Farsight, we're breaking up - It's not me, it's you...

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Totally agree that difficulty settings would/could partially rejuvenate TPA.
I agree it should be available for all tables though, even if leaderboards aren't changed and shouldn't be an extra charge for existing customers IMO.

I don't mind the Zacc leaderboard system where settings are irrelevant personally.

I've purchased gold, but I'm not sure how to create an account now. It used to give me the option before. Is it really worth it though? Just for the leaderboards. I've been having a blast just trying to beat my own scores

That's another difference between TPA and Zacc for me, with Zacc I don't mind not posting scores to leaderboards, goals, or HOF.

Last edited:

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I play against my own scores too, but without changing the difficulty, I'd need a two hour gap to play some TPA tables.

im sure that's the reason, or part of it. And for some reason, yeah the new difficulty settings for TPA would be great. But I'm nowhere near as excited for that as I am for the new Zaccaria update. Nothing against TPA though, cause I still enjoy playing TPA. There's always a table I wanna play.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
But I'm nowhere near as excited for that as I am for the new Zaccaria update

Definitely - I just think this developer is incredibly exciting. Zacc is my top Pinball sim now, and I can't wait to see what he does next after Zacc.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I've purchased gold, but I'm not sure how to create an account now. It used to give me the option before. Is it really worth it though? Just for the leaderboards. I've been having a blast just trying to beat my own scores

That's another difference between TPA and Zacc for me, with Zacc I don't mind not posting scores to leaderboards, goals, or HOF.

On iOS, the Zacc leaderboards are on Game Center, so there's no in-game account like TPA has.

And yeah, totally agree about competing against your own scores. I really like the end of game screen that Zacc has, where it shows you points per ball, etc. It's that kind of polish that makes it shine.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
On iOS, the Zacc leaderboards are on Game Center, so there's no in-game account like TPA has.

And yeah, totally agree about competing against your own scores. I really like the end of game screen that Zacc has, where it shows you points per ball, etc. It's that kind of polish that makes it shine.

Ah. Gotcha. Thx

Extork

Mar 14, 2013

It's not a big thing, but does the 'enter your name' screen bug you at all? I could do without it. My nickname could be Garthok for all I care

night

May 18, 2012
It's not a big thing, but does the 'enter your name' screen bug you at all? I could do without it. My nickname could be Garthok for all I care

I think it would be a good idea that you can fill your name somewhere in the preferences, so you don't have to deal with the 'enter your name' screen at the end of a game.
This goes for the Bonus Time pop-up as well, a 'don't show this message' button would be nice.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I don't like it on Android: it looks clunky as an Android 4.0 system dialog box. Really jarring actually, compared with the rest of the tasty UI.

If the dialog must stay, utilize the compatibility library of Android dialogs to present the correct dialog style for the OS version the device uses.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012

That's the kind of thing Zen was doing pre TPA too. Wonder if because of emulation FS doesn't? Because I would find it interesting.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
One thing I really don't like is the huge text and large icons in the menus. Reminds me of Windows 3.1. Please can be have an option to have the old small menus back. Much cleaner and more elagent.

Also the ability to lock the top camera would be ideal.

You've put this request in the Zacc thread, right? Not sure if Zsolt is reading this.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
At some point you have to move on from the older machines. How much longer can you honestly support the first iPad?

This. It's what, 6-7 years old. These things age in dog years. I've noticed some performance issues on my iPad 3 from time to time so I can't imagine it's a great experience on an iPad 1 anyway.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Honestly, they really shouldn't even use that as an excuse. As other developers have shown, with the right graphics options in the menu, they could keep supporting the older devices while still adding graphical improvements...so there's really no reason why they can't progress the engine forward and still keep all their customers.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
It won't work on the Apple watch? I'm devastated. Already ordered the gold version to play afm gold on it...

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
It won't work on the Apple watch? I'm devastated. Already ordered the gold version to play afm gold on it...

:). We all know the Apple watch will only be good for a year or two, because Apple will eventually issue OS updates to make the watch run like a three legged dog on ice. I think I will stick to my Casio.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
:). We all know the Apple watch will only be good for a year or two, because Apple will eventually issue OS updates to make the watch run like a three legged dog on ice. I think I will stick to my Casio.
Pebble Time Steel backer here. Backed the pebble 1.0 on Kickstarter as well. No regrets. Can't wait for June!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.