The Official Latest NEWS And INFORMATION Discussion Thread

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
That's actually the reason this thread was spun off from the main news thread, so that the occasional derailments took place here and not there. (The news thread has quite a few subscribers, who were getting annoyed at being notified of a new post only to find more banter.)

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Plus is part of the reason that I upgraded my ps3 to a 1TB HD. I download pretty much every free game from plus. I always have several games waiting for a long weekend to be played! The one hour full trials are sweet also.

I'm sure this deal will give TPA some good exposure. There are some plus users that may not have noticed the game until it wound up in plus deals.

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012
That's actually the reason this thread was spun off from the main news thread, so that the occasional derailments took place here and not there. (The news thread has quite a few subscribers, who were getting annoyed at being notified of a new post only to find more banter.)

Yes i unsubscribed because of that, but i don't seem to be able to find out to resubscribe, not sure if the link is working or i'm missing it.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Yes i unsubscribed because of that, but i don't seem to be able to find out to resubscribe, not sure if the link is working or i'm missing it.
If you go to the thread, at the top there will be a grey bar right below the thread title. One of the options on this bar is Thread Tools, the Subscribe to Thread link is in there.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
So has T2 been formerly announced as the next KS?

FarSight will not formally announce the T2 Kickstarter until they get close to lauching the project, but I've decided to give everyone the heads up now.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
As a table I'm not as excited about T2 as TZ or STTNG, but as a precedent to what kind of licenses are available to FS this way it does open up a lot of options for moviebased tables.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I hope that if they do get T2 via kickstarter then they also get the licenses to extend to other Terminator and/or Arnold tables. Not that they are necessarily on the top of my personal wish list but Last Action Hero is a very solid table and I haven't played the Stern Terminator but it looks decent enough. Who knows, with new Terminator movies rumored to be coming out, there could even be future tables.

countcb

Jul 16, 2012
The "Latest NEWS And INFORMATION From FarSight Studios Concerning The Pinball Arcade" thread has the follwing information:

Free Roaming Camera : FarSight is looking to add a free roaming camera at some point that will be accessible from the Table Menu and the Plunger Camera view in the near future.

Is this still true since there is the first PRO Table which has free romaing camera as a PRO feature?
This point could be updated to reflect that (that this feature will be available when you purchase a PRO table)

And?

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
I'm confused they'd take T2 before Addams Family, hopefully this KS doesn't fail too badly.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I'm confused they'd take T2 before Addams Family, hopefully this KS doesn't fail too badly.

Don't expect TAF any time soon, due to Raul Julia's express wishes preventing his likeness being used in anything after his death.

It would be very difficult to secure the voice and actor likeness heavily featured in the Pinball.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Don't expect TAF any time soon, due to Raul Julia's express wishes preventing his likeness being used in anything after his death.

It would be very difficult to secure the voice and actor likeness heavily featured in the Pinball.

I was never able to find confirmation of this fact besides the several statements in this regard on the forum. Not that I want to doubt those who are more "in the know" but is this in fact supported by sources or more of a hearsay thing.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I was never able to find confirmation of this fact besides the several statements in this regard on the forum. Not that I want to doubt those who are more "in the know" but is this in fact supported by sources or more of a hearsay thing.

Based on this unreleased game for N64, it may be possible to license what they need

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/851-Adams-Family-pinball-for-N64

Sure, that link is still forum based, but it is a different outcome than all others.

I was also unable to find an external citation. Thanks for making me look. There may be hope yet :)

Turbine

May 19, 2012
So we can get buy the Pro mode for TZ? I thought access to the operators menu was an exclusive for $100 backers? (Not complaining as I didn't back for that much and this is the one table I'd actually pay for pro)

countcb

Jul 16, 2012
you can buy pro mode for tales of the arabian night on android currently. which includes free roam camera.
which seems to makes the point about the free roam camera in the info thread outdated or wrong.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Based on this unreleased game for N64, it may be possible to license what they need

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/851-Adams-Family-pinball-for-N64

Sure, that link is still forum based, but it is a different outcome than all others.

I was also unable to find an external citation. Thanks for making me look. There may be hope yet :)

Raúl Juliá had been battling cancer a couple of years before dying from a stroke. I can not find anything on the internet but this is what I remember. After his death his wife Merel was commenting about fans wanting another Adams Family movie and Street Fighter movie with Raúl in them in some way aka Peter Sellers in The Trail of the Pink Panther which was made after Sellers death using footage cut from other movies, stand ins and voice over work by a Sellers sound a like. Merel said that Raúl would not want such a thing and implied that he said as much when he was being treated for stomach cancer a few years prior to his death. In my opinion from what I can remember, he just didn't want new works to be made with his face or likeness. I think making a digital version of a pinball table that had already been produced would be along the same lines of making a DVD release of the Adams Family movie even though there was no DVD when the movie was made. Or maybe like creating an anniversary poster for a special anniversary theater run of the movie.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts