A new app on the way from Stern and Farsight

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
As long as it works on my iPad 3 I will be extremely happy, playing Stern Pinball Games on the go. I know it will come to the PlayStation 4, so no worry for that, at least for me and others.

karl

May 10, 2012
If the choice is between not having them at all or only having them on the newer devices, that choice is pretty easy for me ;)

At least you will have to update your phone or tablet sometime in the future. SAM tables will not work on the older (how old, only Farsight will know) devices.

There was a thread earlier with an uproar because tpa would not release tables that did not support older devices and now the other way round ;) At least with a new app you do not alienate those that have already bought tables for the app.

Edit: And I have a sneaking feeling that lotr and simpsons will not be on the new app. At least not for a while. It makes little sense for Stern to go back to those license holders to try and make a deal (if they are not doing a vault ed of one of those pins)
lotr will probably be pretty expensive, even for Stern, to go back and re-negotiate, just for the digital rights.

It is a little different with stuff like Marvel, I would imagine. They can probably just go back and re-negotiate for the old ones the next time they are doing a Marvel pin or say something like Sopranos. If they just have dealt with HBO regarding GOT, etc.

Last edited:

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
I have an ipad 3....but I'm sort of hoping they up the specs for TPA and upgrade the graphics engine...that would give me a great excuse to upgrade. (lighting effects and shadows, Oh My!) :cool:

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Edit: And I have a sneaking feeling that lotr and simpsons will not be on the new app. At least not for a while. It makes little sense for Stern to go back to those license holders to try and make a deal (if they are not doing a vault ed of one of those pins)
lotr will probably be pretty expensive, even for Stern, to go back and re-negotiate, just for the digital rights.

If your assumption is correct i wonder what the next KS table announcement will be then if TSPP and LOTR are off the cards

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
I think TSPP could be the next Kickstarter on the current app.

Of course it's TSPP.It won't be Indiana Jones or Dr Who that's for sure.And I would imagine fat LOTR would be alot more expensive to attain than TSPP.So that is the logical choice.

Last edited:

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
I am a little surprised we have gotten more info on this yet. Stern said further information would be revealed later in the fall. Fall is almost over.

Winter's comin'. :)

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
A whole month still left in Fall. The news will also probably come from Stern not FS. Seems like FS isn't allowed to reveal anything. Stern sometimes posts hints on Facebook but I haven't heard anything.

karl

May 10, 2012
If your assumption is correct i wonder what the next KS table announcement will be then if TSPP and LOTR are off the cards

I meant that they will probably not be in the new app. kickstarter is another beast altogether and they are deff not off the table in that regard

I think TSPP could be the next Kickstarter on the current app.

I agree

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
They struck a deal with Stern, I don't think FS is even gonna need a Kickstarter for their tables anymore. Not sure about other companies like Williams.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
-----
sure hope you're right. ;):confused:

Kinda hope they're busy working on it right now. There's been nothing brewing about the next TPA table yet - no sign of betas to my knowledge - and with the usual week's lead-time for PC/Android betas to release, that'd mean if they start betas this week Thu/Fri, they'd be releasing a new table on the Friday after Thanksgiving... which I just don't see happening.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I'm going to Freeplay Florida in Orlando this weekend, since I'm only 3 Hrs. away. Their will be Old and new Arcade Games, Game Consoles from Atari 2600 to PlayStation 4, and Plenty of Pinball Machines. Dennis Nordman, and Greg Freres will be their showing off Whoa Nellie. Gary Stern will be their also, just for half a day on Saturday, but like he has done for the past 5 years of this show, he talks about Stern. Their's about 4 of us that will be bringing up Farsight's Stern Pinball Arcade, so hopefully I will try and get at least something out of him. I will do the best I can for all of us.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
I read an article that was released about the Game of Thrones table a while ago that said that a digital version would also be coming soon, but it was on a GOT fansite. It may be confirmed, may not be confirmed.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.