5/31/2013 - 6/10/2013 Mobile Tournament

Crusty Booger

Apr 13, 2013
It was a lot of fun, but a big time commitment. It would be nice if they could settle the leader board issues. Also nice if they had tables without a high score ceiling...it's a PITA to try to get as close as you can to the ceiling...especially when many folks could go way beyond that.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
My heart just wasn't in it this time. I ended in the top 20 the last two tournaments but this time I only played each table 3-4 times and ended just below the top 100 I think.

I believe anyone can get to the top 20 if they just have enough time on their hands.
I really think they should put a max 5 entries pr table cap and register the start of the game if that is even possible. Otherwise you can just quite and start over right before your last ball drains.

Maybe a person can get into the top 20 if they have a lot of time. I don't think I could, but that is dependent on what tables are part of the tourney. I started the tourney before the last but quit the moment I cross posted a score to Space Shuttle. I didn't even play a game in this last tourney because of the leadrboard issues so I can't accurately answer that question.

I tell you if the tourney tables were: TZ - ST:TNG - BH - Genie - then I would be lucky to be in the top 500. Widebody Pinball machines do not like me. I am up to 30 games of TZ and still haven't been stopped in a middle of the game because of a high score. :confused:

N

netizen

I didn't even play a game in this last tourney because of the leadrboard issues

Among other issues, that kept me from playing as well.

I know I wouldn't have cracked the top 20. Last tournament I cracked the top 100 and then stopped, wound up in the final 300 for it, so it really is a matter of time to be spent.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Yeah...the players in the top 25 (well the legit ones) can do it without breaking a sweat. I was surprised to end up around 111 I think. I don't have all day to put up scores but even if I did I don't believe I could get higher than about 75 with my skill level. I am happy to get the eyeball. Hoping the upcoming divisions will give a more fair chance to compete and also root out the scoreboard hackers.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Montana, once you master the three way combo, TZ will be calling you sir. Took me a bunch of games to hit it consistently. I also have an easier time using the scrolling camera (which I usually hate).

I didn't play in this tourney at all. I wish they only had 4 tables and a max of five attempts at each.

Dylan_h

Mar 15, 2012
I enjoy the tournaments but would like to see some changes like different prizes for a start as I've won the custom balls many times now and have still never used them. Congrats to Crusty Booger for the top spot and putting up some huge scores!

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
I enjoy the tournaments but would like to see some changes like different prizes for a start as I've won the custom balls many times now and have still never used them. Congrats to Crusty Booger for the top spot and putting up some huge scores!

Maybe a five or six table tourney, one table per day. Eventually I would like to see a max of 5 attempts per, but maybe at first with this format give it a 1 table per day, as many attempts as you can.

If you join in a day or two late, you can play the old table(s) once or twice

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
I agree. Fewer tables, limited attempts. Otherwise it's more about how long you put into it.
i agree but there is a small issue. Because this is being played in usually a home setting there is the issue of a distraction (important call) the iPad / iPhone slipped or other mishap. Perhaps a limited number of resets / restarts should be allowed maybe limit one restart per table or something.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I still think it is possible to set up the scoring in a way similar to PAPA qualifying so that unlimited attempts would not be an advantage. But until FarSight can protect the leaderboards from hacking, tournaments are irrelevant for me.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
I also agree that until the hacking stops there's absolutely no sense in participating in the tournaments. Also, a limited number of attempts per table should be implemented.

K

Korven

Ended up at 51 would be interesting to know many on android finished ahead of me given the differences compared to iOS.

Only played centaur, pin*bot and BoP more than 3 times. Won't bother with tourney's again unless we start to get HoFpoints for setting new BP's.

MarkItZeroSmoky

May 26, 2013
I played a little bit and ended up in the top 10% outve the 3500 or so that were entered. But i wasnt really motivated much because of the obvious hacked scores, and the no hof points when beating my high scores or no wizard goals checked off when i accomplished a few. That kinda made me not want to waste my time. I like the idea of limited attempts or maybe just less days the tourny runs. But for sure, untill the lboard hack issues are fixed, it's sorta pointless.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
I would say everyone in the top 10 with the exception of Nejsem was real, but FS really needs to get on that before the next tourney. I also agree that a change of format would be nice- tournament settings on games with no EBs and something like PAPA style. If they don't want to disable EBs for some reason, I think it would make sense to leave out some of the especially marathony games. I didn't put that much time in because even one game on some of those tables is a serious commitment.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.