Latest NEWS And INFORMATION On FarSight Studios' The Pinball Arcade

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE I just wanted to take the time to make a few things perfectly clear about this News Thread and myself.

I DO NOT speak for FarSight and AM NOT associated with FarSight Studios in any way shape or form. What I do is gather information that was mentioned or posted by FarSight and provide them here in one tidy News Thread to keep everyone informed on the latest news concerning The Pinball Arcade.

As for release time frames, these are merely calculated (and have been pretty accurate thus far) from the time an update is submitted til the time it "should be available" which of course all depends on if the update was approved or rejected. I have no way of knowing what the outcome of a submission will be beforehand which leaves the possibility of me having to adjust release time frames accordingly.

Also, the ONLY time I will post a hard date is if FarSight officially announces a definite release date.

Please keep all of the above in mind when reading my News Thread and thank you all for your feedback.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
You got us eating outta your hand...?NO FOOD!! FTW! SNAP! SNAP! MUNCH! sorry, just hungry....
You Love it, HMWAAHAHAHAaaaaaagh!

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE FarSight is currently in talks with Microsoft in hopes that they'll grant them permission to fix a memory card issue with the next update and approve the Title Update now instead of having to resubmit once again. Therefore, release time frames for DLC Table Packs #1, #2 and #3 for the Xbox 360 are TBD.

N

Nik Barbour

I really hope FarSight will succeed.

Me too.

Although I've got a new distraction this week.

Contacted Northern Lights Pinball group - and been invited for a brew and a go on a real 'Twilight zone' & 'Batman Forever'
Pinball community's are amazingly kind compared to most gaming communities.
First real table I'll have played since about '95ish.
Can't wait!

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
I'm hoping FS can get MS to give them some lead way on this. Although I don't experience what most PS3 users have been claiming about "flipper lag", I still play TPA on the 360 and miss playing the other tables on that said platform.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Me too.

Although I've got a new distraction this week.

Contacted Northern Lights Pinball group - and been invited for a brew and a go on a real 'Twilight zone' & 'Batman Forever'
Pinball community's are amazingly kind compared to most gaming communities.
First real table I'll have played since about '95ish.
Can't wait!
Sounds awesome! Googled these groups, and found there is one in my town, but I missed their last meetup by four days! I didn't know these groups existed! Wish you have mentioned this a little earlier, as they complained they didn't have enough people show up!

N

Nik Barbour

Sounds awesome! Googled these groups, and found there is one in my town, but I missed their last meetup by four days! I didn't know these groups existed! Wish you have mentioned this a little earlier, as they complained they didn't have enough people show up!

There is a few of us been posting stuff like that here http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/967-UK-Pinball on UK Pinball thread.
They get missed easily though.
Hadn't twigged you were a fellow Brit though or would have said.

Didn't know till today, but there are about 5 private collectors within 20 miles of me. All willing to let you play it seems. (I'm in North West BTW).

SquareWire

May 31, 2012

Wow... Well, it is quiet weird as I have tried to contact the London Region a couple of times with the intention of joining them but never got an answer. I have even offered my soon to be ready fully restored TAF table for the meetings.

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012
There is a few of us been posting stuff like that here http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/967-UK-Pinball on UK Pinball thread.
They get missed easily though.
Hadn't twigged you were a fellow Brit though or would have said.

Didn't know till today, but there are about 5 private collectors within 20 miles of me. All willing to let you play it seems. (I'm in North West BTW).

I live in the North West too. I went to the "Northern Lights Pinball" event in Blackpool last year, superb event. Also went to one league meet this year but unfortunately work and family commitments meant I missed the rest of the meets. The North West group at least are a great and friendly bunch of people.

N

Nik Barbour

Wow... Well, it is quiet weird as I have tried to contact the London Region a couple of times with the intention of joining them but never got an answer. I have even offered my soon to be ready fully restored TAF table for the meetings.

My North west contact just emailed, so I've asked where is best for you to contact.
I'll either Private Message or Post on Richard B's new thread if he comes up with the goods for you.
Welcome to the forums BTW!
I really wish I had my own table now - (very jealous of yours)

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
My North west contact just emailed, so I've asked where is best for you to contact.
I'll either Private Message or Post on Richard B's new thread if he comes up with the goods for you.
I put up the new thead "Pinball Groups - Post your here!" under Real Pinball.

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012

Nik, can you PM me too as I've heard nothing either

SquareWire

May 31, 2012

Thanks for the pm and the compliment mate. Once it's ready, you are welcome to pop in any time you like to have a go with it. It will take another month to finish it (cabinet restoration).

Rayman1103

Jul 20, 2012
Thanks for this very informative thread PiN WiZ. It's helpful and good to know which tables have been confirmed, and when they've been announced for release.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE The Title Update is AVAILABLE NOW! on the Xbox 360. You must first download and install the title update, then download the optional update in-game to get the new DMD and fixed lighting. DLC NEXT???

N

Nik Barbour

UPDATE The Title Update is AVAILABLE NOW! on the Xbox 360. You must first download and install the title update, then download the optional update in-game to get the new DMD and fixed lighting. DLC NEXT???

Yeeeeeees!
Aw-cr@p, I'm stuck in work for the next 10 hours now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts