Doctor Who Kickstarter

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
Okay, folks, let me set the record straight.

Yes, I am the same Trackball from those comments on the Kickstarter page.

To help prove it's me, here's a photo of my pledge--and since regular screencaps are easily photoshopped, I took it with my phone. http://i.imgur.com/FtBw2T6.jpg

Here's a photo of my pledge; I also took it with my phone.
http://i.imgur.com/IHtVe3m.jpg

I must have succeeded, because some of his comments are gone
Also some of your comments are gone. Why?

Sadly, it seems one Curtis W. Milam has been punished as well, when he didn't deserve to...
I saw the gibberish Curtis was posting, he totally deserved it.

Yes, I've played Visual/Future Pinball
Good for you, but why did you say that in the KS comments? Now everyone reading those comments know about those simulators. And weren't you also saying in the KS comments that it's illegal to play that game?
You seem to contradict yourself.

PS. The pic above is not my actual pledge, it's to show that it's easy to alter numbers.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Just fair warning...please do not attempt to pull the shenanigans that took place in the Dr Who Kickstarter comments section on this forum. I'm not singling anyone out...just giving fair warning.

PinballGrump

Jan 15, 2016
I've noticed that the developers have published an update on the Addams Family Kickstarter about the Doctor Who table, but not on the previous ones. I think they should also post about it on the other previous projects because not all backers who backed them necessarily also backed the Addams Family.

elcondor

Mar 3, 2015
I've approached as many people as I can think of that have connections to Dr. Who, and a high profile British comedian who backed the Addams Family campaign, not sure how much that will do though.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
I'm going to Gallifrey One, the largest Dr Who convention in the US on the last 2 days of the kickstarter. It's in LA a couple miles southeast of Farsight in Big Bear. If it still struggling the last week, TPA might want to go and gin up some interest.

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
I'm going to Gallifrey One, the largest Dr Who convention in the US on the last 2 days of the kickstarter. It's in LA a couple miles southeast of Farsight in Big Bear. If it still struggling the last week, TPA might want to go and gin up some interest.
____
66 percent left...keep them 'pebbles' pouring eh. ;)

PinballGrump

Jan 15, 2016
Another thing they could do to help promote the project is an AMA on reddit about themselves and the project.

Also, why not have temporarily in-game an icon on the main menu of The Pinball Arcade which directs to the Kickstarter. The icon could say "Help fund our next table for The Pinball Arcade". Guns of Icarus did something similar for one of their Kickstarters by having an icon on the main menu in-game.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Another thing they could do to help promote the project is an AMA on reddit about themselves and the project.

Also, why not have temporarily in-game an icon on the main menu of The Pinball Arcade which directs to the Kickstarter. The icon could say "Help fund our next table for The Pinball Arcade". Guns of Icarus did something similar for one of their Kickstarters by having an icon on the main menu in-game.

Can't with current UI. The beta UI has it mentioned in the ticker on bottom.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
So what does Farsight do if the kickstarter doesn't succeed? I heard they already bought the table. Will they put it out at a later date or will the idea be scrapped?

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
So what does Farsight do if the kickstarter doesn't succeed? I heard they already bought the table. Will they put it out at a later date or will the idea be scrapped?

Likely no chance it will come out later as they wouldn't have gotten the funding needed to cover the expenses of making the table. They could try selling it at a premium price but that's pretty risky and likely a losing proposition for them as few are willing to spend a lot for these tables.

Buying the table ahead of time is little risk to them. It's a few thousand for the table. If needed they can fix it up and sell it to recoup the cost of the purchase/shipping or close to it. It's a popular table so buyers are around.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I really wish the merchandise wasn't provided by Cafe Press. Quality is rubbish, based on first hand experience through another brand I purchased stuff from.

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
Here's a photo of my pledge; I also took it with my phone.
http://i.imgur.com/IHtVe3m.jpg

Also some of your comments are gone. Why?

I saw the gibberish Curtis was posting, he totally deserved it.

Good for you, but why did you say that in the KS comments? Now everyone reading those comments know about those simulators. And weren't you also saying in the KS comments that it's illegal to play that game?
You seem to contradict yourself.

PS. The pic above is not my actual pledge, it's to show that it's easy to alter numbers.

...Seriously?

Don't be That Guy.

Let's not start this here.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Please, just let the Kickstarter comments section drama from a few days ago die already. Any further comments on the aforementioned incident will be deleted.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
When this is released I am sure it will find its way to the top of my main rotation of tables. I was recently at two large pinball arcades with around 50 tables to choose from at each place, I kept finding myself going back to Dr. Who. It's a blast. Would love to own one, next best would be to have a digital copy of it.

Members online

Members online