PC - Request Higher res floor texture?

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I gotta be honest - I never even see the floor when playing and couldn't even begin to tell you what the texture of it looks like.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
This thread? Two pages with stacks of FS participation. Physics thread? Barely a half with no FS folks :( PAF and FS need to step their priorities up!

Because this thread is amusing and there's a sort of twisted humor that everyone including the developers can play along with. The physics thread is just a pit of despair for everyone!

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Because this thread is amusing and there's a sort of twisted humor that everyone including the developers can play along with. The physics thread is just a pit of despair for everyone!
I'm bringing my pit in here then!
bbO6ETVm.jpg

Trust me, there's carpet in there. If you lean in and look closely, you can kinda see it for yourself... ;)

superballs

Apr 12, 2012

The real question is if their physics model can handle a pit of despair. We don't want to go introducing new bugs or anything. And does the pit artwork come with seams?

This texture could add a touch of class to TPA.

BadFamilyPhotosSplits.jpg

Mods...ban this man please. I may never sleep again. This looks line something from youarenotaphotographer.com

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
In fact now I need to be banned as well for not thinking my quoting through and duplicating the image /sad

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'm not banning anything that makes me laugh!

Unfortunately, it's what gets me in trouble with the other mods.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
I LOVED the old star/space carpet. but I must admit I really don't notce it (any floor) when Im getting down

to bad they cant use the old 'LeMans' carpet.

Last edited:

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
Obviously when playing you don't notice the floor texture that much, but those moment when you do it just REALLY degrades the overall polished feel of the game. That is even more so on PS4 version where you are actively encouraged to take screenshots/video of your gaming session and anyone watching it IS going to notice and it reduces the wow factor. After all, we want this game to be as authentic as possible, it helps sell the game.

Like the OP said, its more the fact it should be a quick and simple fix. Personally I find the look of the coin slots more bothersome as they are in my face every time the camera moves over for ball launching, but I suspect that would be a trickier fix as a texture alone is probably not going to fix that.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.