Request Any chances to see more Stern tables in TPA?

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
An average person born in 90s or later is not going to buy old school tables. It's really hard to attract this generation to a pinball game in the Call of Duty era.

People want graphics and achievements these days. However it is still possible with more modern licensed pins. Chances are this generation will love pinball too.

TPA must be profitable like every game so it is important to attract more active gamers too.

I was born in 1989 and I adore Central Park. Represent!

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I think the fact I've had little success with the final wizard goal (1000pts on a single ball - which I'd bet I got on launch day during my first marathon play of it) is why I've not played it in ages. I love the classic "ding-ding" pinball sounds it makes!

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I think the fact I've had little success with the final wizard goal (1000pts on a single ball - which I'd bet I got on launch day during my first marathon play of it) is why I've not played it in ages. I love the classic "ding-ding" pinball sounds it makes!

What drives me crazy is that I got 3,000pts when I was working on my standard goals, only to find out later that its a damn Wizard goal.

I've yet to reach that high a score again.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
What drives me crazy is that I got 3,000pts when I was working on my standard goals, only to find out later that its a damn Wizard goal.

I've yet to reach that high a score again.

It's not actually that hard once you get the "flow" of the table. Then again, my score was top 20 for a long time so maybe I just have an unusual gift.

mc_mc

Dec 23, 2012
I'd like to see some modern(ish) sterns: TSPP, Spiderman, LOTR, Iron Man, Tron, T3, Family Guy, Batman but they are all licensed themes and I don't hold out much hope unfortunately.

mystman12

Apr 21, 2013
I really want to see LotR. There's one at a nearby arcade, which got nicely restored, but each time it gets sent in for repairs, it seems like it comes back with ANOTHER issue, and the old ones aren't fixed. The first time it was sent in to be restored, it came back with the wiring for two triggers mixed up. The sword ramp is useless now, and to lock balls you have to shoot Gollum's cave, which hits the trigger at the end of the wire ramp, which the game thinks is the sword trigger. Later the machine caught on fire, so it was sent in for repairs again, and when it came back it still had the wiring issue, and now it also has balls getting stuck on the left wire ramp, which completely ruins any game. The Big Guns there was also out of order, so hopefully that one will be restored soon, and I mean, I'm hoping that don't somehow mess that one up!

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I'd like to see some modern(ish) sterns: TSPP, Spiderman, LOTR, Iron Man, Tron, T3, Family Guy, Batman but they are all licensed themes and I don't hold out much hope unfortunately.

I think I'm one of the rare few that really don't dig the newer tables. I mean, don't get me wrong, there's a few neat ones like "AC/DC", but anything past "Monopoly" and "Rollercoaster Tycoon", I really haven't dug much.

Then again, I have the same issue with newer video games... I'm still stuck in the late 80's/late's 90s. lol

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
3000 isn't really that difficult. It requires a high attention level and just never try to trap the ball ;)

1000 on one ball is hard, though.

Yeah, that is the last Wizard Goal I've yet to make, and I feel it will remain out of my reach for a while. I achieve my scores (my highest is about 5,000) by getting lots and lots of extra balls, which I know is not the way the real Central Park is supposed to play.

By the way, I prefer Cross Town, but I know that will never, ever come to The Pinball Arcade because EMs are not popular and because it plays pretty similarly to Central Park.

I would love to see some of their newest ones, but I know that will never happen either. I really do enjoy most of the modern Sterns, and I'd like to add The Sopranos, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Elvis to that list too, at least concerning the ones made in 2010 or earlier.

karl

May 10, 2012
I had heard that HRC was nothing to write home about and it might not be the prettiest table around but it actually surprised me when I got to play it. A fun machine with a nice set of rules. I have only played Sharkey's Hideout one time, but it looked ok. Monopoly is a fun machine that also looks good. Not very fond of the call-outs and music in RCT but not a bad machine otherwise. I'm betting Anyone of the above will be a nice change after playing Lights, camera, action for a month ;)

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I'm looking to newer stern tables like, Family Guy, Wheel Of Fortune (Please don't diss this game unless you've played it), Big Buck Hunter Pro, Spiderman, and maybe Mustang (Which is unlikely right now). I would be happy once S.A.M. Gets emulated, these games have lots of lights and would look cool on the Playstation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I'm looking to newer stern tables like, Family Guy, Wheel Of Fortune (Please don't diss this game unless you've played it), Big Buck Hunter Pro, Spiderman, and maybe Mustang (Which is unlikely right now). I would be happy once S.A.M. Gets emulated, these games have lots of lights and would look cool on the Playstation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

Again, not a fan of the newer tables, just based on looks. (I've played a few newer ones as well like "POTC", wasn't impressed) However, I never knew there was a "Wheel of Fortune"?!? Now that sounds pretty fun. I'll have to check out gameplay videos on Youtube.

EDIT: Wow, "Wheel of Fortune" looks like a blast! Although I hate the little toy people figures they have on there. They look so stupid. lol

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.