Beta (1.10.0 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
Yeah I can get black screen on JB 4.2.1 with a lot of rotations in both TPA 1.9.1 & 1.10.0 - but see above post for JB restore.

I run into the same issue and the same fix works for me. Rotate too many times, app goes black. Minimize and then restore and everything returns to normal.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Also, the rotation black screen issue, is anyone seeing this on jellybean? I seem to only be able to repro it on os versions lower than that.

I have rotated my Galaxy S III running Jellybean over 20+ times while in the menu and in the tables themselves...no problem whatsoever with the black screen issue.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I totally agree.

Genie is a Gottlieb System 1 game, and a representative of one the better EM to SS transition period tables. Give it a chance and you may find that you like it a lot....
Now that I've given it another try, you're right - it is pretty fun. Worth the extra $2.00? Jury is still out on that one.

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012
Anyone else having the login issue that Nik is having?

I had the same issue as well. The only way that I could get it to launch was to roll back to the earlier version, log out, and then install the new version. Now once I can get past the score fix I can help test the new tables.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
That would make sense since the login is what entitles rewards.

l am having tne same problems with loging on and crashing as nik. also it says i no longer own star trek when that was a kick startet reward i am using a galaxy 2 samsung thanks

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
Now that I've given it another try, you're right - it is pretty fun. Worth the extra $2.00? Jury is still out on that one.
Definitely, definitely worth $2 in my opinion. $2 is an ATM fee or a small bag of chips.

I personally find the older tables to have a very appealing novelty to them, which is funny, because for a long time I found them to be boring and featureless. Then I got hooked on Black Hole and Big Shot somehow. I've been looking forward to Genie.

N

Nik Barbour

Definitely, definitely worth $2 in my opinion. $2 is an ATM fee or a small bag of chips.

I personally find the older tables to have a very appealing novelty to them, which is funny, because for a long time I found them to be boring and featureless. Then I got hooked on Black Hole and Big Shot somehow. I've been looking forward to Genie.

+1 - Love discovering & learning about the older tables. Big shot & Black Knight I play many times more than the later tables.
I'm a drop target junkie:D

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Ah the demo score thing has affected all tables. Not sure if that affects the fix you implemented?

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah it will affect all tables, you can roll back or wait for the new apk that I am hoping will get out to you guys tomorrow, we found more issues than I had hoped.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Ok, Nik was kind enough to send me his login info and I was able to get it to crash upon login but ONLY in release mode...which I cannot debug. Can anyone else that is having this issue PM me their email? No password needed just want to see if there is a pattern here.

sharkbear

Jul 26, 2012
The UI is highly unstable and its performance seems to degrade as I use it (Nexus 7 & TF100). If I open the app and navigate right to the tables, it's fine. But if I click on "New Tables" or "Tournament" or "Leaderboard," or navigate back to the top menu at all, there's an increasing delay before each request is fulfilled. Sometimes I can see the panning of the background will slow down or stop when I hit a button, then it resumes after a pause of 2-3 seconds. If I switch to my "Recent Apps" view and then reselect TPA, my next tap on a button will almost always work. Once I reach the table selection menu, I can return to the top menu using the arrow button. But if I keep doing this, on the fifth time I back out all the menu buttons disappear and I'm just left with the yellow background pic.

I've got nothing to say about AFM except that it's freaking awesome & almost makes up the real machine being pulled from my local bowling alley last week. Nice work!

Last edited:

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
Alright, after over an hour of watching videos of the real tables being played, I'm going to have to retract my statement about them feeling "floaty." AFM still seems a little difficult to cradle balls compared to the other games on TPA, but to be honest, that just puts it closer to the real thing in my opinion. On the other hand, I may still need to get used to the shots and returns.

And Genie is just a really floaty table, so for TPA version to be floaty is true to the original. I even saw a video of a guy playing and the ball bounced off the bottom of the playfield back up onto the flipper just like I had experienced.

