Zaccaria Pinball

Status
Not open for further replies.

night

May 18, 2012
There are some pretty obvious problems with the landscape support:

tmy0KNK.jpg

Here, by adjusting the volume, we can see that the system still thinks that we’re in portrait mode.

Also, the options menu is kind of a mess when you’re holding your device horizontally. It’s pretty unusable:

rL5QQ3B.png

Unless you’re going to do a completely different layout, you should probably just force everyone into portrait mode for this.

For 1.2, though, the thing that I’d like to see most would be Game Center support.

I don't have this issue, you are on the iPad2 as well, right? Or is this only with your iPhone?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Also, the options menu is kind of a mess when you’re holding your device horizontally. It’s pretty unusable:

rL5QQ3B.png

Unless you’re going to do a completely different layout, you should probably just force everyone into portrait mode for this.

I have to disagree with this. It looks and works fine on my ipad. I could see this might be small on a phone but you can use the menu in portrait and then when you start your game just turn your phone or itouch to landscape to play.

jhamdotme

Apr 14, 2012
I don't have this issue, you are on the iPad2 as well, right? Or is this only with your iPhone?

The images I posted are from an iPhone 5, but I just checked, and this rotation bug also exists on my iPad 2.

I have to disagree with this. It looks and works fine on my ipad. I could see this might be small on a phone but you can use the menu in portrait and then when you start your game just turn your phone or itouch to landscape to play.

On the iPad, it's less of an issue. But seriously, on an iPhone, this menu is unusable in landscape mode. The touch targets are tiny.

daduki

Feb 17, 2013
Zsolt, thank you very much for this great pinball.
One question about scores: do 3 balls and 5 balls mode / arcade-simulation have different leaderboards?
Do you plan to include (in the app or on the web site) the rule sheets for the tables?

Last edited:

jhamdotme

Apr 14, 2012
u8ube5us.jpg

Here's another image showing this rotation bug. I haven't rotated the screenshot, this is how it was captured. Also, look at the handle for Notification Center at the top.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Certainly looks like a bug to me too. Doesn't do this on an ipad 4. That sure needs to be fixed. They must test everything on an ipad 3 or 4 not to notice that.

jhamdotme

Apr 14, 2012
8eva8a7a.jpg

More rotation shenanigans on an iPhone. I was playing in landscape, and the entry of initials is still hard coded for portrait.

karl

May 10, 2012
Just have to say this. I am sorry if my first take on this App was a bit on the rude and sarcastic side.

The new update is a HUGE improvement. The graphics are better, the physics are better and it show that the company is serious about this App.

There is still room for improvement and some bug fixes, but I have to say I have regained faith in this project and I will buy the new table and probably future additions also, something I never thought I would do after the first release.

Keep up the good work

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Just have to say this. I am sorry if my first take on this App was a bit on the rude and sarcastic side.

The new update is a HUGE improvement. The graphics are better, the physics are better and it show that the company is serious about this App.

There is still room for improvement and some bug fixes, but I have to say I have regained faith in this project and I will buy the new table and probably future additions also, something I never thought I would do after the first release.

Keep up the good work

+1

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Played Time Machine for a while tonight. The quality was very good and it was enough to get me to open my wallet and drop 35 dollars on the gold package.

You guys were right. Night mode looks great. Really looking forward to new tables and further improvements in the physics.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Wow! I'm really enjoying this app. One thing I'd like to see is some rules for each of the tables. Since these pins aren't as complex in rulsets as newer one's are, maybe just a reprint of the rule card may suffice. Or, being able to zoom in on it during play?

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Yes, there will be Game Center support. I hope it will be in the next update.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Zsolt, thank you very much for this great pinball.
One question about scores: do 3 balls and 5 balls mode / arcade-simulation have different leaderboards?
Do you plan to include (in the app or on the web site) the rule sheets for the tables?

Different leaderboards should be great, but it can't be different because Game Center supports 25 leaderboards per app, and there will be 27 tables in Zaccaria Pinball. So it seems like 2 tables will not have leaderboard or 2-2 tables will have the same leaderboard. Or we develop an own leaderboard later that could arrange the board by ball numbers, modes, etc. We will see.

Yes, there will be instruction card in the app and rulesheets on the facebook.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I ran into a bug today on the motocross game (it's name escapes me), where the bonus ball time ran out but I was still able to keep it in play past the timer. It may not be a bug (or a bug of the original firmware) but I'm just pointing it out :) Otherwise, I'm REALLY impressed with this game. Already purchased the Gold IAP :D

A quick suggestion/idea though: The night mode on one of the tables (I can't remember which one) is a fair bit darker than the others. Is that deliberate (because the table doesn't seem to have that much lighting) or is it something that needs to be tweaked? On the other tables, the outer metal brackets were still silver but this was a dark blue.

And a quick question: Are these tables using emulation for the ROM sounds and behaviour, or are they scripted? Just curious.

PS. Farsight guys, if you're reading this... ASK have got the sound done right for pinball! Everything sounds meaty and with impact. This is what I hope Pinball Arcade will sound like!

PPS. I love that you're replying to everyone in this thread Zsolt (really!), but if you use "Reply with Quote", we can see who you're replying to :)

Last edited:

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
PPS. I love that you're replying to everyone in this thread Zsolt (really!), but if you use "Reply with Quote", we can see who you're replying to :)

Oh thanks! I thought forum marks it without quote as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts