Details on PC Cabinet support for TPA

karl

May 10, 2012
My Cab is still only XP, so no DX11 for me yet on cab play. Will This thing work in the standard version of the game also?

Sorry if this has been answered before

Pinzzz

Jul 24, 2013
Can't wait to set this up in my mini pin cab.I hope it comes with instructions when available for the public.My dream set-up.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
Ok, that might not be an issue. I have BG images setup for my screen for VP. I may try to rename mine using Robert's naming conventions and give that a try. I am out of town now, but may give this a try this weekend.

I'm currently working on redoing the backgrounds to match the latest default setting we've settled on. Let me ask you is your vertical setup used to just see the dmd on the bottom section and you have cab speaker grill as part of the cab still tho? and how much of a gap before the artwork on the backglass starts since its vertical...and what resolution is your monitor running at?IF you could send me a pic as well I might be able to simulate it with mine and whip together a template for this kind of scenario pretty quickly.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
Can't wait to set this up in my mini pin cab.I hope it comes with instructions when available for the public.My dream set-up.

I'll probably try writing up a basic guide for each use case we end up being able to do.

I can tell you all right now we've settled on 1080x2200 as the defacto default backbuffer resolution with a vertical stretch value of the game window of 293
you can upscale that to 1.5x or 2x for supersampling but for aligment to work thats where we're working from.

I think even if NoEx ends up coding support for 3 monitor setups I think its going to be a requirement that the 2 displays sharing the play field be on the same video card or you'll end with tearing etc.
Due to the less than perfect way that aligning monitors in your display properties are..every setup with be slightly skewed left or right. NoEx is coding in the ability to shift the backglasses abit left or right to compensate for this that is saved to the ini file.
Every unique setup,2 screen, 3 screen 2 screen but both vertical etc will require its own unique media pack. I'll probably maintain 2 and 3 screen default ones and can help with templates for others but it will require some community support for those other setups.

and since every month the exe changes and it breaks the current version of the mod this is all predicated on NoEx's continued interest and time so here's hoping that lasts as long as the table packs are being released ;-)

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
I'm currently working on redoing the backgrounds to match the latest default setting we've settled on. Let me ask you is your vertical setup used to just see the dmd on the bottom section and you have cab speaker grill as part of the cab still tho? and how much of a gap before the artwork on the backglass starts since its vertical...and what resolution is your monitor running at?IF you could send me a pic as well I might be able to simulate it with mine and whip together a template for this kind of scenario pretty quickly.

That would be great! I can get you a pick this weekend. I am currently on the road. The screen shows a BG image that includes a
grill and speakers. The monitor barely fits the back box, so there was no room for a real DMD or speaker grill.

speedfreakz

Mar 15, 2014
Or it would mean they would no longer be allowed to digitize tables that they knew would be popular (i.e. modern Sterns).

They did the math, and any sales they lose through dropping cab support is always going to be a lot less than what they'd make by having, say, a digitized version of Metallica or Star Trek available on iOS and Android.

Yeah there's butt hurt but business is business.

Like I said before - I think their cab is ready to go, at least into some kind of public alpha/beta. And I'm speculating that it got to the point where they were having meetings about it and certain points came up about how to monetize it, etc. and management got cold feet, decided to check their licenses, and some heavy weight came down from on high, probably with the initials "G.S." on it somewhere.

This is as accurate as the public will ever see

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
OK so this time Its time to celebrate!
happy-friday-dance-3.gif

Head on over to the FreeCameraMod subforum NoEx has released his Mod with backglass support!
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/10199-DOWNLOAD-Pinball-Arcade-Free-Camera-Mod

I've created a couple threads within the subforum if anyone needs any help or has any questions I'll try and answer them there if preferred.

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
OK so this time Its time to celebrate!
happy-friday-dance-3.gif

Head on over to the FreeCameraMod subforum NoEx has released his Mod with backglass support!
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/10199-DOWNLOAD-Pinball-Arcade-Free-Camera-Mod

I've created a couple threads within the subforum if anyone needs any help or has any questions I'll try and answer them there if preferred.

Awesome! Thanks NoEx and Robert. I can't wait to get back home and give this a try. Robert, when I get back I still owe you a photo of my cab and resolution settings (backglass monitor in Portrait). I appreciate all the work you put into this.

Pinzzz

Jul 24, 2013
So,For this to work.I will need pinballX?.
I just run the game from steam on my mini cab pin with 2 monitors with no camera mod or anything right now.
Anyone coming to Las Vegas,NV anytime soon?.lol

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
no you don't need pinballx at all..but its compatible
all you need for a two monitor setup is the mod, camera files(or tweak your own) media files(tweaked for your setup if you don't use the default setup)

Pinzzz

Jul 24, 2013
I got it up and running.But I cant select 2200,3300,4400.It shows 2160 among other numbers in drop down window.If I manually type in 2200.It does not save that.And the dmd is a little off to the right?.

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
So is a 1600 by 1200 backglass monitor necessary for this to work? I experimented for an hour or so with my 1280 x 1000 (or thereabouts) backglass monitor and couldn't get the dmd in the right spot.

I'm not complaining. This is an amazing effort from you guys. Totally approve!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts