DLC Release Date

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
All Add-Ons for The Pinball Arcade have been removed from XBLA. Prepping for a relaunch?

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
Hmmm. Weird. Usually that happens when the original rights deal runs out so Microsoft doesn't have the rights to sell the game anymore. Strange that the game itself is still there though. You would think it would be all or nothing.

Anyone from Farsight want to comment on this? Is this known to you guys?

It it complete coincidence that this happened the night before (presumably) the next newsletter is coming out.

Do you know how long the add-on packs have been gone Pin Wiz?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Hmmm. Weird. Usually that happens when the original rights deal runs out so Microsoft doesn't have the rights to sell the game anymore. Strange that the game itself is still there though. You would think it would be all or nothing.

Anyone from Farsight want to comment on this? Is this known to you guys?

It it complete coincidence that this happened the night before (presumably) the next newsletter is coming out.

Do you know how long the add-on packs have been gone Pin Wiz?

No, it's been awhile since I looked at The Pinball Arcade's page on XBLA.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Me thinks this is the beginning. IT HAS BEGUN.

Tables pulled to restructure in new pricing model. We may be less than a month away !!! Cross your fingers.

karl

May 10, 2012
Yes, very interesting, indeed. There must be a reason for this. Maybe the court thing is further along than we know of. If that means I will have to run up to the attic and get my xbox sooner than I was led to believe, you will get no complaints from me

Benji Smith

Jun 30, 2013
Me thinks this is the beginning. IT HAS BEGUN.

Tables pulled to restructure in new pricing model. We may be less than a month away !!! Cross your fingers.

Laugh, I see these kind of thoughts pop up all the time after lurking, there will never be any decent DLC on the xbox 360. Sucks cause the PS3 triggers are complete shiat. Ios or android, don't even talk to me

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Laugh, I see these kind of thoughts pop up all the time after lurking, there will never be any decent DLC on the xbox 360. Sucks cause the PS3 triggers are complete shiat. Ios or android, don't even talk to me

Inspirational first post - thank you for your stella inside knowledge.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
Seems like 360 DLC is more likely then ever now in light of their most recent comment from the T2 Kickstarter FAQ about the Xbox One:

We're waiting to see if Microsoft relaxes its policies on only allowing retail publishers to publish digital games on Xbox One before making a decision on whether to support it. The publishing problems we've had on the Xbox 360 have been very frustrating for our customers. Even before our 360 publisher filed for bankruptcy there were many delays and complications caused by having an unnecessary middle-man between us and the platform. We certainly don't want a repeat of that- our fans deserve better!

They'll want to make sure that they get caught up on the 360 since all One adopters might not see TPA there (which would suck - I really hope MS gets with it and sees all the similar criticisms from developers about this non self-publishing nonsense).

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Seems like 360 DLC is more likely then ever now in light of their most recent comment from the T2 Kickstarter FAQ about the Xbox One:

We're waiting to see if Microsoft relaxes its policies on only allowing retail publishers to publish digital games on Xbox One before making a decision on whether to support it. The publishing problems we've had on the Xbox 360 have been very frustrating for our customers. Even before our 360 publisher filed for bankruptcy there were many delays and complications caused by having an unnecessary middle-man between us and the platform. We certainly don't want a repeat of that- our fans deserve better!

They'll want to make sure that they get caught up on the 360 since all One adopters might not see TPA there (which would suck - I really hope MS gets with it and sees all the similar criticisms from developers about this non self-publishing nonsense).

I see no reason why TPA won't be released on the One. Can FS make more money by self publishing? Yes. Can they make money on the One by going through publisher? Yes. Will they make any money on the One without a publisher? No.

Canadian365

Jun 26, 2012
Well this may be the nail in the coffin for T2 Kickstarter! Hope not...
P.S. Still waiting for my STTNG Kickstarter $100 backer reward!

Jan 6, 2013
Guys i really want to donate money t2 kickstarter so bad but i need to know these tables are coming out for the 360,i wont be getting a new console anytime soon.It feels like they have been saying any day now or next month for a year now but still no tables.I just dont know what to do.This is a hard choice for people who just own the 360.I know they say that there real close but they have been saying that.F.s. please tell us something more than maybe late summer!

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
There's nothing more to tell. The problem is, after the STTNG kickstarter, Crave went bankrupt. Microsoft only deals through publishers, so Farsight was stuck. In the meantime, they've been piling up updates and new DLC, and working with courts and a new publisher (who I'd guess will probably work with them on the Xbox One or something). In the meantime, Crave came out under new management on a creditor approved plan.

Problem is, there's a ton of stuff Microsoft has to approve (and they're busy approving Xbox One content), Crave has to show some numbers to the court and creditors, and the whole thing could easily go south at any minute. It's fragile, and completely unknown if it'll last until the T2 redemption kicks in. Hopefully so, but since Crave unexpectedly went belly up...

If it doesn't, well, Farsight did make a promise to those who wanted the 360 to switch - and they have a number of platforms to choose from - iOS, Android, PC (you obviously have one!), Mac, PS3, Wii U, Ouya, Kindle.

Today, late summer is the best time because of positive movements in the bankruptcy. Before, it was just on a wing and a prayer.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Ive said it before and ill say it again, why dont FS just release a new version of TPA on XBLA and call is TPA2 or something under their new publisher.....i for one would be much happier with that and wouldn't mind re-buying the 'few' tables i bought on TPA 1 (if i wanted too) if it ment actually getting new DLC...is been almost a year now since the last DLC on the 360 for goodness sake!!

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I have no idea what you're trying to say, Worf.

Are you saying there's a chance we still will never see 360 dlc ever? I think that's silly. Farsight has said time and time again it's coming, and it would be tragic and a huge waste of money since Farsight has been building 360 tables for the past year and a half.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Ive said it before and ill say it again, why dont FS just release a new version of TPA on XBLA and call is TPA2 or something under their new publisher.....i for one would be much happier with that and wouldn't mind re-buying the 'few' tables i bought on TPA 1 (if i wanted too) if it ment actually getting new DLC...is been almost a year now since the last DLC on the 360 for goodness sake!!

Renaming the game would not relieve FS of their contractual obligations to Crave.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts