Zaccaria Pinball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Downloaded it since it's now free. As others have said, it's very weird how the ball doesn't bounce at all off the flippers. Ball movement overall is strange sometimes too (for example, if you catch a ball on the left flipper and then drop the flipper, the ball speeds up faster than it does on the other flippers). However, it definitely has potential. The table layouts look fun and the graphics are nice, but I won't buy anything until they improve the physics.

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
The flippers on Time Machine are VERY close together... Much too close! The scale is wrong as well, all flippers should be scaled down. (see distance from the stars with the blue flippers.)

The 2 irons strips behind the flippers look like they float, the shadows are not connected: so, they float..

Palm trees artwork is missing on the read tube in the back.

I don't want to go too deep into the table art, but a little side note: I prefer a more natural color for the table artwork, it's a little too saturated in color and yellow (skintone on the face is yellow instead of flesh color.)

closeup.jpg

374196_346299628720930_1405082883_n.jpg

incorrect.jpg

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The flipper gap makes up for the lack of nudging. (Yes, I know they have nudging, but it is horrible)
For me, improve the physics, give me landscape play, and crank out the tables. And if you want a bigger flipper gap, then give me better nudging.

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
It's interesting how different it plays compared to tpa, it reminds me of zen.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
It's cool to see the devs posting here and listening to feedback, so hopefully something positive will come out of it for us and for ASK Homework. We need to be patient and not expect too much too quickly, and I am sure these guys will do what they can - they seem to be small like Farsight.

I have also seen posts over at Pinside and in VPForums and most people are commenting on the physics, however people seem to be excited on the general look of the tables and the chance of seeing more real pins virtualised. Now I need to get my hands on a working iOS device.....

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
It's 69p so I'm not too fussed about that. Haven't given it a go yet, but it's nearly lunchtime!

kendickson

Dec 10, 2012
I like. The tables are funky - a very different gameplay / artwork esthetic to the Bally / Williams of the era. Granted, the game's physics are not brilliant. But the mech sounds are good. The artwork is good. Night mode looks cool. The slightly flickering lights in Time Machine are a brilliant touch. Happy to send a few $$ their way - a fine first go. "Now, you will go into the future!"

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
No sandwich for me - leftovers!

Had a play and yes the physics are incredibly pants. If the engine can be tuned to feel more like a real pinball machine I'd happily consider upgrading to Gold. If I understand correctly that would be essentially pre-ordering all the tables?

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
They are some nice designs I have to say - looking forward to the next update!

night

May 18, 2012
That's pinball champ 82! Looks fantastic Zsolt.

Please check this inconsistency, the metal part is 'over' your table, in the original it's 'under'. (Also with Time Machine and Devil Riders).

image-14.jpg

incorrect.jpg

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Landscape mode!

Landscape! My prayers answered! Thanks Zsolt.
I'm with you night, Pinball Champ 82 looks very nice. I have to say this app is really growing on me. I find myself playing it more than Zen now. TPA is still my wife but my new mistress is named Zaccaria.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
It's interesting how different it plays compared to tpa, it reminds me of zen.

Zen is also located in Hungary, maybe the devs know each other.

Do you know if ASK plans to release a pc version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts