Beta (1.10.0 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
is that one 100% Nik?

also the score limit was hacked, that is fixed now.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Ryan, I know you're busy handling the bugs we've reported, but have you asked Jason about the strobe light as it's missing entirely from the table and kind of makes getting Strobe Light Multiball pointless.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
so.......when the ball rolls back down the center loop and right loop it often comes back at crazy angles as it catches end of rail.......... is this not bothering anyone else? Is this correct? Just seems a bit random and unrealistic looking to me.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
They are looking into it for consoles, and trying to figure out what to do with mobile since there is no lighting for Android or Ios due to performance.

Ryan, I know you're busy handling the bugs we've reported, but have you asked Jason about the strobe light as it's missing entirely from the table and kind of makes getting Strobe Light Multiball pointless.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
They are looking into it for consoles, and trying to figure out what to do with mobile since there is no lighting for Android or Ios due to performance.

Why doesn't Jason just fake the lighting and use the effects he's been using on the flashers and plastics (on/off state) for the last couple of tables. Those look great on Android and iOS devices. I also hope Jason is looking to update the flashers and plastics (on/off state) on the older tables for mobile devices with this same effects sometime in the near future.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

On vPinMame (about 3 years ago when I was still playing it on the PC), when the strobe fired, the saucer area just flashed whiteish. I would imagine on Mobile platforms the art guys could put a similar light-bleed effect you have for the flashers. I would not expect anything more than that, given the constraints mobile platforms have. On consoles however, SLM and saucer strikes have the potential to look awesome!

I don't know if the effects guys could slightly dim the screen (obviously not on mobile platforms) when the strobe fires to emulate the feeling that the strobe is partially blinding you (which it kind of did on the Real table). It's a very cool feature.

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
Wow, the new interface looks fantastic and runs much smoother from what I've seen so far. I really dig it.

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
Device/OS: Nexus 7 / Jellybean 4.2.1

Bug Description: I've noticed that in AFM when the ball drains it can be partially seen above the apron.

Steps to Reproduce: Drain a ball.

Frequency: 100%

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Device/OS: Nexus 7 / Jellybean 4.2.1

Bug Description: I've noticed that in AFM when the ball drains it can be partially seen above the apron.

Steps to Reproduce: Drain a ball.

Frequency: 100%

This happens on Genie as well. Sometimes, the ball graphic will stay on top of the apron for the remainder of the next ball.

EDIT : Another question Ryan, is the eyeball skin the Star Trek : The Next Generation ball skin or the skin for the Top 100 finishers in the December Beta Tournament?

Last edited:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah just confirmed, we don't have the tech yet (before the alpha planes that you spoke of on other tables worked because they were against walls). We tried with the current set up and it looked horrible and hurt performance. That being said its on his list to try to make some tech for this, but overdraw makes this impossible with current tech. Jason says we are working on it =)

The end game bug has been found and hopefully tomorrow it will be in the new beta build.

Carl the new beta build will remove the score limit bug as well.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Yeah just confirmed, we don't have the tech yet (before the alpha planes that you spoke of on other tables worked because they were against walls). We tried with the current set up and it looked horrible and hurt performance. That being said its on his list to try to make some tech for this, but overdraw makes this impossible with current tech. Jason says we are working on it =)

Thanks Ryan, glad to hear you guys are working on it.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
eyeball

This happens on Genie as well. Sometimes, the ball graphic will stay on top of the apron for the remainder of the next ball.

EDIT : Another question Ryan, is the eyeball skin the Star Trek : The Next Generation ball skin or the skin for the Top 100 finishers in the December Beta Tournament?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Got it working. You can't buy the tables seperately? I wondered how they'd handle a trash/treasure pairing with two non-licensed tables.

I was a little surprised at not having the option to purchase separately as well. I guess you can think of it as paying $4.99 for AFM, or paying $4.99 for AFM and getting Genie for free.

Or you choose how you want to market it to yourself. ;)

I have to say that I'm playing Genie more than AFM. I've never had a chance to play it, and it is rather addictive.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
we can't reproduce the login issue, so I have no idea how to fix it, we will keep trying on our end though. Any further info on this might help.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
No - its done it once in approx 6 games.

Any news on not being able to log in to the leaderboards Ryan?
I can login in 1.9.1.

Have you tried force closing the game then logging in afterwards? This is the only way I can log into the leaderboards on my Galaxy S III when I get disconnected.

Um...what is the new eyeball skin for again?...ST:TNG or the Top 100 finishers in the December Beta Tournament?

Last edited:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
oh sorry top 100 winners last tournament, other balls will be for future tournaments. Are you seeing these currently?

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
The ball physics strike me as a bit "floaty" on both of these tables, to the point where I've had balls flying up the inlanes in the wrong direction quite often (even though this is possible in real life it shouldn't happen as often as it does) and twice in one game of Genie the ball bounced off the bottom of the playfield and where it should normally drain at this point it actually bounced back up onto the flipper allowing continued play.

I've also noticed that cradling the ball is quite difficult at times because of the physics. But that could just be me.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
oh sorry top 100 winners last tournament, other balls will be for future tournaments. Are you seeing these currently?

Yes, I finished in the Top 100 and have access to the eyeball skin. Are you guys still working on the ST:TNG skin as well?

By the way, the graphics for the selectable ball skins in the extras menu look much better now...very nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts