I actually like the aged look of the cab and backglass so I'm not going to bother sinking a ton of cash into it. My wife actually prefers the old look too which is a relief for me; I was worried she might think it's an eyesore since I put it in our dining room! :D

So far the lion spinner is my favorite shot, but there are so many satisfying shots, which is the beauty of the extra widebody.

Last edited:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
annies a bloody saint lol still if she has some co workers around itll be a very intresting decoration. glad your enjoying it man

karl

May 10, 2012
Late to the party. (Somehow I missed this thread)

Wow! Your first pin. Now, how cool is that. And what a great choice.

I always thought that circus was one of the best looking gottlieb machines. Sounds like a good deal, also. I have never played one in real life(pretty rare to fine one) but I love the layout.

Enjoy the hell out of it.

There will always be a few things to tinker with when you get old machines like this, but it sounds like you have been pretty lucky. Sound problems is very common. It usually is one or more capacitors that needs to be replaced but it could also be the sound rom (not so often)

Here you have a few handy links (just don't go too wild:D )

https://ksarcade.net/ (this is a great place to find capacitors and boards for everything old)

http://www.pbresource.com/index.html (great place for common Gottlieb parts)

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/778 (the biggest pinball parts shop)

I guess that new chair opens up a whole new world for you, Jeff. Time to go wild :D

I am really happy for you, dude!

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Thanks!
[MENTION=465]karl[/MENTION] the handy links are much appreciated man. My family used to have an EM when I was a kid, but the thing was such a tank that we never really had to do much work on it, so I'm a novice when it comes to servicing pins. I think I might have a repair guy come out and help me to start out with so I don't screw anything up! It really shouldn't cost too much and maybe I can become friends with him and that sort of thing. It looks like there are a couple solid repair guys in the area to choose from, so I'll see how it goes.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts