Zaccaria Pinball - update v2.7

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Adjusting those take time. Lots of testing on each table to see what works best. Might take him a week to settle on what feels right.

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
Why do I always learn about these updates when I'm at work? Managed to play a few games with the ipad held under my desk, tho. Waaay better aim with the flippers. Can't wait to get some quality time later.

I haven't played anything but Z-pinball the past week or so. Didn't think I'd ever go so long without a taking my regular beating from Big Shot.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I've noticed on a couple of tables the spinner is much less active. For example Zankor. I had more than a few shots go through the spinner without it turning at all. Anyone else seeing this?

haj

Sep 28, 2012
Playing awhile more and physics is indeed much nicer now. Only, on my iPad it sometimes gets too fast, when the ball gets accelerated by multiple hits to bumper etc. The ball gets suddenly unnaturally fast. This behavior was seen on the previous version but now it's sort of boosted for overall ball speed gain. I hope to be tweaked this behavior and if it's not hard task, let's tweak the ball sound as well for a heavier ball :cool: Great pinball app!

night

May 18, 2012
I am in an extremely busy period, so no time yet to sit down and start adjusting. But I have to say, with the new physics you really can't go wrong. My old settings where (in my opinion) the best I could get out of it. Last night I was playing Shooting the Rapids just with the Arcade settings... wow, so spectacular! It all boils down to start with duplicate the Arcade settings in the custom settings and tweak some behaviors down, and some up. I think overall the Arcade settings on all tables are a bit too overhyped, and like 'haj' said the ball gets unnaturally fast sometimes, so this needs a tone-down. And I am so happy with the bounce I would crank it up a bit. When I have some spare time I'll dive into it, but if anyone finds some interesting settings; share!

Last edited:

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
To Zsolt, when playing in one of my own created camera presets i notice that this one gets reset to the default preset everytime i select a different table to play.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Hi Zsolt when the graphics settings are selected it would be nice to have a view of the whole table instead of a snapshot of the current playing cameraview,

for instance when i hit the settings button when the camera is pointing at the plunger area this view remains in this postion when graphics mode is selected.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
My Icade mobile no longer works on this app. I really want to play, please fix this asap Zsolt! *edit* Just tried TPA, it still works with the bluetooth controller, seems the issue is only with Zaccaria. Anyone have any idea how yo get it to work? Anyone experiencing the same issue? This phone is too small to play on by itself and the anticipation is killing me!

Icade core not working with zzz on my iPad air - ran TPA and icade was clicking flippers fine. Tried the icade with my old ipad2 which had the last version of zac - and it still worked - must of broke in the new update. i submitted a bug report and hope they can fix this quick quick - super fun with buttons!

Vinc3Has3

May 11, 2013
Love the updated physics, excited for the inclusion of more tables - think the ball-by-ball recap of your scoring after you finish the game is GENIUS!

Not loving the new pinball menu. When I heard it would be updated, I was hoping for the ability to pick favorites, or have them in an alternate order (perhaps by year of release) - cramming them all onto one page was not expected. Since I like to play on my ipad in landscape mode - this makes the grouping ridiculously small and, believe it or not, harder to "navigate" than when they were on individual pages. Were people not happy with the page system? I thought it was just fine.

If you feel they must be on one page, how about a scrolling page? - you could leave the icons at their older, larger, size and flick up or down to see everything.

Or maybe just put it back the way it was? :)

night

May 18, 2012
I agree too, old menu was better, tiles where bigger so you could read the names and see the artwork.
I do like the startup time of the tables and the score overview after a game, very well done. This is so much better than the abrupt ending we had.

About the custom menu with the sliders; it is hard to choose a certain number when you slide by hand, it's kind of a hit or miss. What about making the + and - active, so you could tab on it for more precise adjustment?

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Yes i agree too the scrolling option sounds fine to me so that the icons can be bigger, on iphone 4 and iphone 5 its really to small.

night

May 18, 2012
Bug: physic setting switch is not stored in memory. Say you choose 'custom' and you restart the Zaccaria app, it's back in the Arcade position.

74-89

May 2, 2014
Interesting to note that 5 ball game is now the default, and that nobody has mentioned it. Am I the only one using 3 balls per game? I tried the 5 balls setting for about two days and then changed it back. As far as I know the only game we have that featured 3 or 5 adjustable was Winter Sports.

night

May 18, 2012
Interesting to note that 5 ball game is now the default, and that nobody has mentioned it. Am I the only one using 3 balls per game? I tried the 5 balls setting for about two days and then changed it back. As far as I know the only game we have that featured 3 or 5 adjustable was Winter Sports.

I have been playing in the 5 ball mode for all tables for some time now. I see a lot of photographs of real Zac tables that had a 5 ball card on it, so this must be an often used selling point. I like it, sets it apart from TPA.

night

May 18, 2012
I made some graphic adjustments to Mystic Star. The lights on the bumpers are overblown on the standard settings.

IMG_0361.jpg

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Thank you very much all of you for feedback, bugs, suggestions and opinions. Of course all issues will be fixed in the next update and all of your suggestion will take into consideration. As I see many of you doesn't like new menu, especially table selection screen. Yes, icons are too small on iPhone 4 and 5 that's why this screen will be changed for sure. We like that idea that icons should be bigger and the screen would be scrolling. Anyway layouts of landscape mode isn't final, for example icons on table selection screen will be arranged other way to use space of landscape mode better.

We are happy to see you like new physics engine. Of course some tweak is needed to be as perfect as possible. Anyway the next update is under development and should be send to Apple for review the beginning of the next week.

Thanks for your support!

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
I have been playing in the 5 ball mode for all tables for some time now. I see a lot of photographs of real Zac tables that had a 5 ball card on it, so this must be an often used selling point. I like it, sets it apart from TPA.
Almost all SS tables have a 5 ball choice. It depends on the operator which settings are used.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.