Williams' Collection Volume 3 guesses

timxtr

Jan 28, 2015
I'd like some tables other than those in TPA largely for variety. Zen's done a great job on their versions, but the replay-ability is diminished somewhat. Fire! Fire!, Bad Cats, Gilligans Island, some new Sterns & Jersey Jack's come to my mind.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'd like some tables other than those in TPA largely for variety. Zen's done a great job on their versions, but the replay-ability is diminished somewhat. Fire! Fire!, Bad Cats, Gilligans Island, some new Sterns & Jersey Jack's come to my mind.

You do realize FarSight still has the Stern license, and nobody has the JJP one? I think we’ll start seeing new to everyone tables in Volume 4.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Yeah yeah yeah how about some tables not in TPA!!!!!

That is a noble idea. I have some personal faves that never made it to TPA as well. But if we're getting tables that were already in TPA, we should get the earlier TPA Bally/Williams tables first. Those IMO need touch-ups the most. Attack From Mars and Medieval Madness are great in PFX3 and look much better than the TPA versions, even without true AFM "Strobe Multiball".

What I'd like to see in the next pack:

Monster Bash-I think this one could use the PFX3 texture treatment.
White Water-same as above.
Jack*Bot-Pin*Bot and Bride are alphanumeric-not sure if Zen will touch them. (Key words are "not sure" by the way)

If not Jack*Bot, I'd gladly settle for Red and Ted's Road Show.

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
Monster Bash is in my opinion the table that would benefit most by getting a ZEN Version, ´cause it simply looks awful in TPA compared to other tables. And we would get Dracula and Frankenstein optional animated on the table. Not to mention the better physics. So, it´s my first choice.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
I think we’ll start seeing new to everyone tables in Volume 4.

Hear, hear. Part of my excitement about Zen getting in the "real" pinball business was hoping for a continuation and seeing some new-to-digital pinball machines. So far (Vol. 1-3) it looks like the "mine's better than yours" show. That's a win for us, as we get great pinball machines in the PFX3 physics/graphics version, but not a big win as we've already played them to death. So it's a bit like upgrading your VHS star wars collection (TPA PS3) to DVD (TPA PS4/STEAM) to Bluray (PFX3). Looks better, sounds better, but still the same movies.

EDIT: Zen, if you're reading, "Jive Time" counts as 'already seen'. :)

Last edited:

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
Monster Bash is in my opinion the table that would benefit most by getting a ZEN Version, ´cause it simply looks awful in TPA compared to other tables. And we would get Dracula and Frankenstein optional animated on the table. Not to mention the better physics. So, it´s my first choice.

Definitely agree with this. I had a chance to play a real Monster Bash on location last week, and I was constantly seeing things that are undetectable or just hard to make out on the TPA version. For instance, when you hit the Creature sinkhole, a little mini 3d creature (a la CftBL) lights up under the playfield. This is one of the best tables of all time, would be great to have a 2019 Zen remake.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Jack*Bot is a DMD, although it's the last in the series...

Welcome to the boards! Just to clarify (not sure if I was not clear or it was misread-that'll happen), but that's why I was suggesting Jack*Bot, and then pointed out the other two in the series are alphanumeric.

Come to think of it, TOTAN and No Good Gofers would also be viable candidates for the Zen treatment. Both could use re-draws and the new physics would serve both well. These were "marathon session" tables in TPA in my opinion.
I'm glad to hear that Zen's Williams packs are selling well so far.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
If we're going an "A" table, and two "lesser" tables, I think:
ToM
NGG
Hurricane

I expect somewhere down the line we get a MB+CftBL double pack, as has been suggested elsewhere (since both fall under the Universal Monsters license).

And probably an Elvira double-pack.

If you look at Zen's history, they don't mix-and-match licensed tables in the same pack (so no Star Wars vs Aliens tables...!). I expect this to continue with their Williams tables.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
If we're going an "A" table, and two "lesser" tables, I think:
ToM
NGG
Hurricane

I expect somewhere down the line we get a MB+CftBL double pack, as has been suggested elsewhere (since both fall under the Universal Monsters license).

And probably an Elvira double-pack.

If you look at Zen's history, they don't mix-and-match licensed tables in the same pack (so no Star Wars vs Aliens tables...!). I expect this to continue with their Williams tables.

It occurred to me last night that a Comet/Cyclone/Hurricane pack is definitely a possibility with Zen. Although there's arguably not a real AAA title there in that pack. But those three would all be fun to play for tournaments, etc. and it would get us something not in TPA.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
Maybe it's just me coming to pinball later in life, and primarily through TPA, but I think of NGG as a "triple A" game, one that could anchor a pack.

The TPA version of this game is decent, but suffers from a lot of the Season 1 issues of being tuned too easy and being a bit floaty. Plus it has lots of clear plastics, which don't look all that great in TPA, at least on Android. I'd really love to have a Zen version.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
This is something we mentioned in the podcast as well. The way Zen could throw convincing light reflections on the plastics would totally reignite my love of this game.

Just imagine what they could do with the two Gophers on this game.
Maybe it's just me coming to pinball later in life, and primarily through TPA, but I think of NGG as a "triple A" game, one that could anchor a pack.

The TPA version of this game is decent, but suffers from a lot of the Season 1 issues of being tuned too easy and being a bit floaty. Plus it has lots of clear plastics, which don't look all that great in TPA, at least on Android. I'd really love to have a Zen version.

blkhwks19

Jan 13, 2018
Welcome to the boards! Just to clarify (not sure if I was not clear or it was misread-that'll happen), but that's why I was suggesting Jack*Bot, and then pointed out the other two in the series are alphanumeric

Gotcha! Just went back and re-read and I see what you meant now. My bad!

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I think for Volume 3, it’s going to be a John Popaduik 3 collection. Tales Of The Arabian Nights, Theatre Of Magic, and Circus Voltaire. Those are my final Answer.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I think for Volume 3, it’s going to be a John Popaduik 3 collection. Tales Of The Arabian Nights, Theatre Of Magic, and Circus Voltaire. Those are my final Answer.

And all three of those could also use the Zen treatment. They're all early-season 1 tables in TPA and could really benefit from modern texture touch-ups. I'm told CV was a real bear for FarSight to put into TPA. While they did an honorable job with that, I'd love to see what Zen can do with it.

Members online

Members online