iOS v3.5.0 Bugs

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
This thread is for posting bugs for iOS version 3.4.0 ONLY (new bugs as well as lingering issues that haven't been fixed). If you want to post general feedback or comments, then please use THIS THREAD instead. Anything posted here that is not a bug will be moved or deleted.

When posting a bug, please use the following format:

Device/OS:

Bug Description:

Steps To Reproduce:

Frequency:

Additional Comments:

Please also remember to email any bugs you find to support@pinballarcade.com

Thank you!

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Device/OS: iPad 3/iOS 7.0.4
Bug Description: Table update a little funny
Steps: When updating tables, "Update all" only updated Black Rose but when going to "Download owned", it also downloaded WHO dunnit (as well as High Speed, obviously)
Frequency: Only done it the once, literally impossible to replicate!
Additional Comments: Obviously not a big deal, more to serve as a warning/note in case people are concerned that they aren't getting more table updates.

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
Device/OS: iPad 3/iOS 7.0.4
Bug Description: Table update a little funny
Steps: When updating tables, "Update all" only updated Black Rose but when going to "Download owned", it also downloaded WHO dunnit (as well as High Speed, obviously)
Frequency: Only done it the once, literally impossible to replicate!
Additional Comments: Obviously not a big deal, more to serve as a warning/note in case people are concerned that they aren't getting more table updates.

Good point. The W?D file needed to be renamed and the code that checks if it already exists and needs an update wasn't picking up the old name. :p

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
One more before I shoot off for the day :) (from my post in the HS thread)

I've noticed the iOS version is a bit buggy with the sound though. For some reason the audio is a bit more juddery and stop-start, like it's not looping properly or the samples aren't long enough so there's gaps in-between each sound (rather than being fluid). Doesn't happen on PC version.

Oh, and the navigation/button sounds are there when entering initials on the iOS version as well :(

Still a great playing table, but there are definitely a few tweaks here and there that need to be fixed.
Proper format:
Device/OS: iPad 3/iOS 7.9.4
Bug description: High Speed sounds a little off/wonky
Steps: Play High Speed, notice the sounds when getting a ball in either of the hideout spots, when the bonus countdown is... it's juddery like there's gaps between the samples and they don't loop/flow together correctly. Not a problem on the PC version at all.
Frequency: All the time.
Additional comments: Hard-reset my device, made sure all other apps are closed, same issue.

Additional additional comment: Sounds are also enabled for high score entry buttons. Would be nice if they were switched off so you can hear the music in all it's glory :)

Medieval_Gofers

May 29, 2013
Device/OS: iPad 2, latest IOS

Bug Description: scores over 10 million on high speed only register as 9,999,999 on the scoreboard.

Steps to Reproduce: score more than 9,999,999

Frequency: 100% so far

Lostboy

Oct 21, 2012
Am I the only one experiencing this bug? Should I do a reinstall?

Device/OS: iPhone 4, iOS 7.1

Bug Description: Touch screen doesn't work at far bottom-right, for right flipper, for games with launch buttons, even though the launch button is on top.

Steps To Reproduce: Play a game with a launch button, such as T2 or Attack From Mars.

Frequency: 100%

Additional Comments: This only happens on games with launch buttons, such as T2 or Attack From Mars. But games without launch buttons, such as Big Shot do not have this issue. I found that by going into the Table Menu's Options and cycling through the Button Positions, until it's back on Top, it will correct the issue for that session (but will be a problem again when launching the game later). I'm using Touch Scheme type A.

Even though the launch button is on top, the right flipper only works when touching the green area. It does nothing if I touch the red area.
tpa.jpg

Last edited:

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
iPhone 4s 7.1
I started AFM and the launch button didn't appear until the 3rd ball. On the 2nd game all was normal T2 was good also.

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013

I still haven't been able to reproduce this (I spend time looking into it every month when you report it). I did put in some code to refresh the setting for it, but it seems that it didn't help. :/

Feb 19, 2014
Not sure if it's a bug or I'm just not hearing it.

Isn't high speed supposed to say: suspect got away. And then the other cop says: "what", then the music cue.

I'm not hearing him say "what". Anyone?

During MB startup obviously.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Not sure if it's a bug or I'm just not hearing it.

Isn't high speed supposed to say: suspect got away. And then the other cop says: "what", then the music cue.

I'm not hearing him say "what". Anyone?

During MB startup obviously.

I do hear him say "what", but only if I sit and wait for it. If I launch the ball to load up the catapults, the "what" gets cut off. I did notice that the sound of a car crash if I drain while trying to escape is missing.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2014
I do hear him say "what", but only if I sit and wait for it. If I launch the ball to load up the catapults, the "what" gets cut off. I did notice that the sound of a car crash if I drain while trying to escape is missing.

Ok. That is probably normal, I don't own a real high speed so I can't confirm though.

In other news. I actually ran a red light the other day lmao. Unfortunately I didn't get away haha.

Think I could have outrunned him? I don't own a Porche or Ferrari, just an Audi A4 1.8T. Cop cars aren't the slow, ****ty buicks or whatever they were in the 80s either, it was like a brand new Freakijg Charger I think.

Dascoyne

Dec 11, 2013
Ok. That is probably normal, I don't own a real high speed so I can't confirm though.

In other news. I actually ran a red light the other day lmao. Unfortunately I didn't get away haha.

Think I could have outrunned him? I don't own a Porche or Ferrari, just an Audi A4 1.8T. Cop cars aren't the slow, ****ty buicks or whatever they were in the 80s either, it was like a brand new Freakijg Charger I think.
I really wouldn't underestimate that big, fat Ford Crown Vic Police Interceptor if I were you. It's not exactly the same as your average family sedan under the skin.

abouttreefitty

Apr 26, 2014

Bug Description: Touch screen doesn't work at far bottom-right, for right flipper, for games with launch buttons, even though the launch button is on top.

Steps To Reproduce: Play a game with a launch button, such as T2 or Attack From Mars.

Additional Comments: This only happens on games with launch buttons, such as T2 or Attack From Mars. But games without launch buttons, such as Big Shot do not have this issue. I found that by going into the Table Menu's Options and cycling through the Button Positions, until it's back on Top, it will correct the issue for that session (but will be a problem again when launching the game later). I'm using Touch Scheme type A.

Even though the launch button is on top, the right flipper only works when touching the green area. It does nothing if I touch the red area.
tpa.jpg

I can confirm this bug on my iPhone 5. It only happens when I have an extremely weak cellular signal. I'll open the app, and if I start up a game with a launcher button without yet being signed into Game Center, the bug occurs. I get the dead zone on the bottom right, and the nudge controls only work on the top half of the screen (I use Scheme B). I came across this when I tried to play in my car in the underground parking lot at work. I've noticed it on the last 2 builds of the game.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I can confirm this bug on my iPhone 5. It only happens when I have an extremely weak cellular signal. I'll open the app, and if I start up a game with a launcher button without yet being signed into Game Center, the bug occurs. I get the dead zone on the bottom right, and the nudge controls only work on the top half of the screen (I use Scheme B). I came across this when I tried to play in my car in the underground parking lot at work. I've noticed it on the last 2 builds of the game.
I don't think it's a bug specifically, but what you're saying happens is similar to my experiences in that even if I'm offline, if Game Center hasn't started up then I don't get any of my preferences loaded (like my TPA score nor any control prefs). So it's not a bug in that half the screen is dead, it's just loading up control scheme A and the default location for the button launcher. I don't know if it's the same problem for Lostboy as yourself, but in your case I'm certain that's what it is. Just fire up TPA and wait for the GC banner to appear before doing anything (regardless of if you're online or not) and you should be fine.

Lostboy

Oct 21, 2012
Interesting. For me, I don't use Game Center and my preferences seem to load up fine (although I use mostly default settings so it's hard to tell, but my scores are all there). I am always logged in the game with FarSight. And I still get this bug no matter what my cellular signal is.

abouttreefitty

Apr 26, 2014
I don't think it's a bug specifically, but what you're saying happens is similar to my experiences in that even if I'm offline, if Game Center hasn't started up then I don't get any of my preferences loaded (like my TPA score nor any control prefs). So it's not a bug in that half the screen is dead, it's just loading up control scheme A and the default location for the button launcher. I don't know if it's the same problem for Lostboy as yourself, but in your case I'm certain that's what it is. Just fire up TPA and wait for the GC banner to appear before doing anything (regardless of if you're online or not) and you should be fine.

If I have 10 minutes to kill before work, I don't want to wait 5 minutes for the GC banner to appear. Hahaha

Fredrik Magnusson

Aug 16, 2013

Bug Description:after highscore and Facebook question Game crashes

Steps To Reproduce:

Frequency: everything time after postningen on Facebook or not

Additional Comments: anoying

tyche

Oct 6, 2012
IOS
Junkyard

During my 2nd 'defeat Bob' finale the camera zooms out and I lost control of the right flipper making it impossible to play. Failed and it returns to normal play. I made it to 'defeat bob' a third time same game and it did that again.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012

tpa.jpg

Well, yeah, that space only works for the button.

Go to the options and move the button to 55%. That's where the old default was, and where it should be. No idea whose bright idea it was to move it to the exact location you are trying to flip by default.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts