Black Flaggers (Pinball Wicked)

Black Flaggers invites you on a pirate’s journey of plundering loot, swashbuckling adventures and cannon wielding foes. The playfield, toys, characters and environment create a lush and vibrant pirate world brimming with life and adventure.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I expected it to be cancelled after the slow start. But I'm sure it will be finished anyhow, maybe through Steam Early Access. If you still want to help the guys, go vote for the project on Steam Greenlight - link is in the first post.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I expected it to be cancelled after the slow start. But I'm sure it will be finished anyhow, maybe through Steam Early Access. If you still want to help the guys, go vote for the project on Steam Greenwich - link is in the first post.

Looks like you are indeed correct. Check out the edit on the first post:

Last edited by Formslingers; Yesterday at 03:28 PM. Reason: Pulled the plug on Kickstarter. Black Flaggers Pinball is very much alive!

So that's good news.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I have the impression they were testing the waters so to speak (no pun intended). I don't like this practice, although I can understand that you would want to get an impression of a possible customer/fan base. But it lessens the goodwill of potential backers like me. And if they were diving in head-first and somehow felt too unprepared to continue the KS, then that also doesn't spell confidence for me. Anyway, I still think it looks nice.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Anyone gonna take the plunge? The theme looks awesome. Physics might be a bit too arcadey for me though, based on the steam video.

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
The lighting looks fantastic. Physics look zen-style, so not really interested. Still glad to see it scheduled for release though. Hope it's a success.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Will definitely check it out.
Fx3 should also have this quality of lighting, but for now I am a bit worried about that.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
hey you guys. I am lucky to be part of the closed beta, so I had to push this a little ;)

of course I am not allowed to give any details, but I have to say: They did an awesome job!

The graphics are just incredible! this happens if you use a really good 3d engine (unreal). you need some beefy hardware to get the full treatment, but it also runs decent with lower settings.
They have to fine tune a few things but overall the visuals are stunning.

Mechanical sounds are very authentic - listen closely farsight!

Physics are great as well. I am very critical about this and sometimes it is a matter of taste what kind of physics you like, but what they did felt instantly natural. ball spin, flippers reaction on impact, ... it's all in there. I have to play more to see if it rivals pro pinball and VPX, but awesome for a start.

There are still some bugs to be sortet out, the UI is a bit wonky, but hey, this is beta.
BTW early access release is set to 5 October on steam... :)

oh: and the table is fun! I was concentrating on the technical aspects, but I am in for nautical themes anyway...

and one more thing: Camera view angles! great selection of view angles, can't wait to try this out on the cab (which is out of order atm). I rarely play dynamic cam, but I find them OK.

Last edited:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Heh see you biatches on the high score seas I guess, mead has pretty good taste imo so also g as they don’t cowtow in early access this sounds like a winner

Side note [MENTION=4070]mpad[/MENTION] what are are you running it full out on just to give a general idea

Last edited:

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Running on my game rig with a ryzen 1600x and amd r9 380. Full maxed out I get 40 fps. Afraid to put it on the cab which has an old i5 and gtx 560ti...

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Pretty damn steep then when most run is igp or lesser older hardware still it’s early days get it working first eh

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
It's an engine used in high end 3d shooters... But it still looks great when tuned down a little.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.