DLC Release Date

karl

May 10, 2012
All the packs are ready. My guess is that they will send them all in at the same time in one title update and then release one or two packs each month. Microsoft also has a saying in when each pack will be released but Farsight will only have to pay once for the title update. I seem to remember something about Microsoft allowing one free title update each year (I could be wrong) and if that is the case there will be nothing to pay at all (if they will still come out as packs to the original TPA and not a brand new game, TPA2)

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
All the packs are ready. My guess is that they will send them all in at the same time in one title update and then release one or two packs each month. Microsoft also has a saying in when each pack will be released but Farsight will only have to pay once for the title update. I seem to remember something about Microsoft allowing one free title update each year (I could be wrong) and if that is the case there will be nothing to pay at all (if they will still come out as packs to the original TPA and not a brand new game, TPA2)
I read somewhere that they will offer all the packs at once for a nice discount. Whether that means we'll get them all at once, or have to wait for them to be individually released (a la the Season Passes) we'll have to wait and see.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Official announcement:

"As most of you know, we have been unable to release new table packs for the Xbox 360 since our Microsoft publisher declared bankruptcy last year. We finally have some good news to report- the publisher (Fillpoint/Crave Entertainment) has now filed a reorganization plan with the court and is scheduled to emerge from bankruptcy this summer. When this occurs we will submit all of the unreleased table packs to Microsoft for approval and release. We plan to offer discounted Season Packs on the 360 to make it easy for our 360 customers to get caught up on tables. Thank you for your patience as we’ve worked to get this issue resolved- it’s been as frustrating for us as it’s been for you!"

heavydskipp

May 31, 2012
Official announcement:

"As most of you know, we have been unable to release new table packs for the Xbox 360 since our Microsoft publisher declared bankruptcy last year. We finally have some good news to report- the publisher (Fillpoint/Crave Entertainment) has now filed a reorganization plan with the court and is scheduled to emerge from bankruptcy this summer. When this occurs we will submit all of the unreleased table packs to Microsoft for approval and release. We plan to offer discounted Season Packs on the 360 to make it easy for our 360 customers to get caught up on tables. Thank you for your patience as we’ve worked to get this issue resolved- it’s been as frustrating for us as it’s been for you!"

I can live with this.Let it rain my friends. Hurry up and take my money...

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
This now makes a little more sense that it has been taking so much time. Trying to put a reorg together can take a while. Probably needed to restructure debts and loans. I bet the court and interested parties probably also came to the realization that Crave's business deals were not worth very much money without Crave.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
A company I worked for in '98 had financial difficulties, and had to call in financial administrators. However as it was intended the company should continue, pending a massive restructure, they were put into 'Chapter 11' and allowed to continue with strict guidance.
Yet not a days business was lost.

Seems odd to shut down operations for 9 months then re emerge. And what about the new publisher Farsight chose?

Well the results all that matters I guess.
Glad that Xbox will finally get it's tables.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Official announcement:

Jeff, thanks for the heads up.

As a 360 only player at the moment, I feel this makes no difference to me now, as I will shortly be migrating to the PC version and/or PS4 version when both are released.

That is unless FarSight intentionally delay releasing on those platforms in order to cash-in a little on the 360 first (which will no doubt be a consideration).

Of course, the whole platform release schedule has been carefully manipulated in order to maximize sales. That's farely obvious and makes perfect business sense, I know. But I don't think sales on mobile platforms would have been anywhere near as high, had TPA first appeared in a high-end capacity on the PC.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
3lxpc.jpg

:D

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
So does that mean that they will still be using Crave as their publisher? I was really happy to see that they had originally found a different publisher because Crave didn't seem to be doing a stellar job even when they didn't have any bankruptcy issues.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
So does that mean that they will still be using Crave as their publisher? I was really happy to see that they had originally found a different publisher because Crave didn't seem to be doing a stellar job even when they didn't have any bankruptcy issues.
I'm wondering about this too. We'll probably never be privy to any discussions FS had with other potential publishers, if any, but I'm a little surprised that it looks like they're sticking with Crave, after all this.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Ding dong, the witch is dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not trying to sound snarky, but summer is here so I'm guessing we'll be seeing updates hopefully in July. I've got over 4K msp (and will be accumulating more) to get the 'new to xboxers' tables.

McGuirk - Dude, you gotta get a signature picture of Myxlzptlk (sp?) yelling your name.............classic :D

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
Still debating between abandoning the 360 for PC. PC is what I was certain on till this announcement, now, I dunno. After all, updates and bug fixes were few and far apart due to the way MS did things, where as on Steam they should be pretty readily available. On the othe rhand, I already own 10 tables on 360.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
360 release imminent (Late August is my guess) and it's going to be all tables at once... that makes me happy.

Honestly. iOS kept me held over, and I ended up enjoying that version so much, but there is nothing like having a lag free console version to play. And getting 30 tables at once is going to be incredible.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I'm pretty stoked about having a timeframe announced. This ordeal was testing even my patience. I'll be lined up at the hamster feeder eager to drink from the pinball arcsde fountain

bugged1

Sep 29, 2012
summer!! lol,, dont hold your breath folks, season packs?? hell we might get 4 more tables by the time the new consoles are out!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts