Latest NEWS And INFORMATION On FarSight Studios' The Pinball Arcade

Status
Not open for further replies.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I'm amazed that with all 7 cast members on the backglass as well as some of their voices, that another 55k was all they needed to lock that one down too.

Well, remember they overshot the first KS funds by quite a bit so. Imagine it's $55k IN ADDITION TO the rest.
I'm not a Star Trek fan (sorry to Trekkers or is it Trekies?), but I'll definitely donate to Simpsons, Star Wars, and many other favorites. I may even donate to this just because I hear it's a fun table design.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Its not 55k in addition, its 55k total. So the kickstarter will be between 40 and 45k.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Well, remember they overshot the first KS funds by quite a bit so. Imagine it's $55k IN ADDITION TO the rest.
I'm not a Star Trek fan (sorry to Trekkers or is it Trekies?), but I'll definitely donate to Simpsons, Star Wars, and many other favorites. I may even donate to this just because I hear it's a fun table design.

I'm not a trekkie (that is the proper word) either, but I can appreciate the table as both well-designed (except for the outlanes), and uses the license better than any other table I have seen, with the possible exception of AC/DC. The stellar presentation will pull you in even if you've never heard of Star Trek.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I'm not a trekkie (that is the proper word) either, but I can appreciate the table as both well-designed (except for the outlanes), and uses the license better than any other table I have seen, with the possible exception of AC/DC. The stellar presentation will pull you in even if you've never heard of Star Trek.

I remember back in the 80's the guys who went to the conventions didn't like "Trekkies" and preferred "Trekkers".

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I remember back in the 80's the guys who went to the conventions didn't like "Trekkies" and preferred "Trekkers".
Trekkers are people who go on treks, which are long, often difficult journeys. If they are just fans of the Star Trek, they are trekkies. Of course, many dictionaries do list trekker as an alternative to trekkie.

Last edited:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I know it's heresy to say here, but I'm stoked for this to come out. I love the Zen tables, they're fun to play.
Yeah, for PS3, who already have their content. If FX 3 was also in the works this month, that might be some tiny consolation, but no, instead we have yet another reason to be jealous of PS3 owners.

Last edited:

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Yeah, for PS3, who already have their content. If FX 3 was also in the works this month, that might be some tiny consolation, but no, instead we have yet another reason to be jealous of PS3 owners.

I think we definitely needed the engine update.

I'm not sure why you would be jealous? you guys have many more tables available to you. I would like to see Rome, Buccaneer, Ms Splosion Man, Pasha, Extreme, Agents, Biolab, Secrets of the deep, Speed Machine, Rocky and Bulwinkle for the Ps3 but that won't happen. MS and Sony love their exclusives but it won't make me buy a whole new system to play pinball even though I'm a pinball fan.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I think we definitely needed the engine update.

I'm not sure why you would be jealous? you guys have many more tables available to you. I would like to see Rome, Buccaneer, Ms Splosion Man, Pasha, Extreme, Agents, Biolab, Secrets of the deep, Speed Machine, Rocky and Bulwinkle for the Ps3 but that won't happen. MS and Sony love their exclusives but it won't make me buy a whole new system to play pinball even though I'm a pinball fan.

Only a few of those tables are worth playing. Even hardcore PFX2 fans would say the same.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Only a few of those tables are worth playing. Even hardcore PFX2 fans would say the same.

Ms. Splosion Man looks interesting, if only because I love the original game, and it's predecessor (both are monstrously well-designed platformers), but the rest of that list are generic junk.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
BTW, we should probably get this back on topic. Please use the existing threads for discussing Zen's games and tables.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
BTW, we should probably get this back on topic. Please use the existing threads for discussing Zen's games and tables.

So, when is Creature and the Knight coming to some platform? I thought it only takes a week or less to get to Android and IOS.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
So, when is Creature and the Knight coming to some platform? I thought it only takes a week or less to get to Android and IOS.

The tables are still in beta testing, but they're getting closer, so probably another week at the earliest.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE Added information on next Android, iOS, Kindle Fire and Mac updates plus DLC Tables Pack #4 for Mac, PS3 (NA), PS Vita (NA) and Xbox 360 pushed to the end of August.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
DLC #4 for xbox in august? Is this a joke? We are still waiting for DLC #1/2!
You'd rather wait longer? And them telling we will get nr 4 after other consoles?

You can see this as proof they are willing to sync the releases and areconfident they have dlc 123 out this month.

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
Yeah they are willing to sync the releases for months. I would love to play DLC #4 in august, but we were disappointed too many times to be still optimistic. :(

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Yeah they are willing to sync the releases for months. I would love to play DLC #4 in august, but we were disappointed too many times to be still optimistic. :(

I post tentative time frames that FarSight are shooting for. None of them are hard dates (unless otherwise indicated) which is the reason they're labeled as "should be available." If the dates fall through or other circumstances arise, then I have to readjust them accordingly.

N

Nik Barbour

I post tentative time frames that FarSight are shooting for. None of them are hard dates (unless otherwise indicated) which is the reason they're labeled as "should be available." If the dates fall through or other circumstances arise, then I have to readjust them accordingly.

Amazing job as always - Thanks for keeping us updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts