Latest NEWS And INFORMATION On FarSight Studios' The Pinball Arcade

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE iOS version 1.1.5 featuring Creature from the Black Lagoon and Black Knight is AVAILABLE NOW!

Thanks for the heads up Jeff...

jindofox

May 16, 2012
This android release before iOS is bs. Apple better get their **** together when it comes to this. Apps should be released on iOS first. I am sure it is Apple's fault because of the process. It better change.

There is malware in the Android store. There's a lot of junk in the Apple store, but at least there's some vetting process there to keep it relatively safe. I would rather wait an extra week than have to worry about downloading viruses to my phone.

The Game Center update for iOS is out now.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Victory? I've never even heard of that.

It was part of the Pinball Hall of Fame : The Gottlieb Collection and, if I recall correctly, had a nasty bug that wouldn't feed ball 2 to the plunger lane which meant the table was pretty much unplayable. Not a bad table though and can't wait to play an updated and fixed version of the table.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Nice to see Black Knight after taking the plunge and selling my Wii Gottlieb and Williams collections. Black Knight is definitely more challenging than the Hall of Fame edition: ball is noticeably faster; especially on the upper playfield where I found it ludicrously easy to get ball locks on the Wii.

My first impression of Creature was very poor, but I thought that might be due to the default camera angle not being appropriate due to the number of translucent ramps on the playfield. With angle 3 I could actually see what's going on (this is also a better angle for Black Knight due to the difference in area elevations). I still think Creature has far too much stuff cluttering the playfield for me to spend a lot of time with this one compared to the rest of the collection, but my second game was definitely better than the first.

Victory worked quite well on the Wii release of the Gottlieb collection. Pretty decent table with identifiable goals. I'd rather Big Shot be the next from that set, but I'd definitely buy this one as well.

Last edited:

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Nice to see Black Knight after taking the plunge and selling my Wii Gottlieb and Williams collections. Black Knight is definitely more challenging than the Hall of Fame edition: ball is noticeably faster; especially on the upper playfield where I found it ludicrously easy to get ball locks on the Wii.

My first impression of Creature was very poor, but I thought that might be due to the default camera angle not being appropriate due to the number of translucent ramps on the playfield. With angle 3 I could actually see what's going on (this is also a better angle for Black Knight due to the difference in area elevations). I still think Creature has far too much stuff cluttering the playfield for me to spend a lot of time with this one compared to the rest of the collection, but my second game was definitely better than the first.

Victory worked quite well on the Wii release of the Gottlieb collection. Pretty decent table with identifiable goals. I'd rather Big Shot be the next from that set, but I'd definitely buy this one as well.
It looks cluttered but it's not that bad once you get to know the lanes. At first in the beta I didnt enjoy creature at all, but once you get to spell FILM a few times you know basically what to go for. Starting to love the table after, and its now in my top 4 of all tables (with Totan, RBION, MM).

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE Gottlieb's 1987 Victory has been added as "announced" to the tables chart. Thanks to francis247uk for pointing the table out in the latest iOS update description.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Puke! How lame! This was Gottlieb's sorry answer to High Speed, and tables like this are the reason Gottlieb couldn't compete with Bally and Williams. Decent playfield, but ding dong music and generic sound effects leave this game devoid of any personality. It's like those generic tables in those pinball programs that often popped up in the 90's, or Zen's dull beginnings. That said, it was one of the best tables on that collection, but that's not saying much.
The only consolation is that Sorcerer still seems like a no-go, and this may satisfy them as far as doing tables from the Gottlieb collection.

Last edited:

Russell Bergman

Feb 29, 2012
I actually liked Victory! It's not as good as High Speed or The Getaway, but it's decent and I'm a sucker for 80's pinball machines.

Russell Bergman

Feb 29, 2012
I wish FarSight would officially announce more tables from the Gottlieb Collection. I know all of the tables deserve an upgrade. Genie, El Dorado, Tee'd Off, and Goin' Nuts would play like a dream with the updated physics and graphics!

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I wish FarSight would officially announce more tables from the Gottlieb Collection. I know all of the tables deserve an upgrade. Genie, El Dorado, Tee'd Off, and Goin' Nuts would play like a dream with the updated physics and graphics!
Goin' Nuts has an excellent premise - all multiball, all the time. Unfortunately, there's not a whole lot to do. I wish they'd take that concept and use it in a modern machine; perhaps using a license famous for having three of something, like the 3 Stooges, or 3 Musketeers.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE Lots of new information regarding DLC release time frames, PC, 3DS and Wii U development and future updates to the Game Center leaderboards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.