So great job on the tuning!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Alright, after over an hour of watching videos of the real tables being played, I'm going to have to retract my statement about them feeling "floaty." AFM still seems a little difficult to cradle balls compared to the other games on TPA, but to be honest, that just puts it closer to the real thing in my opinion. On the other hand, I may still need to get used to the shots and returns.

And Genie is just a really floaty table, so for TPA version to be floaty is true to the original. I even saw a video of a guy playing and the ball bounced off the bottom of the playfield back up onto the flipper just like I had experienced.

So great job on the tuning!

Agreed. This is Bobby's best tuning work so far. Each pack gets better and better.

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
@Nik - Sure ill try on my end. Sometimes (rarely) I have reports of rooted devices doing things I cannot reproduce =\ only reason I ask. That being said I have rooted before with no issues (galaxy nexus, atrix 4g for instance.

@Aza - We think it might be the scripts running on the server doing this. I think James is going to look into it.

Also, the rotation black screen issue, is anyone seeing this on jellybean? I seem to only be able to repro it on os versions lower than that.

Yes Ryan: as per my previous post I see it about 10% of the time on a ASUS TF700 with OTA (ie official downloaded update) version of Jellybean 4.2.1.

Timelord ....

N

netizen

OS 4.1.1 on Galaxy tab 2 7 Inch

Tried installing over 1.9.1 and a clean install. Rebooted after the install each time, Cleared the cache, wiped all data possible, and the app still locks up at the first menu screen.

On a new install I could do the initial log in and get a restoring transactions message, but as soon at the initial menu of my tables etc shows up everything freezes.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
The UI is highly unstable and its performance seems to degrade as I use it (Nexus 7 & TF100). If I open the app and navigate right to the tables, it's fine. But if I click on "New Tables" or "Tournament" or "Leaderboard," or navigate back to the top menu at all, there's an increasing delay before each request is fulfilled. Sometimes I can see the panning of the background will slow down or stop when I hit a button, then it resumes after a pause of 2-3 seconds. If I switch to my "Recent Apps" view and then reselect TPA, my next tap on a button will almost always work. Once I reach the table selection menu, I can return to the top menu using the arrow button. But if I keep doing this, on the fifth time I back out all the menu buttons disappear and I'm just left with the yellow background pic.

I've got nothing to say about AFM except that it's freaking awesome & almost makes up the real machine being pulled from my local bowling alley last week. Nice work!

Good spot......I don't get any slow down but if keep switching between my tables and new tables, after about 5 switches I lose all buttons and just see the background. I have to force close app to recover.

N

netizen

OS 4.1.1 on Galaxy tab 2 7 Inch

Tried installing over 1.9.1 and a clean install. Rebooted after the install each time, Cleared the cache, wiped all data possible, and the app still locks up at the first menu screen.

On a new install I could do the initial log in and get a restoring transactions message, but as soon at the initial menu of my tables etc shows up everything freezes.

Exactly the same results with my Nexus 10/os 4.2.1 (stock), except that I could get past the first menu as a guest until I logged in. after that log in, even if I cleared the cache, the app will crash as soon as the menu displays.

N

netizen

Nexus 10
OS 4.2.1

When looking at New Tables as guest, after having downloaded all the table data to a new install of 1.9.1 then logging out and installing 1.10.0, TZ shows up as a new table to be purchased again. Even though the table data is stored locally.
STTNG, however, is in the My Tables list and is fully accessible, with the pro mode and everything; same with all the tables that have Pro Modes except Scared Stiff, it has the Pro Mode for sale. :confused:

If the new table pack is purchased as a guest, even though it is associated to my google account, will it restore to my far sight login if/when I can finally log in and load the application successfully?

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Since I can't use the two new tables, were any other tables updated at all for this version? As long as its not star trek or anythong from the cv pack I own it (give me a break this is my third copy lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.