PC - Request Higher res floor texture?

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
while i agree a simple chamge wpuld be nice , whos looking at the digital floor like a weirdo!:p even if its displayed a fair bit hold yer head high!

hey marketing think of the millions from floorskin packs! i a concrete floor with beer cans

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
stewart webster! i sont believe your taking this seriously.

your mother wouldnt be pleased!

for shame, for shame

i demand new textures now!

whos with me!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
while i agree a simple chamge wpuld be nice , whos looking at the digital floor like a weirdo!:p even if its displayed a fair bit hold yer head high!

hey marketing think of the millions from floorskin packs! i a concrete floor with beer cans

Dude, any texture in a video game is noticeable if it's low res, and it would take like 2 seconds to swap the texture....if the art department would actually supply one that is!

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
what can i say i learnted long ago to block out muddy textures;)

heh, yeah but when it's like the background for the game it seems like it would be sort of a priority...and they have a higher texture in the PS4 version so it's not like they have to make a new one or anything.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
You sure its higher on PS4? I don't recall it looking any better.

Personally I prefer the look of heavy duty dark carpet, it just feels more realistic for a game room/arcade.

Speaking of textures though, I HATE seeing the low resolution front of the cabinets all the time when the camera angle changes to focus on the ball launcher. It really would feel more polished of those two things were improved.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
I want shag carpet! :)
But anyway, I'd be happy with just a higher res texture. Surely the file has to exist somewhere in their art vault since the floor is higher res on the PS4, right?

If it is then its VERY marginal, it just looks like they applied more texture filtering to me:
Pinball%20Arcade_20140430153019.jpg

I'm seriously thinking about sneaking this into the next beta.

It wouldn't look any worse. Deliberately faked textures don't look half as bad as a low resolution texture trying to actually replicate something real.

Last edited:

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
The current texture is 512x512. I tried looking for a 1024 version, but so far haven't found it. And the artist who made it no longer works here, so it's quite possible he never added it to source control.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts