DLC Release Date

mkulczyc

Jul 16, 2013
My God I hope it's soon as I'm starving for new tables on my 360 system. However, I still plan to purchase the PC version of TPA as soon as it comes out as well.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
My God I hope it's soon as I'm starving for new tables on my 360 system. However, I still plan to purchase the PC version of TPA as soon as it comes out as well.

I will definitely support both platforms, though I'll sooner support the new 360 dlc.
For now, my nexus 7 and sixaxis are doing the trick.

utblick

Feb 14, 2013
Fingers crossed for a release in september. Then I'm hoping to play on Xbox 360 for at least a year.

Quizzed by OXM on how much longer the platform holder will be supporting the Xbox 360, corporate VP of Microsoft Studios Phil Spencer said: "Years. Last generation was different for us, we moved pretty quickly. This time, you will see us staying committed to the Xbox 360."

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Fingers crossed for a release in september. Then I'm hoping to play on Xbox 360 for at least a year.

Quizzed by OXM on how much longer the platform holder will be supporting the Xbox 360, corporate VP of Microsoft Studios Phil Spencer said: "Years. Last generation was different for us, we moved pretty quickly. This time, you will see us staying committed to the Xbox 360."

I thought that the biggest reason that they dropped support for the original box so quickly was because it was completely compromised. I think there were more people selling modded xboxes with huge hard drives filled with illegally copied games than there were retailers selling unmodded consoles. The 360 should be a money maker for MS for years to come.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
I thought that the biggest reason that they dropped support for the original box so quickly was because it was completely compromised. I think there were more people selling modded xboxes with huge hard drives filled with illegally copied games than there were retailers selling unmodded consoles. The 360 should be a money maker for MS for years to come.

That was part of it. The console itself was very expensive to produce also. The 360 will be around for a few more years for sure.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012

MichRX7

Aug 2, 2012
Well, I did see this interesting facebook exchange on that link you posted Niceguy...

Karl Berner Does this mean that XBOX legal hurdles are clear, or is this just in anticipation of their being cleared?
Like · Reply · 10 · 16 hours ago

The Pinball Arcade This is not a confirmation of anything, we were removed from the market pending the bankruptcy case to clear, but it's still a platform we intend to release and actively develop for. We have all of our tables developed for it, as soon as we can release them we will.
Like · 13 · 15 hours ago

utblick

Feb 14, 2013
And then they continued:
The Pinball Arcade The problem is that microsoft has the right to say who can and can't legally release a product for use on their system, their current stance on 360 is that only certified publishers can release on the platform, we had one of those who held the license to do so, and in their bankruptcy that license to publish is considered an asset, which essentially freezes it. We can't do anything with it at this point, once the court releases that asset or allows the publisher to proceed with releasing content again, we'll be good to go.

Gigabomber

Jul 4, 2013
And then they continued:
The Pinball Arcade [...] and in their bankruptcy that license to publish is considered an asset, which essentially freezes it. We can't do anything with it at this point, once the court releases that asset or allows the publisher to proceed with releasing content again, we'll be good to go.

So the whole topic I made about their announcement that they will self-publish the game in August was entirely bull**** then. Thanks for posting this, another brick in the wall.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
the question I need answering from FS is whether the Xbone version is exempt from the existing publisher. The fact that nothing has been announced makes me think that Crave hold the Xbone license too.

SteWieH

Jul 11, 2012
well with the xbone publishers are no longer required they can independently publish it. which means they dont need crave this time to publish stuff

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
well with the xbone publishers are no longer required they can independently publish it. which means they dont need crave this time to publish stuff

But that means nothing if Crave's contract includes all MS consoles and not just the 360. That might be why FS has hinted at the end of the year. Maybe that's when the contract is up?

Gigabomber

Jul 4, 2013
But that means nothing if Crave's contract includes all MS consoles and not just the 360. That might be why FS has hinted at the end of the year. Maybe that's when the contract is up?

to me, it's pretty clear that we can't depend on what Farsight directly states, so I'm not holding my breath on any lukewarm hints.

utblick

Feb 14, 2013
more info:
The Pinball Arcade Unfortunately we are still waiting on our publisher in light of the self-publishing misunderstanding.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Well, I caved in.

I have preordered the Xbox One. Hopefully FS will be able to self publish on that platform, so I can get my console tables there. Because at this point, TPA on 360 is DOA.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Well, I caved in.

I have preordered the Xbox One. Hopefully FS will be able to self publish on that platform, so I can get my console tables there. Because at this point, TPA on 360 is DOA.

DOA seems to be a true statement. I'm going the PC route. I may need to upgrade my desktop since there's no hope for my laptop-thanks Intel mobile 4 series family chip set! (Sarcasm)

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Well, I caved in.

Why not get a PS4? Hundred bucks cheaper, more powerful and confirmed launch pinball arcade ?

I admit I'm gunna miss Forza, Crimson Dragon and Killer Instinct, but I'm saying for pinball arcade specifically... Farsight has been moot on an Xbox One release and given this close to launch that doesn't instill confidence...

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Why not get a PS4? Hundred bucks cheaper, more powerful and confirmed launch pinball arcade ?

I admit I'm gunna miss Forza, Crimson Dragon and Killer Instinct, but I'm saying for pinball arcade specifically... Farsight has been moot on an Xbox One release and given this close to launch that doesn't instill confidence...

Well, I can't afford both systems. At least initially,there are more games coming out for the XOne that I want more so than the PS4. At the moment,the only thing that I'd want on the PS4 would be TPA,and again that only if I know for sure that TPA is done on the Xbox platforms. Also,since Rock Band has stopped DLC songs for it - I have like $30 in MS dollars that has been earmarked for TPA on the 360. Hopefully,that is what the funds will be used for.

I've been playing enough TPA on my iPad to hold me over for now. If we haven't heard anything about the Xbox One/360 status of TPA by then - then I'll either upgrade my PC to use TPA on it or start saving for a PS4.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.