Confirmed upcoming tables

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I know this, but I don't think it's the case here. Gottlieb System 3 and the early Stern MPUs are less demanding than something like Stern Whitestar and a wide variety of games using them, including Tee'd Off are emulated. I mentioned that the games are emulated in the last post, as well.
The older MPUs may be less demanding, but being older, their architecture is less similar to today's processors. Hence the chance of finding an oddball operation in the emulated instruction set or some weirdness in how that MPU worked generally (nonstandard memory addressing being the most common) that needs special-case code to be properly handled on a modern CPU is greater.

Whether that actually applies to the MPU on Tee'd Off or any other particular table, I have no idea. It's probably far more likely that the ROM emulation is fairly normal and FarSight just needs to get it into a form that is compatible with their multi-platform deployment process.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
The older MPUs may be less demanding, but being older, their architecture is less similar to today's processors. Hence the chance of finding an oddball operation in the emulated instruction set or some weirdness in how that MPU worked generally (nonstandard memory addressing being the most common) that needs special-case code to be properly handled on a modern CPU is greater.

I know this, but I mentioned before the games are emulated. I know there are issues and that there are different issues for different platforms, but I would think the hurdles would be a bit less for something that can be played on older and newer computers in Visual PinMAME. I want to hear from Farsight about this.

Whether that actually applies to the MPU on Tee'd Off or any other particular table, I have no idea.

I understand things can be hard to emulate and the tables take a lot of work, but I just find it a bit frustrating that it seemed all this stuff was in the works and things I thought would be a given aren't even ready yet.

I mean, a big chunk of Gottlieb is EMs, so I was hoping much of the focus would be there for Gottlieb, but it's not going to be until later (though I was told the ones from PHoF are in the plans, as well as the already announced Big Shot). Now I find out that their DMD games are later too. I know System 80 is emulated in Pinball Arcade with Black Hole. I'm just curious if anything from Gottlieb is coming soon. I was also a bit disappointed to find out that nothing from Microsoft Pinball Arcade is in the plans, despite Farsight calling the collection "Pinball Arcade".

I know Farsight has a lot of good stuff in the works, though.

Last edited:

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
Personally, I think Farsight is concentrating on the more popular tables first before moving on to lesser known/loved tables. Microsoft's recreation of Humpty Dumpty (1947) may be interesting from a historical standpoint but I can think of a 100+ pinball tables I would rather have instead. Same goes for Gottlieb tables in general, their highest ranked SS table on ipdb.org is Stargate at #36. The highest ranked EM table is Big Indian which based on its scores would fall somewhere between #19 and #41.

The lions share of initial tables will likely be from Williams and Bally based on the tables they have announced thus far.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
Personally, I think Farsight is concentrating on the more popular tables first before moving on to lesser known/loved tables. Microsoft's recreation of Humpty Dumpty (1947) may be interesting from a historical standpoint but I can think of a 100+ pinball tables I would rather have instead. Same goes for Gottlieb tables in general, their highest ranked SS table on ipdb.org is Stargate at #36. The highest ranked EM table is Big Indian which based on its scores would fall somewhere between #19 and #41.

The lions share of initial tables will likely be from Williams and Bally based on the tables they have announced thus far.

I'm well aware they are focusing on more popular SS tables, but I don't completely agree. The scores don't mean that much at ipdb, especially with all the reviewers giving out 2s and 3s for no good reason. I'm not interested in Humpty Dumpty, and I find the assumption based on me wanting EMs to be a bit frustrating. I mentioned in another post on this forum that the only games I'm interested in in Microsoft Pinball Arcade are Spirit of 76, Cue Ball Wizard, Haunted House, Knockout, and Slick Chick. Lesser known/loved? Gottlieb was one of the top companies for EMs and some of their games had over 10000 tables in production. Some of their SS games like Haunted House and Black Hole were fairly popular, as well. I think it's a waste if nothing new comes from the license, especially since Gottlieb PHOF, while having mostly solid tables, is lacking some of their best ones.

Anyway, I wanted to ask Farsight what is up with them not having the emulation ready for some games. The last thing I wanted was incorrect assumptions coming from it. I also wanted to know which emulation they did have ready, since it's obvious they have System 80 emulation, Stern Whitestar, System 11 (either ready or coming soon), and various Williams WPC.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Anyway, I wanted to ask Farsight what is up with them not having the emulation ready for some games. The last thing I wanted was incorrect assumptions coming from it. I also wanted to know which emulation they did have ready, since it's obvious they have System 80 emulation, Stern Whitestar, System 11 (either ready or coming soon), and various Williams WPC.

Well, while we're waiting for Farsight's response, there's no reason why we can't talk about it and spitball on the subject. That's what forums are for. Serenseven and ND3G were only trying to be helpful by sharing their thoughts and opinions, even if you feel they are "false assumptions"....

Anyway, while we're on the subject of Gottlieb.....I find Pinside's Top 100 to be a pretty accurate reflection of the tables that are most popular among the general pinhead populace, and it's interesting that there are only 3 machines from Gottlieb on the list:
http://pinside.com/pinball/top-100

With that said, I'd love to see more tables from Gottlieb in TPA down the road, especially Joker Poker, Royal Flush, and Haunted House.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
Well, while we're waiting for Farsight's response, there's no reason why we can't talk about it and spitball on the subject. That's what forums are for. Serenseven and ND3G were only trying to be helpful by sharing their thoughts and opinions, even if you feel they are "false assumptions"....

I'm sorry if I came off the wrong way. I know they were trying to be helpful, but I mentioned more than once that I already knew about issues with ROM emulation and still got told about it anyway. It was assumed that Humpty Dumpty was one of the games I wanted to see just becuase I mentioned Microsoft Pinball Arcade. I wasn't trying to prevent them from sharing their thoughts, but I didn't like how they were jumping to conclusions. I wanted to say something about it, but I don't know the right way to say it.

That list is interesting, but I didn't know Corvette was that Popular. I was surprised to see it ranked above High Speed. That list purposely left off EMs and it looks like they will be getting a seperate list soon, though.

Last edited:

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
Slick Chick

I have never seen or heard of this anywhere else, but based on the strength of its mention in the Special When Lit documentary alone I would be excited to see it. They go to the hovel of this pathetic psycho collector (hoarder) guy who lives in squalor and eats easy cheese out of the can and wears too small of a shirt so that his belly hangs out on the day he was going to appear in a movie who talks about how he has no job and all he does is collect and restore pins. He has a room filled with parts boxes and the whole bit. Anyway, at one point he says his all-time favorite table is Slick Chick. For it to be the fav of a dude like that... I gotta try it! :)

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
Anyway, the point I want to get across is that I'm a but surprised with what Farsight doesn't have ready. I know the EMs are coming later and it's expected and I know most later Gottlieb pins aren't as popular, but I was expecting some stuff to be ready, especially with some of the delays. Also, the main reason I thought there would be some stuff from Microsoft Pinball Arcade is becuase of the similar name. I know EMs are later, but Slick Chick and Spirit of 76 are both good ones. But I was expecting System 3 at least due to them trying to pursue licenses and Stargate being one of their more popular pins. They already have System 80 and it sounds like System 3 is an updated version? At least they have System 80 in place so Haunted House is possible. It's not just gottlieb I'm worried about, though. There are some early SS tables from Bally and Williams that are very fun to play (some of them also in EM form). Early Stern seems to be solid, as well. Black Knight was announced at least, but I definitely want to see stuff like Xenon. I know they have a lot to deal with, but I feel that they seriously need to get some more staff or some pinball designers to help with the game.

It seems Stern Harley Davidson is semi-confirmed. Does this mean the Bally one may come?

Last edited:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Today, in a response to another post on Facebook, Farsight said the following:
"Tee'd Off is going to require developing the tech needed to ROM emulate it. We'll want to get NGG out sooner."

That's definitely a semi-confirmation that those two tables are coming out at some point.

The PHOF Gottleib version was terrible - it didn't even use the original game's DMD. I'll gladly wait the extra time to get it perfect this time.

Tony C

Feb 20, 2012
Just because a system is emulated on VP, doesn't mean it can be done on another emulator. Things that work on Future Pinball don't work on Visual Pinball and vice versa. How much time was Farsight supposed to put into this project getting all of the pieces into place before they started trying to get some money out of it? The bills have to be paid, too.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
Just because a system is emulated on VP, doesn't mean it can be done on another emulator. Things that work on Future Pinball don't work on Visual Pinball and vice versa. How much time was Farsight supposed to put into this project getting all of the pieces into place before they started trying to get some money out of it? The bills have to be paid, too.

Isn't this beating a dead horse? I understand that the engine has to be designed around the emulated MPU and that VP, FP, and Pinball Arcade all use different engines. Many of the physical aspects can't be emulated and are simulated. Future Pinball doesn't even use rom emulation. Farsight put a lot of work into the project, but it's impossible for me to know everything they worked on without asking them. Also, the fact that something is emulated at all means it's possible to emulate, even though it takes a lot of work to get it into another engine.

I think I was too fast to make some assumptions, though. It's possible the ROM tech may have been referring to issues specific to Tee'd Off, especially since Tee'd Off does have a lot of fancy stuff on it. I also I heard that some Gottlieb boards are buggy and that may make them harder to work with, as well. I played a real Stargate. While it's an awesome game, it kept breaking down due to technical issues (I was able to get a full play in after it was fixed, but it looks like a bear to work on).

Last edited:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Isn't anyone updating the list on page 1 anymore? I added Gorgar to the thread with evidence nearly a week ago.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Isn't anyone updating the list on page 1 anymore? I added Gorgar to the thread with evidence nearly a week ago.

It's up to Gord, Jeff or Jan to update the list. I'm sure they'll get to it soon.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Wouldn't there be a release date already for the second DLC table pack. If MM and Bride were released early April, There should be some info on what tables will be released in May. That said it wouldn't matter as I have a PS3 version so the second pack wont be out until June for the consoles. Many of the confirmed tables have no release date and I know we will seeing any of the tables announced in the coming months. I just would like an idea of which ones.

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
I think we (and Farsight) should move away from the idea of "monthly" releases and instead refer to them as "ongoing" or "frequent" or something like that. Instead of the table of the month they should simply have the featured table.

There is no need to paint themselves into a corner and given the long approval times and the possibility of rejections Farsight cannot ensure tables will be released in such a consistent manner.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I think we (and Farsight) should move away from the idea of "monthly" releases and instead refer to them as "ongoing" or "frequent" or something like that. Instead of the table of the month they should simply have the featured table.

There is no need to paint themselves into a corner and given the long approval times and the possibility of rejections Farsight cannot ensure tables will be released in such a consistent manner.

Yes, FarSight needs to review their DLC schedule and make adjustments accordingly.

Trash Man

Apr 5, 2012
Where do you guys go for official information on upcoming tables? Focused mainly on the Xbox 360 version.

I know the game is out on several formats but I only play on the 360 and I know that game as not been out all that long but I'm looking forward to new tables already.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.