Confirmed upcoming tables

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
That "crazy ball acceleration device" is the super charger. THe getaway does have ancillary licenses because of the music; La Grange by ZZ top or something like that. Hopefully they can get that license

ahh... the super charger! makes me want to get out my power glove and say: "I love the super charger... it's so bad" ;-)

GDW

Mar 17, 2012
Here's a list of confirmed tables, taken from various sources:

1. Medieval Madness (taken from Facebook post on January 19 - One of the first DLC tables - release date unknown)
  2. Bride of Pin*Bot (taken from a FB post - One of the first DLC tables - release date unknown)
  3. Cirqus Voltaire (taken from Facebook post on December 26 - release date unknown)
  4. Monster Bash (taken from Facebook post on February 7 - release date unknown)
  5. Attack from Mars (taken from Facebook post on February 7 - release date unknown)
  6. Creature from the Black Lagoon (taken from iOS release description on February 9 - release date unknown)
  7. Funhouse (taken from iOS release description on February 9 - release date unknown)
  8. Black Knight (taken from iOS release description on February 9 - release date unknown)
  9. Space Shuttle (taken from iOS release description on February 9 - release date unknown)
  10. Pin•bot (taken from iOS release description on February 9 - release date unknown)
  11. Big Shot (taken from iOS release description on February 9 - release date unknown)
  12. Either Dr. Dude or Earthshaker (taken from Gamezone interview with Bobby King on January 29 - released within first year)

I can't believe Rudy's Funhouse is on this list...played this game every Friday night with my teenage girlfriend at her parents Arcade...nuf said.

Also love Hook and Indiana Jones. Soundtrack for Hook is amazing and IJ gameplay is the best.

alexk3954

Mar 8, 2012
It sounds like at least Elvira and the Party Monsters is semi-confirmed

"We hope to make an announcement about this soon :) Elvira and the Party Monsters is another great table!"- TPA

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Here's a list of confirmed tables, taken from various sources:

1. Medieval Madness (taken from Facebook post on January 19 - One of the first DLC tables - release date unknown)
  2. Bride of Pin*Bot (taken from a FB post - One of the first DLC tables - release date unknown)
  3. Cirqus Voltaire (taken from Facebook post on December 26 - release date unknown)
  4. Monster Bash (taken from Facebook post on February 7 - release date unknown)
  5. Attack from Mars (taken from Facebook post on February 7 - release date unknown)
  6. Creature from the Black Lagoon (taken from iOS release description on February 9 - release date unknown)
  7. Funhouse (taken from iOS release description on February 9 - release date unknown)
  8. Black Knight (taken from iOS release description on February 9 - release date unknown)
  9. Space Shuttle (taken from iOS release description on February 9 - release date unknown)
  10. Pin•bot (taken from iOS release description on February 9 - release date unknown)
  11. Big Shot (taken from iOS release description on February 9 - release date unknown)
  12. Either Dr. Dude or Earthshaker (taken from Gamezone interview with Bobby King on January 29 - released within first year)

Number 12 is definitely Dr. Dude as it was seen in the "making of" video. There has been no mention of Earthshaker except by Gamezone in their interview and it was asked about along with Dr. Dude (which is obviously the table Bobby King was referring to).

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah, I'm fairly certain it's Dr. Dude as well, but I want to keep the list as "confirmed" (and that would technically still be a rumor). I'll update it to say it's likely Dr. Dude though.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Yeah, I'm fairly certain it's Dr. Dude as well, but I want to keep the list as "confirmed" (and that would technically still be a rumor). I'll update it to say it's likely Dr. Dude though.

This is your thread, so I respect your decision.

John Shepherd

Mar 29, 2012
Farsight just confirmed that TAXI will be released.

Damn... I thought I was going to get the scoop on this! ... I was poking around inside the new iOS app file earlier this morning, and noticed there's a configuration file enclosed for a table called "NewTaxi", with a Williams manufacturer tag :)

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Is there an ETA on Taxi? I saw a reference to it when poking around the files on my iPhone but didn't want to mention anything here. I hope it's sooner rather than later as it was the big (personal) surprise favourite of WPC when I started playing it. Great game.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Is there an ETA on Taxi? I saw a reference to it when poking around the files on my iPhone but didn't want to mention anything here. I hope it's sooner rather than later as it was the big (personal) surprise favourite of WPC when I started playing it. Great game.

I wouldn't be surprised if Taxi (along with Cirqus Voltaire) was part of the next set of DLC tables following Medieval Madness and The Machine : Bride of Pin*Bot.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Today, in a response to another post on Facebook, Farsight said the following:
"Tee'd Off is going to require developing the tech needed to ROM emulate it. We'll want to get NGG out sooner."

That's definitely a semi-confirmation that those two tables are coming out at some point.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
All the speculation really reminds me of people guessing the songs Rock Band would be getting soon. There's so many people want, and it's such a trickle right now for release. But then you look at what Rock Band has now, and it's almost the opposite, where you kinda go "what else do they need to release?". It'll be fantastic when TPA gets to that point. For now though, the anticipation is killing me!

Oh, and Whirlwind in a combo pack with Earthshaker! please. Just sayin'.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
Today, in a response to another post on Facebook, Farsight said the following:
"Tee'd Off is going to require developing the tech needed to ROM emulate it. We'll want to get NGG out sooner."

That's definitely a semi-confirmation that those two tables are coming out at some point.

I'm curious about why it would need the tech to be developed, though. I found out they are working with the person who designed VPinMAME and it just seems a bit odd that something that is readily available for VPinMAME wouldn't be ready for Pinball Arcade. This is what confused me when I asked about early Stern as well. I was told that some tables wouldn't come right away becuase of the focus on ROM emulation and I misunderstood what this meant. I'm guessing that they need to make it work with their engine, it just seems odd that something already emulated in VPinMAME wouldn't be ready.

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I'm curious about why it would need the tech to be developed, though. I found out they are working with the person who designed VPinMAME and it just seems a bit odd that something that is readily available for VPinMAME wouldn't be ready for Pinball Arcade. This is what confused me when I asked about early Stern as well. I was told that some tables wouldn't come right away becuase of the focus on ROM emulation and I misunderstood what this meant. I'm guessing that they need to make it work with their engine, it just seems odd that something already emulated in VPinMAME wouldn't be ready.
I obviously can't speak for FarSight, but based on my experience as a code monkey, you are probably correct. They probably need to rework the ROM emulation to make it compatible with their multi-platform development environment. That's not something you'd want to code ten different times for the different target platforms.

The other possibility is that the particular chipset being emulated has idiosyncrasies that trip up some or all of the newer platforms. If you've ever dealt with ROM emulators for old video game systems, some games are very difficult or impossible to emulate because they relied on certain chipsets or instructions that do not translate well to current processors.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
The other possibility is that the particular chipset being emulated has idiosyncrasies that trip up some or all of the newer platforms. If you've ever dealt with ROM emulators for old video game systems, some games are very difficult or impossible to emulate because they relied on certain chipsets or instructions that do not translate well to current processors.

I don't think this is the case here. Gottlieb System 3 and the early Stern MPUs are less demanding than something like Stern Whitestar and a wide variety of games using them, including Tee'd Off are emulated. The reason I was wondering about the ROM tech in the first place is becuase I know Gottlieb System 3 and early Stern MPUs are emulated and don't require the latest computers.

Last edited:

Members online

Members online