Karl's ego trip

karl

May 10, 2012
The car will be sold either way, Sean. I might be a bit pinball crazy but not all bonkers yet (I hope) ;-)

I have just put it off for far to long. I will inherit a really old Mercedes 230E veteran car (1984) in January from my father who is not able to drive anymore so it must happen sooner or later

Kolchak 357: That canon looks incredible and it is in fact a part of the trc (total rock concert) mode I just ordered. Here it is http://pinballrefinery.com/store#!/~/product/category=4730922&id=21791922

and thanks to the brilliant Rule sheet from Sean and videos of Bowen playing this thing I just could not resist it anymore.

The rules alone makes me dizzy with excitement :)

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Found a YouTube vid of that TRC mod. It does look fantastic. Don't be shy with photos when that baby arrives.

Tokyo Rose

Jul 13, 2012
karl, theres a guy here in Tokyo that is interested ( and I won't speak for him beyond that ) on your 911. It would have to ship to Japan. I've sent your link, and we'll see ...but his head is a bit in the clouds right now , so you know ... ;)

karl

May 10, 2012
:D Tell your friend the car is still for sale but he will have to pay for the shipping ;)

karl

May 10, 2012
Right on the (start) button, Kolchak. 1000 points.

I have decided to buy one more machine after Tron but after that there will be no more. 10 pinball machines is probably more than enough.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Good question, LE or pro?

I've only played the pro, but it is super fun. Another great choice. I like your taste in pins karl.

karl

May 10, 2012
Sorry. No Daft punk multiball for me. It is only a pro. LE is near to impossible to get over here (a pro is hard enough. Found one in Denmark after a month of searching) Will have it in 14 days. My AC/DC is probably still 2 months away (it has not gone into production yet and there is a 20 days boat trip to follow after that)

Thanks Kolchak. I almost got an POTC a couple of weeks ago because I was impatient and had low hope of finding a Tron at all but I had to wait for money and then the TRON machine showed up.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
You can always fit a small inflatable mattress under your pins. Getting rid of a bed will give you more space. ;)

karl

May 10, 2012
Don't tempt me Kolchak :D There might be a spot available for me if they make Special when lit 2 still ;-)

DeeEff: Sounds good, but I will admit it sometimes feel more like Karl's Madhouse. It has been an extraordinary fun year though. I keep rationalizing it by saying to myself that I can always sell a few later (much later ;) )

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
I agree with you that Mods can be a hit or miss, Kolchak.

What I have found is that mirror blades, color DMD, backboard decals (in most cases) and better speaker systems enhance every machine.
When it comes to toys; Some are good, others are horrible. Some machines look good with a few extra ditties, other machines become much to crowded

If a machine was supposed to have something in it but it was removed for cost reasons, I will do my best to get them. Like flashers in the door panels on TZ. And speaking of TZ, I went a little nuts buying toys to that particular machine,
but to me, TZ is one of the few machines that screams "give me more toys" to me. I don't know why.

I just bought a pretty decked out with mods Tron Legacy Pro. That arcade mod is awesome, shaker is a must and the recognizer mod adds greatly to the look of the game (and tron looks better with LEDs too) and the el non-interactive wiring isn't bad at all.

but incredibly, I swear I heard it say "feed me Eli's RGB wiring ASAP". Hmmm, the b!tch could have at least asked with a "please". Pm sent to Eli. :p

On the pincab issue, A friend (;)) helped me install zebulon's boards and i now have ledwiz lighting, contactors, gear motor, shaker motors and a real plasma DMD installed. Your purchases are not done yet Karl ;)

karl

May 10, 2012
Congrats on getting a Tron. Yes, Tron is one of those games that screams for a mod or two ;-)

Thanks for the tips about what mods to get. Always nice to hear from people with actual experience That Eli mod will find its way to me sooner or later for sure (when it finally becomes available)

The Tron mini Arcade mod is already on order. Looks incredible judging by the pictures online. Will deff check out that recognizer mod

When it comes to shakers, I am a still on the fence. Will have to play Tron a bit before making my mind up about it I think . I have one on order and that is for MM and that will be my first encounter with a shaker.

Regarding your virtual cab: Holy mother of f..ing awesomeness, that sounds like a sweet setup. Maybe I will have to contact you in a couple of weeks when I get my virtuapin setup for some advice on how to mod that one too ;-)

karl

May 10, 2012
Far from it Sumez, just stupid ;) I sold my flat with a bit of profit when I decided to rent instead of owning and that has been giving me some extra cash but there is a loan on the car and my bank account is empty (as it has always been) now.

I have just ordered a Hobbit LE, just to have something to look forward to in 2018 ;) and next year there will be no other new pinballs for me. I am extremely happy with what I already have. With Tron and my virtua cab coming in October and AC/DC in November I am hoping I have enough games to feed my pinball hunger until The Hobbit arrives in a year. (if I am lucky)

I can always go play at my clubhouse (ca 100 pins) if I need some variety. It's a great place with monthly tournaments and other fun stuff and I get my own keys to the place this week. That means that I can come and go as I like

Here is some pictures taken from a company event held there last year: http://oslo.pinheads.no/funhouse/bilder

Even Larry DeMar has been there for a visit a couple of years ago :)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts