A VERY dangerous thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

countcb

Jul 16, 2012
1) A version of Bride Of Pinbot for Vita that does not look like an accident.
This is really the ugliest table on the vita. And it really is a shame that the android/ios version looks better then the vita version. Vita should be able to handle this as well.

2) overall crisper texture quality for vita tables.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
1) A version of Bride Of Pinbot for Vita that does not look like an accident.
This is really the ugliest table on the vita. And it really is a shame that the android/ios version looks better then the vita version. Vita should be able to handle this as well.

2) overall crisper texture quality for vita tables.

These two are certainly a must. Especially after seeing what other games can do with the system, TPA is not getting the most out of the system.

night

May 18, 2012
These two are certainly a must. Especially after seeing what other games can do with the system, TPA is not getting the most out of the system.

Don't forget the Mac version. But let's be honest, TPA isn't getting the most out of any system.

LurkerCreep

Apr 26, 2012
1) Increase flipper friction (iOS). Especially on Creature from the Black Lagoon. That right flipper is maddening.

2) Forward nudge (iOS)

3) Improve nudge sensitivity (iOS). Ideally, include different levels of nudge strength based on how hard I shake my iPad.

4) Add a menu setting to allow users to switch off the camera feature that zooms in on special table events such as the Ringmasters head rising from the table on CV, the Gum Ball Machine on TZ, Frankenstein on MB, and The Machines face on BoP. This feature seems to be a constant source of bugs, with the camera inevitably getting stuck zoomed in while the player loses their ball. The setting could be called 'Dynamic Camera: On/Off'.

5) Add a menu setting to allow users to turn off the Plunger Camera. This feature also seems to be a constant source of bugs, with the camera getting stuck in Plunger Cam with the flippers inactive... usually during multi-ball.

Last edited:

Nedreud

Feb 12, 2013
I only play on iOS so my comments are only related to this version:

1. Better quality sounds. Have you played with a set of decent headphones (I'm using Bose OE2i)? Many sounds crackle due to what seems like very low quality compression, i.e., they sound like 8kbit mono mp3s. And the rolling ball sound is a very short repeated sound - more variation required!

2. Option to switch lighting mode between "Classic" and "Modern", i.e., between original incandescent lamps and modern ultra-bright LEDs. This is such a hot topic in the real pinball world!

3. Moving the big yellow start button from the centre to the left or right side. It's awkward reaching into the middle of an iPad in landscape mode to start each game.

4. Update all tables button.

5. A list of all my (or at least last 10) scores not just my highest.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Ok, I'm cheating a little by breaking it up by platform but most of these have been stated multiple times before anyway:

All platforms:
1-Fix any major bugs of course
2-Update earlier tables with the current physics model
3-Improve flipper physics to allow advanced techniques
4-Option to filter leaderboards by system/platform
5-Save camera angles settings on a per table basis

Android:
1-Keymapping options
2-Ability to nudge upward
3-Nudge sensitivity setting
4-Online tracking of goal progress and unlocks
5-Option to change which side of the touch-screen nudges in which direction

PS3:
1-The light/dark slider for ambient lighting is a must!
2-Enable Hall of Fame scores on the consoles
3-Online multiplayer timed and/or target score games
4-Input sensitivity settings for flippers (both primary and two-stage)
5-Enable the use of the D-Pad for nudging as well as the left stick

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
PSVita :

Start optimisng the existing tables and stop taking shortcuts for every DLC since Oct.2012 , we deserve better use of our platform's GPU chip honestly take a look at the latest mess .

knfcM7k.jpg

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
PSVita :

Start optimisng the existing tables and stop taking shortcuts for every DLC since Oct.2012 , we deserve better use of our platform's GPU chip honestly take a look at the latest mess .

EDIT: Moved response to new thread - Quality Assurance

Last edited:

titosantana

Feb 1, 2013
PS3 2 players

On PS3, you shouldn't have to pass the controller around the room in a 2 player game. The Williams collection had it right where you could use separate controllers. Seems like a simple fix.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Carful you might have to pay extra for that. PARTY MODE! :p Maybe its like that because of MOBILES dont have 2 controllers so theres no need to add it. Easy fix but low priority, below art issues, bugs, new tables.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Carful you might have to pay extra for that. PARTY MODE! :p Maybe its like that because of MOBILES dont have 2 controllers so theres no need to add it. Easy fix but low priority, below art issues, bugs, new tables.

I had a discussion with Mike R. about that. Its like that because the Xbox associates the gamer profile with each individual controller and they didn't know how to handle that with goals and high scores. When I pointed out that the PS3 doesn't even do that - all controllers are associated with one account - he said that he didn't realize that. He told me that they would put this issue on the list but that it wouldn't be a priority.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Man, if that just doesn't scream "we don't even understand the platform on which we're releasing software". Good grief.

Tabe

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I bet thats a long list crumpled up and tossed without seeing where it landed and on it was backards art, missing art, MM flipper gap and BK.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
-Fix leaderboard issues. Scores won't post and facebook friends won't show. If this is due to switching pro-mode on/off once without changing settings, that's... well let's hope that's not it. A malfunctional leaderboard equates no leaderboard.
-Navigating through the different tables within the leaderboard is anoyingly slow. You're better off exiting, browsing through the table menu, and then switching back to leaderboard. Inevitable perhaps, but also silly.
-Table menu... every table playing it's own little music/sounds as you browse through them... this can have a very annoying effect, to put it mildly. Kindly rethink and come up with a solution that's less of an earsore. Maybe don't have the music playing untill you select the table to activate the menu-overlay with that yellow START-button in the middle.
-Carpet = eyesore.

Last edited:

ATOMIC BOY

Banned
Feb 20, 2013
It would be really great, especially for some of the busier graphically challenged, playfields, to be able to dim the ambient light or go totally dark-room with only the light from the table illuminating everything.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
That's not really a fair statement. I'm not the PS3 developer.

That's correct. Mike said that he was unaware. He wasn't talking for the entire team. But the PS3 dev did just make it work the same as it did on the Xbox and it should be changed.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
My biggest gripe is the whole login ordeal. I just got a great score on Dr. Dude and finished all my wizard goals on that table and one short on Firepower. I also had Wizard goals completed on most of the tables I own. As of right now my profile says I have zero Hall of Fame points, zero goals accomplished and nothing to show for the work I've put in to getting accomplishments. Not to mention that most every time I start the game I have to log out and log back in for my STTNG and TZ tables to be available. This takes several minutes anytime I want to play them as it generally does not work the first try. The facebook and game center integration is weird (despite NO goals I still have some achievements). One other weird thing is I have myself showing up two times on the leaderboard under two different names (my real name and my nickname on here). It just seems logging in shouldn't be such an ordeal and saving information shouldn't be such a hassle.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I expect the Farsight login is to allow for cross-platform rewards like the kickstarter tables and the tournament eyeball. Otherwise I'm not sure how they would handle that.

I would like to see more reliable local score sync data with the Farsight leaderboards myself as that's the only scores I check now. Since the last update score tracking seems to be broken and other users have reported issues where lack of network connectivity resulted in a failure to get a high score recognised. I'm speaking of iOS right now, but I would expect that other mobile platforms might be similarly affected.

I'd also like to see less attacks and ranting in this thread. Mike didn't have to start the thread so let's try to keep an elevated tone and a constructive atmosphere.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I'd also like to see less attacks and ranting in this thread. Mike didn't have to start the thread so let's try to keep an elevated tone and a constructive atmosphere.

Mike didn't start the thread anyway. Its kind of hard to insist on only constructive feedback. That's a subjective term. One man's constructive is another man's whining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts