DLC Release Date

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Guys i really want to donate money t2 kickstarter so bad but i need to know these tables are coming out for the 360,i wont be getting a new console anytime soon.It feels like they have been saying any day now or next month for a year now but still no tables.I just dont know what to do.This is a hard choice for people who just own the 360.I know they say that there real close but they have been saying that.F.s. please tell us something more than maybe late summer!

Ive said it before and ill say it again, why dont FS just release a new version of TPA on XBLA and call is TPA2 or something under their new publisher.....i for one would be much happier with that and wouldn't mind re-buying the 'few' tables i bought on TPA 1 (if i wanted too) if it ment actually getting new DLC...is been almost a year now since the last DLC on the 360 for goodness sake!!

Farsight would need to liquidate their company. Incorporate a different company, re-negotiate the rights to all the pinball tables....oops, those are exclusive rights, and those are also tied up in bankruptcy court. Really, the only way that Farsights hands could be more literally tied is if they were, in fact, literally tied.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
I have no idea what you're trying to say, Worf.

Are you saying there's a chance we still will never see 360 dlc ever? I think that's silly. Farsight has said time and time again it's coming, and it would be tragic and a huge waste of money since Farsight has been building 360 tables for the past year and a half.

Yes, there's a chance still. One of the creditors might decide they aren't happy and force liquidation of Crave. It's unlikely because it means they'll get less money, but you never know.

Farsight's hands are tied in this matter - they have a contractual obligation to Crave, and if Crave folds, the bankruptcy court will then have to do an asset sell-off. Farsight's contract is an asset (it's an exclusive right to publish). By the time it's all said and done, the Xbox One might be all that's left, so even if Farsight wanted to release an Xbox360 table, they couldn't because Microsoft isn't selling it anymore.

How likely is this? Very unlikely - remember, the creditors approved the plan because doing so generally means they get more money than just a simple asset sell off (because the company will be pulling in money). The court has approved a restructuring, which means all creditors agreed to the plan and want to see it executed. It's also unlikely one will get cold feet for at least a year - they understand it'll take time to rebuild the company and look forward to at least seeing what happens in a year.

Farsight's continuation of development doesn't mean a thing. It's just that everyone is optimistic something will happen. Farsight even lined up a new publisher, just in case, which hopefully means Crave is only for the Xbox360, so they'll use the new publisher for the One. It's just that there's enough demand on the 360 to make it worthwhile to go through the motions of everything, knowing someone somewhere will probably allow it through.

Remember, it only takes ONE a**hole to mess it up. Logically, everything will happen as planned. But it just takes one irrational person...

Jan 6, 2013
Centaur II is exactly the same as the first Centaur except for the half-height backbox. There is absolutely zero difference in the gameplay.
You know what you are right i have played it once long time ago.i just went on youtube to check it out and saw they are the same .It has been years since i played it but i thought they were different

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I fired up my 360 for some tpa for the first time in a long time last night. Played some rbion since that was my most neglected table back when 360 was my primary platform and loved every second of it. Damn I even got some letters for the multiball continents, which I think was a first for me. Then some MM. Despite the art issue between the flippers and the dragon ramp speed issue I had a blast on this tabke too

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
Yeah, that's the shame of the whole 360 publishing fiasco. As of right now, it seems as if the 360 version is the one to play, but that's all torpedoed by the fact that it only has 10 tables. Like you said, I still really enjoy playing it, and have even been pushing it to friends of mine, but it's a tough sell when you have to say that there are only 4 tables out there available now that the DLC has been pulled.

I really hope we hear something about Crave's restructuring effort soon!

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
All I can say is that Farsight better offer an amazing discount for the upcoming DLC. We who own the xbox360 have suffered enough.

Because FarSight has suffered financially due to the bankruptcy of Crave's parent company then that means that they should offer an amazing discount? Not sure how that adds up. :confused:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
All I can say is that Farsight better offer an amazing discount for the upcoming DLC. We who own the xbox360 have suffered enough.

Season pass.

And that's good enough. I haven't suffered since I'm fully addicted to the iPhone version. But I understand without a mobile phone or tablet how crappy this must be.

Regardless think about how awesome it's going to be having 20-30 brand new machines to play at once. I didn't forget how awesome this is to play on console.

Anyways it is the middle of July. Farsight needs to update us on the situation.

Gigabomber

Jul 4, 2013
Because FarSight has suffered financially due to the bankruptcy of Crave's parent company then that means that they should offer an amazing discount? Not sure how that adds up. :confused:

It adds up if they are interested in doing a favor for people that have been waiting while potentially getting more backers for future tables on kickstarter, but I think we see your point as well.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Season pass.

And that's good enough. I haven't suffered since I'm fully addicted to the iPhone version. But I understand without a mobile phone or tablet how crappy this must be.

Regardless think about how awesome it's going to be having 20-30 brand new machines to play at once. I didn't forget how awesome this is to play on console.

Anyways it is the middle of July. Farsight needs to update us on the situation.

I'm sure we'll see an update in the next newsletter. That would be great as I have no plans to jump to a new console anytime soon.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I think MS will have to roll out their self publishing program to the 360 before FS will be able to tell us anything.

If there's one thing I've learned about game release information, it's that when they say, for example, August, it's usually closer to the middle or end of the month than earlier, unless it's a "big ticket" game like Madden or Call of Duty where exact dates are better known.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Honestly,at this point I just might wait. For me,especially after all of the concessions that MS has done concerning the Xbox One - that is the system I really want - mainly for the games. I would have already caved in & preordered the thing....except for TPA.

The next-gen lighting & graphics look incredible on the PS4. It should look the same on the XOne,since the hardware is so closely matched. I have saved a bunch of MS points hoping for the day I'd get TPA back on the 360.

If it doesn't happen soon,though - I just might bite the bullet & wait for next-gen. I've waited this long...what is another month or two?

I know this much at least....next gen or not - there are still a lot of 360 gamers that will be around - at least until the One gets down to a reasonable price.So you WILL see TPA again on the 360. The only question is when???

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
starting to agree with the above.....

given the rapidly approaching Xbone release and inability to port live arcade games over, I might just bite the bullet and get the new DLC on the new console and forget about the 360 completely :eek:

certainly not what I planned to do, but then I never expected the 360 situation to drag out this long. I've not used the Xbox in 6 months!!!

the only other consideration is the PC release - will have to wait and see. For now my nexus 7 is getting all the action.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts