Latest NEWS And INFORMATION On FarSight Studios' The Pinball Arcade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Some things must have changed in the past couple of days as now the Optional Update will more than likely be released a few days after the first two DLC Table Packs are released instead of with them.
"Coming Soon" is not good. There have been websites that have been saying a product or feature is "coming soon" for years now, and said thing is still not out yet. I suppose the "update by Thursday at the latest" no longer stands?

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
I thought Victory was decent, but I agree the music was weak. I'd much rather see Sorcerer make the cut than Victory however, so I hope it will be in a future release regardless.
I agree. There's more to what makes a great game than how complex the rulesheet is or whether it has DMD or not. Played a Sorcerer at a pinball show a couple of years ago and it was a pretty compelling and exciting game. Took a fair bit of skill to play well too.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Yeah I wasn't too sure about Sorcerer at first, but I really enjoyed the sound effects and the table layout. I know people regard it as filler on the Williams Collection, but the more I played it the more I got to like it.

Russell Bergman

Feb 29, 2012
Why was Strikes n Spares taken of the announced list? I have been looking around the forum but I couldn't find any info other than it was taken off but no reason given. Just curious.....

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Here's an update I posted on May 25th regarding Strikes 'N Spares.

UPDATE With FarSight recently downgrading the status of Strikes 'N Spares by stating, "...although we may do Strikes 'N Spares in the future, it is not one of the next tables," I have removed it from the confirmed tables list. My tables list consists of tables that should be released within a 12 month period at any given time.

Russell Bergman

Feb 29, 2012
Thanks! I was looking for 30 min trying to find the reason before I posted. Oh, I went to Pinballz Arcade last week and I am ready to go again!

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Thanks! I was looking for 30 min trying to find the reason before I posted. Oh, I went to Pinballz Arcade last week and I am ready to go again!

I'll be hitting up Pinballz for a few hours tomorrow...I try to go at least once a week to see what new tables they've added.

Last edited:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I saw Pinballz featured on Pinside. Number 3, behind only the Silverball Museum and PHOF. Too bad I don't have a place like that near me, though I do have an aunt and uncle who live in Austin. Think I may need to pay them a visit when I get back on sound financial footing.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Me too!
Went for a rare stroll through the Facebook page this last week, and it was good to see Gail R Schwartz is still kicking around sharing her thoughts....
Reading the revelation, that she likes to play Gorgar whilst having a cr@p has spoilt this table forever for me now though.
I shall never facebook again, just so she can't spoil BOP for me.....(involuntary Shudder).

Try G+. Pinball Arcade Fans had a presence on there now. ;-) There's a surprising amount of Pinball Arcade chatter on there, and a lot of Android info as well.

N

Nik Barbour

Try G+. Pinball Arcade Fans had a presence on there now. ;-) There's a surprising amount of Pinball Arcade chatter on there, and a lot of Android info as well.

Thanks for the suggestion Jared - i'll check it out.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE DLC Table Packs #1 and #2 featuring Medieval Madness, The Machine : Bride of Pin·Bot, Cirqus Voltaire and Funhouse are AVAILABLE NOW! on the Xbox 360.

I'm very busy at work today, so I'll post all the necessary updates when I get home tonight.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
News about Pack #5 from their latest newsletter:

"Taxi™ will be featured in the next table pack! We will also be releasing another great Stern game that will get your motor runnin’…"

Also sounds like Pack #4 might be out a bit sooner than we thought on PS3 (NA):

"Add-on Pack#3: Gorgar™ and Monster Bash™ and Add-on Pack#4: Black Knight™ and Creature from the Black Lagoon™ have been submitted on PS3 and PSVita in North America. We hope to have both of these add-on packs available before the end of August."

Last edited:

emb531

Mar 22, 2012
Taxi sounds fun. Well see about Harley Davidson, hopefully more of that era of Stern pins will come out in the next couple of DLC's

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE The Optional Update which fixes issues with the launch tables such as physics, collisions and lighting is AVAILABLE NOW! on the Xbox 360.

NOTE : You may need to delete the corrupt Optional Update file from your hard drive then download the Optional Update again for it to install correctly.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Well it sure as hell isn't Rollercoaster Tycoon!!
Yeah, though I'd like to see RCT. It has what has to be one of the most annoying announcers in pinball history, but the table is fun - like an unofficial fourth installment to Williams Roller Coaster Trilogy, but designed by Pat Lawlor. I don't think the license would be that expensive either (I should hope not). Would be a great companion to NGG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts