Bug High Score Glitches

Radiochris11

Mar 26, 2013
Hi everybody. My name is Chris and I'm new to the forum. The first thing I'd like to say is that I love the Pinball Arcade. Farsight is doing awesome work! Keep it up. That being said, my reason for this post is to ask about the high score glitches I have had happen to me. It only seems to happen when I play on my PS3. I have had several high-scoring games that never got posted to the leaderboards because the game will freeze up when I'm entering my initials at the end of the game. It seems to happen when I set the game up for more than one player. I get a great score and if one or more of my games make my personal high score list, I enter my initials and the game just goes into a loop of the attract mode. If i exit the game entirely, my scores don't get saved. This has happened on Big Shot (255k+), Cirqus Voltaire ( 200M+), Midieval Madness ( 160M+) and most recently Theatre of Magic, which was one of my best games ever at over 5B. The glitch doesn't seem to be a problem when I just do a one person game. Again, this happens on my PS3. Anyway, great forum and I love the fact that we can talk about the game like this. Thanks everyone.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
It's definitely been mentioned multiple times that if you get a high score with player 2, you can't enter it--of maybe it was if both 1 and 2 get high scores, I forget. I don't remember hearing people talk about trying it with more than a 2P game, though.

Does the same thing happen on your Android?

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Mike from FarSight said that he thinks he knows how to fix this but I don't know if he's had time to fix it yet or not.

Obviously the fix hasn't been applied yet but I don't know if we're waiting for the fix to make its way to a patch or if he hasn't had time to work on it yet.

Radiochris11

Mar 26, 2013
I haven't seen it happen yet on Android, but I don't use the Android version very often. Hopefully they fix it soon because I like to play four games at once, even at the arcade in real life. I think it makes it easier to ignore a bad ball here and there and just think "Well I still have 10 balls left to get that high score".

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Mike from FarSight said that he thinks he knows how to fix this but I don't know if he's had time to fix it yet or not.

Obviously the fix hasn't been applied yet but I don't know if we're waiting for the fix to make its way to a patch or if he hasn't had time to work on it yet.

I did put in the fix. I don't think it's made it to the Sony platform yet. I think it'll be with the patch that includes Cactus Canyon. I can't remember off hand when I put the fix in and when they submitted to Sony.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.