Latest NEWS And INFORMATION On FarSight Studios' The Pinball Arcade

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
FYI...The optional update is not yet available, so no updated lighting just yet.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
The Xbox 360 title update features an updated DMD, option to toggle the multi-ball camera on/off and ball drop sound.

The optional update which features the updated lighting, that fixes the oversaturated lights, is not yet available.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
There must be more in there than that (but locked away), as its 21 MB....

/crosses fingers

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
There must be more in there than that (but locked away), as its 21 MB....

/crosses fingers

The title update also includes menu assets to access the new DLC Tables (when they're released) and additional code to handle special objects on the aforementioned DLC Tables.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Why is the improved lighting an optional update out of curiosity?

I believe that the other update is required to play the new tables. They make that update mandatory so that someone can't download the new tables then not be able to play them. However, the lighting is not required to make the game play so it is not mandatory. I think its a good idea to make as few updates as possible mandatory. Some people turn on their console and just want to play a quick game and don't have time for the update then and would prefer to play now and update later.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
The optional update is essentially a patch on the core 4 tables. its too big to make it a regular pdate according to ms regulations. You can get the dlc, when available, without the optional update.

Rod G

Jul 24, 2012
Hopefully just a day or so for my first console encounter with the Ringmaster..."Do your worst!!.."

..oh I plan to Ringmaster...I plan to....

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Obviously we're not getting the content today. Next Tuesday? I won't get my hopes up, though, without confirmation.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
My sincere support towards PinWiz, holding both the fort in this here thread and on Facebook. You are keeping your patience a lot better than I am managing with the public there. Responses there make me wonder if Microsoft has a point about making sure memory cards arent being pulled out while loading data without a "dont be stupid" popup.

For the rest of us here, now that absolutely everything is approved and through cert....let the countdown to DLC commence...hopefully with a solid date to count towards.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE Android version 1.0.10 featuring Creature from the Black Lagoon and Black Knight is AVAILABLE NOW!

the ajp

Jun 17, 2012
Cool .. i look forward to the Ios version soon and will fill in my time till then arguing wiith the haters on the facebook thread ... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.