Theatre of Magic

But...
TOTAN
ToM
and CV sounds great too!

Happy Holidays!

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I’d love to see Congo, and The Shadow also. They said the Premium ones might be a little while down the road, but not to long, Johnny Mnemonic and Indiana Jones: Pinball Adventure would be really Awesome Games also. I have so many that weren’t in Farsight that I want really bad, Demolition Man anyone.

blkhwks19

Jan 13, 2018
I’d love to see Congo, and The Shadow also. They said the Premium ones might be a little while down the road, but not to long, Johnny Mnemonic and Indiana Jones: Pinball Adventure would be really Awesome Games also. I have so many that weren’t in Farsight that I want really bad, Demolition Man anyone.

Totally agree, all of those are awesome games. Even getting one or two would be fantastic!

Pbowl

Dec 6, 2018
For those that have a cabinet running this and vpx..in4k. will any of these take the place of a really well made vpx version? Or do you still like to play both.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
There are going to be some original tables released in the first part of the year, which I’m guessing to be February. I don’t know if that takes up a Williams spot, but if it does then I’d guess Volume 3 for April or May.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
thnx trap. was hoping for one volume a month, but that is not to be, sounds like. :(

I was surprised Volume 2 came as quick as it did. Zen has typically put out 12-14 tables a year, usually over the course of 4 releases. Use that as your baseline for what to expect.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
I was surprised Volume 2 came as quick as it did. Zen has typically put out 12-14 tables a year, usually over the course of 4 releases. Use that as your baseline for what to expect.

Given that, would you say that 9 or 12 Williams tables are the 2 most likely options for numbers of tables this year, with 10 also being a possibility if they release Indy + 2 originals in a 3 pack? (all after the pack of non-Williams tables you mentioned)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
That’s the logical assumption without having the benefit of a full year to compare against. We have no idea what will happen with licensed releases, no idea what happens when all the kinks are ironed out with the Williams stuff (mobile is being worked on, physics are still being tweaked, user feedback is still being processed, etc), and no idea how many Zen originals are in the pipeline other than what was mentioned for the start of the year. Nothing is gospel yet, so I can only guess based on their past history.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Triple Strike!

Triple Strike!

Triple Strike!

Triple Strike!

Triple Strike!

Triple Strike!

Triple Strike!

Triple Strike!

Oh god please someone release Triple Strike!

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
That’s the logical assumption without having the benefit of a full year to compare against. We have no idea what will happen with licensed releases, no idea what happens when all the kinks are ironed out with the Williams stuff (mobile is being worked on, physics are still being tweaked, user feedback is still being processed, etc), and no idea how many Zen originals are in the pipeline other than what was mentioned for the start of the year. Nothing is gospel yet, so I can only guess based on their past history.

Thanks for the answers, man I am so looking forward to the next table pack :D

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
This is flat out wrong for me to even say this. It's off topic and far fetched so I apologize. But now that we know what they are doing with Williams/Bally, can y'all imagine what Zen could do with Ripley's, Harley, and AC/DC? I mean, like, I am assuming they will hit all the good Williams and Ballys, even the Solid States. So, this is not THAT much of a pipe dream then, is it? Is Stern gonna stick with Farsight, or maybe try to seek something out like Williams/Bally did? I mean most real pinball fans are seriously digging what they did wit this at Zen, to the point of probably leaving TPA in their proverbial rear view mirror. Stern could be seeking them out to resell their best tables to all of us again :)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
This is flat out wrong for me to even say this. It's off topic and far fetched so I apologize. But now that we know what they are doing with Williams/Bally, can y'all imagine what Zen could do with Ripley's, Harley, and AC/DC? I mean, like, I am assuming they will hit all the good Williams and Ballys, even the Solid States. So, this is not THAT much of a pipe dream then, is it? Is Stern gonna stick with Farsight, or maybe try to seek something out like Williams/Bally did? I mean most real pinball fans are seriously digging what they did wit this at Zen, to the point of probably leaving TPA in their proverbial rear view mirror. Stern could be seeking them out to resell their best tables to all of us again :)

You’re not thinking big enough. Imagine what they could do with Metallica, Game of Thrones, Batman ‘66. We already know what they can do with Deadpool, GotG, and Star Wars on their own, but with video display? Yep, sweet!

So no, you’re not speaking out of turn, nor are you being greedy for recognizing Zen and their talents. I’m sure Stern has taken notice too, but there is the reality that Zen paid big bucks for the WMS license and they need to earn that back in a timely fashion. Taking on Stern right now would only hinder a quick return on investment while taking on another to boot. That being said, I believe the writing is on the wall and Stern to Zen is not an if, just a when.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
You’re not thinking big enough. Imagine what they could do with Metallica, Game of Thrones, Batman ‘66. We already know what they can do with Deadpool, GotG, and Star Wars on their own, but with video display? Yep, sweet!

So no, you’re not speaking out of turn, nor are you being greedy for recognizing Zen and their talents. I’m sure Stern has taken notice too, but there is the reality that Zen paid big bucks for the WMS license and they need to earn that back in a timely fashion. Taking on Stern right now would only hinder a quick return on investment while taking on another to boot. That being said, I believe the writing is on the wall and Stern to Zen is not an if, just a when.

Good points. Gotta make that ROI. Zen did take sort of a chance by buying up that license, because these tables had been on TPA a long time. And while they were still selling, they peaked ages ago. Pinball fans already had these tables to play and most owned 'em. So Zen felt that they would sell again to the crowd. Probably for two reasons 1) We can make them play/look better, and 2) our platfiorm and backend in FX3 makes for a much superior pinball experience. They were right, we're all buying the Zen versions without hesitation and awaiting each new release. And I had a few friends on xbox that are loving the real tables but had NEVER played TPA, only Zen... like you said above. So right now, Zen can't lose. They simply cant lose! And while Citizen is probably right about Harley, well, I have always been addicted to Ripley's and even a Gottlieb or two (Victory, Flight 2000). And would like to see those "regular" new originals they promised too.

Members online

Members online