The Official Latest NEWS And INFORMATION Discussion Thread

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Do we know that Space Shuttle wouldn't be emulated? They can emulate Williams System 11B games now (Taxi, Elvira and the Party Monsters), and I got the impression that emulating earlier Williams systems wouldn't be a huge stretch from there. Presumably the development effort is nontrivial, but justifying it for a new release might be easier than justifying going back and re-doing Black Knight and Gorgar.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Voice-Over Tutorials : FarSight is looking at implementing some software compression that may allow them to add voice-over to the tutorials in the future.

Am I the only one here who's not interested in this at all? Of course, with some proper compression, it wouldn't make that much of a difference, but even then, one thing I like about Pinball Arcade is how little disk space it takes up! I'd like it to at least be a voluntary add-on pack. And although I can understand that FarSight care about the presentation value, there are other pending additions that would be way cooler, making TPA stand out as _the_ product for pinball fans - such as free roaming camera and cabinet support (!) - maybe even support for connecting a Dot Matrix Display to the USB port, imagine how awesome that would be. (though I'm not sure if there's a standard for that)

Last edited:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Am I the only one here who's not interested in this at all? Of course, with some proper compression, it wouldn't make that much of a difference, but even then, one thing I like about Pinball Arcade is how little disk space it takes up! I'd like it to at least be a voluntary add-on pack. And although I can understand that FarSight care about the presentation value, there are other pending additions that would be way cooler, making TPA stand out as _the_ product for pinball fans - such as free roaming camera and cabinet support (!) - maybe even support for connecting a Dot Matrix Display to the USB port, imagine how awesome that would be. (though I'm not sure if there's a standard for that)

No you are not the only one :). I might reconsider though if the voice is like that fine sounding lady in Xenon :cool:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012

Oh please God no I feel the same as you. It's so annoying on PBHOF. I read faster than the guy talking, it's incredibly stupid and annoying listening to him, total waste of resources and money.

ericb

Nov 20, 2012

I really like the voice-overs in PBHOF. Maybe it's because I was new to pinball at the time, but I'd definitely welcome them in TPA.

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012

I am not interested in the voice over at all. I am with others in liking the small size of the download.

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
Not to mention this...

As much as we all love PHoF, I'm not sure that the voice overs in the virtual arcade were among its strong points.

*Peen-baht... Gooorgaarr.*

Know what I mean?

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I have a 1TB drive in my ps3 but I still don't want it. I read faster than someone speaks but its hard to read while someone is talking.
They don't sell 1TB PS3s. Not here in America, anyway.
I also can care less whether they have voice-overs or not, except if they had that sexy Xenon voice like mentioned above, I might reconsider. Also, if they were to include something significantly good in exchange for a larger file size, I'd be all for it.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
They don't sell 1TB PS3s. Not here in America, anyway.
I also can care less whether they have voice-overs or not, except if they had that sexy Xenon voice like mentioned above, I might reconsider. Also, if they were to include something significantly good in exchange for a larger file size, I'd be all for it.

No they don't but its so easy to swap hard drives on the ps3!

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Just saw this on Facebook....

"The Pinball Arcade We are still working on the 360 issues now. We can say the next table we release on the 360 will be Twilight Zone."

Sir_LANs-a-lot

Jun 1, 2012
I'm sure the guys are working flat out to try and resolve the publisher issues in order to give 360 owners a very Merry Christmas...

Fingers crossed! :)

N

Nik Barbour

How will they get TZ out without solving the publisher problem?

I assumed, they would resolve that problem first, then release a title update followed by either a bulk release of dlc, or in dribs and drabs as MS chose it to be released (but essentially sequential to its pack number).

Quite surprised by that statement.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.