DLC Release Date

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
From FarSights Facebook site:

"We would appreciate just a little more patience by our Xbox 360 players. We know how frustrated you guys are. We are very disappointed that the add-on content has not been made available yet. Add-on packs 1 and 2 were approved in May while the title update was in submission. Microsoft has not answered us yet as to why you cannot purchase this DLC.

The update to the launch tables is also on hold for a few more days, but it should be released by Thursday at the latest.

Unfortunately, we can not go into more details about the cause of these delays and all of the issues in getting Tuesday's title update approved. Technically, FarSight is not the publisher on Xbox. This and our NDA with Microsoft has a developer limits what we can say publicly. We are, however, doing our best to get the game released as soon as possible.

It is also unfortunate that there has been a growing number of comments on this facebook page that many users (as well as members of the development team) have found offensive and demoralizing. It is our policy to allow for everyone to speak freely as long as there are no personal attacks against one another or extremely offensive language used. We have stated this in the past several times. We will continue to be very lenient in regard to criticisms of FarSight and towards the Pinball Arcade, however we are past the point of simply warning individuals who are disruptive to those of you who visit this page for information about our game in general and come here for friendly and often interesting conversations about all things pinball.

Thanks for your understanding. We sincerely hope that the updates for 360 are imminent."

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Well, at least we'll get the update by Thursday, at the latest. Hopefully we'll hear something about the DLC. I don't really care that much why it's been delayed so often. All I care about right now is when it will be available.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
once it is said thursday, then tuesday.. hmmmm...

"Tuesday" was in reference to the Title Update that was released this past Tuesday. FarSight has only referenced the Optional Update that should be available by next Thursday. The release of the DLC Table Packs is still up in the air at the moment.

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
"Tuesday" was in reference to the Title Update that was released this past Tuesday. FarSight has only referenced the Optional Update that should be available by next Thursday. The release of the DLC Table Packs is still up in the air at the moment.

title update, optional update, thursday, tuesday... it's easy to get confused ;) anyhoo, thanks for clarifying :)

DJ Clae

Jun 17, 2012
When the DLC is out I am going to post on the gaming forum I frequent and send a message to all the TPA players on my friends list.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
@SilverBalls: first, I think many people who bought TBA were looking forward updates. It's what they were promised, so not delivering (whatever the reason) is bad for the project. And then, you say most players don't care because they don't play the game at all by now, and therefore won't even notice the "there is an update whoops no there isn't" message - but how is that a good thing? Because of the lack of updates, those people turned away from the game and may never come back. Why would they? It's been quiet for more than three months now.

I don't think at this point it's that hard to admit the situation of this game in regard of the 360 audience is very, very bad. The people here know the reasons and will mostly keep up until everything is solved, but many others would have gone to other things and forgotten about the game when it finally unlocks.

I didn't say 'most players don't care because they don't play the game at all by now'. There are a lot of games myself that I visit maybe once a week or once a fortnight - games like Kinect Sport and even Pinball FX, and there are a lot of people like that. It doesn't mean I don't rate the game, it due to lack of time so I play my favourite games more instead like PA and VP in my pinball cab. There will be a huge number of people like that for who PA won't be there favourite game, and it is these people who won't be aware of the delays.

Like many on here I get fed up reading the complaints about PA but the people complaining are in small numbers. 100-200 people at a guess.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I don't mean to be unappreciative or look down on Farsight at all. I just meant that it looks bad, regardless of the reason. The company has my sympathy, because as far as I can tell they are doing their best in the face of adversity.

Sorry DJ Clae - I can see I obviously misread your post. I still think the numbers of people that will have bad impression of FS are still low in comparison to the total number of users of the game, but I my criticism of you was unjustified.

Aurel

Jul 27, 2012
Something interresting would have been to offer some TPA's Williams tables to the PHAF owners or at least some discounts (by memory save check for exemple).
Not a good idea? lol

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Something interresting would have been to offer some TPA's Williams tables to the PHAF owners or at least some discounts (by memory save check for exemple).
Not a good idea? lol
You are correct: not a good idea. $2.50 a table is a bargain as it is. We don't need further discounts.

Aurel

Jul 27, 2012
Not sure about that. This kind of operation can be very helpfull for business.
I don't say 2.5$ is too expensive for these tables (I play more often TPA than many others games I bought 60€)
But I think Farsight could earn more money with such promotionnal operation.
It has many advantages, keep in mind :
- PHOF buyers are all potentials TPA buyers
- many PHOF buyers should have been quite disapointed by the physical aspect of PHOF (I'm sorry but the ball in PHOF..., and the slowdowns...).
- some discount for the tables they already buyed in PHOF would have been very welcome and it is a good step for buying more tables.

So I think it would be a very good promotion for TPA and would bring more freindship for Farsight (and more money too)

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
that's maybe not such a bad idea, as it goes, Aurel. I'd welcome something like that for table already available on PHOF. I think it would be good marketing, and good PR to smooth the "we're 6 months late, and here, buy the same thing twice".. yes I know it's not exactly the same thing twice, but considering that no-one on this board has TPA on only 1 device, no-one on this board isn't not going to buy the DLC, offering existing PHOF owners the duplicated tables at 50% off would be pretty cool.

Of course I know they're in business to make as much money as possible so it would never happen but hey, I'm a dreamer.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
This might be something to consider for the future - offer the core pack at a discount, so those on the fence finally take the plunge. Zen does that once in a while with their non-Marvel packs, and many other developers do the same thing (I recently bought Ms Splosion Man after it was offered for 400 msp). However, I don't think TPA has been out long enough to do that yet.
Offering discounts on duplicated PHOF tables for PHOF owners would be too complicated, especially since WPHOF didn't sell all that well.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
You guys do realize the pricing of the HoF tables ARE less than the newly released tables right? $1.99 for the old, $3.99 for the new. $4.99 for the 2 pack. But of course, they don't split them on the console, so this isn't apparent.

Last edited:

Ozzpot

May 5, 2012
Even if they did think this was a good idea, how exactly would they accomplish it? Every way I can think of seems too complicated, especially when the basics of releasing DLC at all seems to be a problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts