Lack of Addams Family info/news!!!???

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
The best way to counteract negativity is to provide your own positivity.

Whenever I start to go down the path that leads me toward complaining about FarSight, I have to remind myself of what got me to this point to begin with, my love of the game. The game I love is still the same, and actually it has improved. I can't be angry over what I wish the game would become, or at least not more than what the game already is. Because if the scales ever tipped to where my negative feeling were more than my positive, I think I'd need to quit this forum, delete the game, and move on. So any criticism I have, I try to back up with ideas for better.

I work in the camera department for TV and film. While operating a camera, if the director just repeatedly told me my shot sucked and I should find a new angle, well that's just gonna piss me off. On the other hand, if he tells me my shot isn't working but tells me what would make it work instead, a slight adjustment, zooming in or out, etc, well now I can actually work towards getting him what he wants. I may still fail, I might also surprise him with something better. Point is, I feel he's working with me, appreciating what I'm doing, not just belittling me.

And yes, by all means check out our Table of the Week threads. They've been down right pleasant. And if they aren't, I'll send those posts packing!

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Try being an Elder Scrolls/Fallout fan. It's been 2 years since Bethesda officially pulled up sticks on new Skyrim DLC to "work on something new" (and no, not Elder Scrolls Online - that's a different studio). So far, officially, despite a million rumors, leaks, unofficial stuff, hoaxes and general speculation, the most we've had communication wise is a bunch of denials from Pete Hines and his cronies.

TPA and Farsight are like Twitter on Superbowl Sunday compared to that level of notification about what's going on.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I just get tired of the same complaints over and over and over. Like I said, just about any thread that remains active long enough becomes infected.

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
I hope we might see some pics before release. Just saying.... I'am very excited to see something possibly before release. I wonder if gaming consoles are later and just IOS & Android is first. Curious how this will unfold for the end of this month and I would not miss twitch gameplay of TAF for the world.

I'am super excited to play TAF! ....and just curious I'am just down the road from "The Texas Pinball Festival" here in Frisco Tx. Is anybody going this March 27-29th to the festival this year?

I will try to be more positive going forward on future TPA issues news and release info.
I don't mean to bring folks down because I love pinball as well.

I just wanted to clear the air and I look forward to more positive chats here on TPA forums going forward with y'all. I don't mean to come across negative I just get frustrated with updates lack of communication etc. but TPA does bring us quality pinball like no one else out there so I need to just be more open minded and try to have more patience.

Thanks for y'all's time and have a great day!

Last edited:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I work in the camera department for TV and film. While operating a camera, if the director just repeatedly told me my shot sucked and I should find a new angle, well that's just gonna piss me off.

Hey you are a camera operator! That was my ideal job throughout childhood until I was 16 and suddenly I got into programming at home which made me go down the IT route instead. I have often regretted that change. I used to make films with a Super 8 Cine camera.

Anyway give me your job, your camera, and get out of the studio... Your camera work is sh*te! :)

yuriijos

Dec 26, 2012
I for one think TPA is getting worse. Most of the tables are brutally fast and outlanes just kick your ass. It seems as I could play these tables before and get a sense of enjoyment and accomplishment but now most of the tables I enjoy are just ****ty physics and outlane drains are like magnets. No word on my kickstarter reward, weak ass updates with new tables always seem to have problems and sooner or later I'll stop spending my money here. Get it together Farsight and deliver what loyal people pay for jeez...for as much money as they got for TAF you would think they would keep us updated on the progress and release, buy no, not one update.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I guess it's part of what makes a forum a forum...the freedom to express opinion. If we delete negative posts, all that does is make the mod team look like nazis. :)

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Would a forum nazi be like a soup nazi? No soup for you... Come back 1 year.

Really, I feel like not much good can come of this thread anymore. We did learn that Fester is going to look legit. All we can do now is wait. That's really what it boils down to. I'm guilty of compulsively checking the FB page, but I've been doing alright with not getting my panties in an uproar. If there's an update - great, if not - that's fine too.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
We all have hitler moustaches too. :)

Yeah I agree with you Extork. The problem is locking threads evokes nazi imagery for some folks as well, so sometimes it's best just to let threads die a natural death over the course of time after everyone has said their final piece. Soon enough, TAF will be out and this thread will be ancient history.

Last edited:

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
We all have hitler moustaches too. :)

Yeah I agree with you Extork. The problem is locking threads invokes nazi imagery for some folks as well, so sometimes it's best just to let threads die a natural death over the course of time after everyone has said their final piece. Soon enough, TAF will be out and this thread will be ancient history.
------------
I absolutely love these "soup nazi" opinions :cool:. 1 of my favorite Seinfeld episodes.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts