Doctor Who Kickstarter

mewzard

Apr 18, 2015
The Kickstarter is over, and the tables are officially funded! It's a good feeling (now to wait for Monday for my TAFG table).

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
According to wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acronym#Nomenclature), they are initialisms:

Although the word acronym is often used to refer to any abbreviation formed from initial letters,[SUP][2][/SUP] many dictionaries and usage commentators define acronym to mean an abbreviation that is pronounced as a word,[SUP][18][/SUP] in contradistinction to an initialism (or alphabetism)—an abbreviation formed from a string of initials (and possibly pronounced as individual letters).[SUP][19][/SUP] Some dictionaries include additional senses equating acronym with initialism.[SUP][20][/SUP][SUP][21][/SUP][SUP][22][/SUP] The distinction, when made, hinges on whether the abbreviation is pronounced as a word or as a string of individual letters.

Clearly, the pinball variety should be called pinitialisms, or "pii" in short. But it seems to me that "acronym" is just fine.

P.S. One pinitialism that confused me that came up on this forum was "GE". I'm curious if anyone immediately knows what that one refers to.
im still wondering what GE stands for.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
You're right. We should conduct ourselves more like adults.

So I'm starting an online petition. Who's with me!

Lmao, ok whats on the petition? Also who you callin an adult :p

Chanting is far more effective than a petition, Taco Tuesday! Taco Tuesday!... Try it the only losers in a chanting war are those who have to hear it

mewzard

Apr 18, 2015
I got my Gold Edition table. Also, FarSight posted this in the comments section:

" Creator FarSight Studios about 1 hour ago
[MENTION=2430]Jeffrey Alan[/MENTION], Wii U should be coming out in the next few weeks, actually. (U.S. only)"

That's pretty cool.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
What do you all think about the possibility of them going for Data East the Who's Tommy Pinball Wizard and Bally Wizard?

Last edited:

The Night Flier

Jun 10, 2014
What do you all think about the possibility of them going for Data East the Who's Tommy Pinball Wizard and Bally Wizard?

Dunno.But a band/music table is the missing link of TPA.Without one of those tables TPA just wouldn't properly represent.Band/music table has be top priority for Farsight.And of course it has to be accessible for all platforms not just mobile.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Do you think Tommy is a popular enough pin to warrant a Kickstarter?
It might be my favorite Data East pin though. I'd be on board for sure.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
Dunno.But a band/music table is the missing link of TPA.

Besides Monster Bash of course (I know, fictional band vs real band...)

At this pace, the next Kickstarter would be for a Season 8 release. I don't know about any of you, but I find the idea of TPA continuing that long far more exciting than whatever might get Kickstarted next.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts