Zaccharia for Android: Initial Release Discussion

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
It would be a big help for us if you could download and test Dirt Masters on your device and let us know if you experience any trouble, issue or bug.

No issues with Google Play Services, game performance, or using in game currency to purchase items.

Nvidia Shield Tablet. Android 5.0.

Can I suggest making it use immersive mode?

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
No issues with Google Play Services, game performance, or using in game currency to purchase items.

Nvidia Shield Tablet. Android 5.0.

Can I suggest making it use immersive mode?
Yes, you can. It's a good to know about this feature. It will be implemented by the next update.

Thank you for your feedback! It was helpful. :)

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Without this link there's no way to find it. Played it and it crashed once. There could be a Pro version without ads, maybe.

On my Nexus 7 1st gen 4.4.4 it crashed after pressing start (just after loading screen). I reloaded and set detail to low, but same issue. I reported issue using the Google crash handling.

Last edited:

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Without this link there's no way to find it. Played it and it crashed once. There could be a Pro version without ads, maybe.
Thanks for your feedback. Which android version do you have on you device?

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
On my Nexus 7 1st gen 4.4.4 it crashed after pressing start (just after loading screen). I reloaded and set detail to low, but same issue. I reported issue using the Google crash handling.
Thank you. We will check what the problem could be.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
Which sales system is planed for Android (Pinball) ? I've read on other (like IOS) something about gold, silver.... Members, set of table?, table alone? , but I haven't found any deeper information about this one (like with real prices in which case... ) Can someone provide some more information?

mikehg

Feb 5, 2014
If you're looking for beta testers, I have a Samsung Note Pro 12.2 (SM-P900, with the Exynos 4+4 core chip), which I'm using with a Moga Pro gamepad - a relatively unusual setup.

Happy to beta test for Zaccaria.

I gave Dirt Masters a go on it, completed all the 300m Hill Climb levels - it really isn't my type of game, so I doubt I'll go much further, but here are some thoughts anyway:

1) Graphics are brilliant, but I agree there should be smoke / particle effects. Also, perhaps some screen shake / camera pan on landings would add to immersion - it looks cheesy if you overdo it, but a little bit can add a sense of weight, and make you feel more like you're 'in the game'.

2) Sound - needs work I think. There's no sound when you land, even on your roof.

3) How about for a sequel adding limited steering? I'm not talking about turning it into a conventional racing game, but more along the lines of Temple Run or something: obstructions appear on one side of the track, you have to tilt the device the other way to dodge it. Might be an idea for another game mode, anyway...

4) One bug: I don't log in to Google Play Games. Half way through a level the screen went blank, and the prompt to log in appeared again. I hit cancel, and the game continued - I could still hear sound / music, but the screen remained blank. I coasted to the end of the level, and heard the cheering sound, screen still blank. I quit the app and re-ran it, continued onwards. This only happened once, so not a big deal.

Last edited:

paljas

Dec 30, 2014
Hi Zsolt, I'd be happy to testdrive the Android port. Running on stock Galaxy S3 (GT-9300) / Android 4.3 at time of writing.

skykid3k

Dec 21, 2012
Don't know if you are still beta testing for the Android version, but I'd be happy to help out. I have an original Nexus 7 for my Android device.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Don't know if you are still beta testing for the Android version, but I'd be happy to help out. I have an original Nexus 7 for my Android device.
It hasn't actually started yet [MENTION=1698]skykid3k[/MENTION]. The first step was to get Dirt Masters on the play store and collect game engine feedback. The game engine in Dirt Masters is the same in Zaccharia.

The next step we're all waiting for is to begin beta testing Zaccharia, but [MENTION=2322]Zsolt[/MENTION] and the team must be busy working on the iOS fixes still.

I think what's happened is ASK probably wants to get all the newly announced tables into iOS before porting the codebase over to Android. This will save them a tonne of time not having to maintain two code-bases.

My gut feeling is that Android users may be waiting a little longer until the remaining tables are added.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
this is a teal issue for me most of our really active members that i talk with at least dont have at least 3 highgrade pinball apps but as jared has said in the past hes happy for us ios yobs to bug fix it!

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
[MENTION=459]jaredmorgs[/MENTION]

Did Dirt Masters make it on to the Play Store?

I looked for it but did not find it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.